Jan 16, 2020, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWhiz
NO NO NO "cram it?" Nope!

You remove the top servo retainer from the frame - two tiny screws.. then fold the tail wire back along the boom towards the tail 1/2" at the exact top of the boom - then reverse it towards the canopy.. press the boom and folded wire in to the frame and route the wires under that servo top retainer.. plug in to board you are finished.
Do this...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2020, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholikescheese
Do this...
Thanks will try that next time if the tail boom ever breaks again. I ended up taking off the plug by lifting on the plastic tabs and then ran the wires through the hole. Then re-attached the plug. Billy's way sounds easier. I was wondering if that's why the put the notch there for the wires to exit out of but wasn't sure.
Jan 19, 2020, 06:57 AM
What kind of battery connector does the XK K110 use?
I want to make a charging cable for it, I ordered the "white plug" GNB batteries.
But what is this "white plug" exactly?
Jan 19, 2020, 09:05 AM
Found them thanks to kibatiusagi in the Eachine E119 thread:
"51005/51006" connectors or "Walkera JST".
https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...warehouse%3DCN
Jan 19, 2020, 12:03 PM
https://www.ebay.de/itm/10-Paar-Walk...gAAOSwmcFbzabY

I got these, work a treat and 22 AWG is a bit thicker than the original.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Jan 19, 2020, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber
How many flights you get out of a ESC battery connector may depend on who makes your battery side connectors and how tight they fit. A hundred+ flights is as good of a guess as any. A good time to replace it may be before you buy new batteries cause you think the old ones are getting tired. They may have some life left in them after replacing the ESC battery connector.

Check the connector immediately after a flight, if it's warmer than after previous flights then it's getting bad.
Where do I buy ESC battery connector?. My ESC connector to motor is very loose. Thanks.
Last edited by Zenk; Jan 19, 2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add photo.
Jan 19, 2020, 05:47 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenk
Where do I buy ESC battery connector?. My ESC connector to motor is very loose. Thanks.
Amazon! They sell every kind of connector....

The JST PH2.0 is a better connector than the "Molex" that is stock on the k110, but if your batteries are Molex than it's not worth switching at this point. I buy better 450mah lipos that have the JST 2.0 connector fitted (aka TinyWhoop).

One thing is certain - the JST 2.0 (2mm spacing) are going to last a whole lot longer than the Molex connector.
Jan 19, 2020, 05:52 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesselspeed
What kind of battery connector does the XK K110 use?
I want to make a charging cable for it, I ordered the "white plug" GNB batteries.
But what is this "white plug" exactly?
White plug is not a "common or industry standard description" - just one GNB have used - the real name is a Molex connector (and they ain't that great - JST PH2.0 are far better).
Jan 19, 2020, 09:44 PM
Thanks Billy. Maybe I just solder the ESC end directly to the motor.
Jan 19, 2020, 10:24 PM
I remove the plastic on that servo connector for the motor... pinch them a little with pliers, then heat shrink them.
Jan 19, 2020, 11:50 PM
@Zenk
Do you have any old broken servos? if so, they may have the right connector for you.
Jan 19, 2020, 11:57 PM
Zenk, have closer look. It may only be the plastic connector sleeve that is loose. It is a non issue if the individual 3 pins are mating firmly which they should. We hardly ever disconnect and reconnect the motor wires unlike the battery connector.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:34 AM
Zenk,

which connectors do you mean?? The advice was to watch your battery to ESC (white Molex 2 pin) ones as they could wear after time but you posted a picture of the motor to ESC which I thought was a standard servo connector (hence the post from ptern)???

If it is the motor to ESC I would just squeeze the pins or bend them slightly to get a better contact.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Jan 20, 2020, 03:38 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
When (not if) you need to replace the stock ESC battery connector, the proper names of the connectors are Molex 51005 and Molex 51006. Search AliExpress for 22AWG silicone wire versions, they are the biggest I have found so far. Unfortunately the link to where I bought mine goes to a vendor that no longer exists. And I agree with BIlly that the JST PH2.0 are better connectors if you ever decide to ugrade.

If you need an ESC to main board connector and don't have an old servo to steal one from then use these:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/120mm-mo...-5pcs-bag.html

If you need to replace the motor connectors you can use these JR servo connector pins.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/jst-sh-s...html?wrh_pdp=3
These are the ones we use in the 2S K110 conversions.

I'm like Wayne, I don't like the motor connector shell, I just put the pins on the wires and cover with heat shrink. I've had connectors in the shell get pushed too far inside and make a bad connection in the past.

Motor connectors are JR servo connector pins, without the black shell.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 20, 2020 at 03:28 PM.
Jan 20, 2020, 06:18 PM
Should I buy the Blade 230s V2 or the OMPH-M2?. Thanks. I will have to bind the heli with the QX7S. Thanks.

Quick Reply