Nov 10, 2018, 10:50 PM
My first k110 board was dead on frequency, my latest purchase required +11... I am not sure what that means, but once it's adjusted it works perfectly.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2018, 11:12 AM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaves2
Er, umm, I've seen the video of a fellow flying the 110 with the Jumper "pseudo" Open Tx T12 and the guys banging around the 110's in
that MadMax appearing abandoned factory/storage area (really cool) and downloaded a setup file for the T12 but can't get the danged thing to pair with my 110's. I sprung for a T12 that doesn't have the Hall effect gimbals to compare to my Deviation T8SG Plus v2.0 with 'em.

Anyone care to share the pairing settings for the T12 and the k110?

I have to say, I like Deviation better as I was able to get downloaded files to work quicker. Since I'm a Linux fan from 1994 I thought I'd give Open Tx a shot but so far, doesn't seem very intuitive to me. The menus are stupid. Sure If one learns the quirks they're likely better but not easy enough for a neophyte to pick up on. Kurt
There's a link for the model file in the description of that video. Unless you mean you have that and still can't bind in which case no idea why it will not as there's no setup for binding past selecting correct protocol. That's providing your T12 works with other stuff fine as I did have one 4 in 1 module conk out on me and to binding with everything. Not had to fine tune anything Futaba but never got any e010 binds ever
Nov 11, 2018, 01:19 PM
I got that file in the video and got it into the T12. I push the reset button on the K110 and still no joy. I have four 110's and no binding noted. I wondered if there were some "sub-settings" that might have to be diddled with? Other than that, I could try and get a known receiver with a protocol that is known to work with the T12 and try to see if that would work. If that failed, I got a bum transmitter. Been known to happen I quess. Thanks for the suggestions all, I'll looking for the parameter to fine tune the T12 to bind to my particular k110's Kurt
Last edited by ksaves2; Nov 11, 2018 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added thanks
Nov 11, 2018, 02:53 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
In deviation then you get into the menu for the futaba protocol and do the frequency fine adjust. Surely there is the same menu setting in open Tx to fine tune the frequency ?
Nov 11, 2018, 03:58 PM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
I got that file in the video and got it into the T12. I push the reset button on the K110 and still no joy. I have four 110's and no binding noted. I wondered if there were some "sub-settings" that might have to be diddled with? Other than that, I could try and get a known receiver with a protocol that is known to work with the T12 and try to see if that would work. If that failed, I got a bum transmitter. Been known to happen I quess. Thanks for the suggestions all, I'll looking for the parameter to fine tune the T12 to bind to my particular k110's Kurt
That does sound like you may need to use the fine tune option. Futaba and Frsky only apparently for this option - not had to use it yet but my flysky range is terrible and could do with it for that.
I'm curious if you have an E010 and can bind to it with the T12? If so you may have a newer on than me with a revised/newer crystal.
Nov 11, 2018, 04:06 PM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
In deviation then you get into the menu for the futaba protocol and do the frequency fine adjust. Surely there is the same menu setting in open Tx to fine tune the frequency ?
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ency_Tuning.md
Nov 11, 2018, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend
That does sound like you may need to use the fine tune option. Futaba and Frsky only apparently for this option - not had to use it yet but my flysky range is terrible and could do with it for that.
I'm curious if you have an E010 and can bind to it with the T12? If so you may have a newer on than me with a revised/newer crystal.
I just have the 4 in 1 module with the T12. I also have the Jumper T8Sg plus v2.0 I have no problems with whatsoever with the XK helis. Some of the
WL KN files that are out there work (specifically for the V930 and V977) although I wish I could figure out how to tweak the V977 just a "little bit".
The collective pitch XK birds the files are intuitive so even a stark raving mad neophyte like me can figure out diddling with throttle and pitch curves.
My Jumper sat for about 5 weeks before I figured out programming, updating and scarfing up decent flight .ini's to use. I haven't picked up any
of the stock transmitters for a couple of months. Only stock tranny I use is for the middlin' V911S. I've zipped it around the back yard and the twitching isn't
quite so bad as when I'm in my basement. I don't care if I dork it but so far I haven't had a mishap with it outside flying. Now getting too cold to fly outside though the cooling issues might be deal with easier with the k123 and 124's! Kurt
Nov 11, 2018, 07:09 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Lol ksaves2, there is no heli off season, just K123 / K124 season!

It's best to have both so you can fly one while using the other for a hand warmer.
Nov 11, 2018, 09:05 PM
Ok. Back to the T12. Ummm, I had two 110's I hadn't removed from the boxes to try a pairing session with the T12 and to my surprise both had the large holed motors.
I have a shot of one of them next to my original small holed one.
Is this the screen with the Jumper I have to diddle with? If so, what do I have to change? I push the reset on the k110 and the red LED goes out and stays out. No binding whatsoever. I'm going to have to fire up one of the large holed 110's on my Jumper T8Sg Plus and take it to the indoor flying gym some Sunday. Kurt
Nov 11, 2018, 09:18 PM
frequency tune... add or subtract a few at a time until it binds, then keep going until it won't bind any more, set it at the number in the center. it should be almost instantaneous when it's right... and I like to set receiver numbers as well, a habit from spektrum stuff, so I can set let's say 2 k110's and a k120, with different receiver numbers.
Nov 11, 2018, 09:32 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
scroll down to freq tune and enter and set either + or - values.
Nov 11, 2018, 09:45 PM
Ok so if I hit the button on the XK receiver and the led goes out. I diddle with the setting
on the T12 and it will automatically bind when in tune? Do I have to hit bind on the T12 let it beep and see if the receiver binds?
Nov 11, 2018, 10:03 PM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Ok so if I hit the button on the XK receiver and the led goes out. I diddle with the setting
on the T12 and it will automatically bind when in tune? Do I have to hit bind on the T12 let it beep and see if the receiver binds?
You are actually activating the 'bind' at the bottom of that T12 screen you posted right? Pressing up gets you there faster than scrolling down.
There's no auto bind just turning the TX on like stock XK TX, you must select it on the TX. Turn the heli on while holding the bind button, then press bind on the TX.
After that it will stay bound and no need to do anything but turn them both on. You can even turn the TX on after and it's fine.
Nov 11, 2018, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend
You are actually activating the 'bind' at the bottom of that T12 screen you posted right? Pressing up gets you there faster than scrolling down.
There's no auto bind just turning the TX on like stock XK TX, you must select it on the TX. Turn the heli on while holding the bind button, then press bind on the TX.
After that it will stay bound and no need to do anything but turn them both on. You can even turn the TX on after and it's fine.
So you mean the Bnd in that picture? I hit that and it beeps incessantly. There is a bind button on the module in the back also.

I went from 128 and down to -128 by 10's and nothing. I turn on the transmitter, scroll to the screen (yes I see going "up" is quicker).
The heli LED flashes and I push the reset on the receiver and start scrolling through the fine tune on the transmitter. I select Bnd on the screen and
I get this beeping. Nothing is working. Either my T12 is a dog or I'm doing something wrong. At this point I totally recommend the Deviation T8Sg Plus v2 for a born again heli flier as Open Tx is nothing but frustration for myself. Make note, I haven't diddled with the firmware or tried to "upgrade" it
as I read the cautions to use it as it comes without messing with it. Oh yes, I made sure "internal Rf" is off and the "External Rf" is on.
Kurt
Last edited by ksaves2; Nov 11, 2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added stuff
Nov 11, 2018, 10:42 PM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
So you mean the Bnd in that picture? I hit that and it beeps incessantly. There is a bind button on the module in the back also.

I went from 128 and down to -128 by 10's and nothing. I turn on the transmitter, scroll to the screen (yes I see going "up" is quicker).
The heli LED flashes and I push the reset on the receiver and start scrolling through the fine tune on the transmitter. I select Bnd on the screen and
I get this beeping. Nothing is working. Either my T12 is a dog or I'm doing something wrong. At this point I totally recommend the Deviation T8Sg Plus v2 for a born again heli flier as Open Tx is nothing but frustration for myself. Make note, I haven't diddled with the firmware or tried to "upgrade" it
as I read the cautions to use it as it comes without messing with it. Oh yes, I made sure "internal Rf" is off and the "External Rf" is on.
Kurt
I'm going to hazard a guess the T12 and firmware is fine and this is a module issue.
Have you bound/flown anything else with the T12 apart the K110? If not please try another model.
I had one 4 in 1 module stop binding with anything, still lights up however.
Went a bit crazy until I got a 2nd module to prove the first actually did stop working/binding with the K110 I had previously flown it with.

Quick Reply