This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Today, 06:07 AM

"set mode_range_logic_operator = AND" problem.

Is anyone using mode range adding successfully.

Two different SPRF3 running 1.6.1 on two different FW doing the same thing.

When I set mode_range_logic_operator = AND I cannot arm.

I've tried deleting all modes except arming on an one aux channel.
When I set mode_range_logic_operator = OR It will arm.
When I set mode_range_logic_operator = AND It won't arm.

If I set up another mode E.G. angle with two aux channels, the mode selection works as expected with AND or OR.
Arm works when it's set to OR but won't arm when it's set to AND.

Anyone else having problems?
to remove ads between posts
Today, 06:07 AM
Quote:
but how did u wired bluetooth on your board. use osd and disconnect from main port to connect it?
Yes, but in some cases (flying wing I guess), you can connect BT to softserial (with some limitations in bandwidth).
Today, 06:54 AM
thanks , do not remember if can slow down speed on bt module only used one for testing on an f3 board and checked ezgui funcions, since i plan to put board in this wing and usb wont be so accessible i tought to add bt module. gps has been tested with a mini gps very cheap and can get fix on testing it on my desk, 4 sats but got fix.
Today, 09:02 AM

TBS Unify PRO smartaudio

@DigitalEntity

Can we use smartaudio to change vtx settings by OSD in iNav now?
Today, 09:26 AM
Hello,
just wondering if anybody here has used iNav on a Tricopter? I have a Tri with a SPRacing F3, installed iNav 1.7 on it and it pretty much worked right away. Just wondering about fine tuning the servo movement and PID settings.
Today, 10:29 AM

PIFF fine tuning

Another tuning query:

I'm using INAV on an SP3 Racing board with a simple GPS (i.e. no mag). Plane is a small 4 channel 'intermediate trainer' (modified Airtronics S-Tee for those who have been in the hobby for a while). It seems to be working reasonably OK, and, most importantly whatever failsafe bug(s) that led to my flyaway definitely seem fixed - failsafe behaves really intuitively now, and the default landing spiral works well. I've also added a GPS and the GPS RTH worked without any need for tinkering (other than to adjust the parameters to turn before gaining height and to circle rather than land....IMHO, these should be the default FW parameters). So 1.7 really feels like a big step forward - thanks DE.

However, I'm struggling a bit with the PIFF tuning. I've followed the steps on the PIFF tuning page (had to guess the plane's roll/pitch and yaw rate), and it flies pretty stable in Horizon+airmode+turnassist modes if left alone. However, it feels sluggish to respond to my commands, and returns to level a bit too quickly for my liking.....feels like I am fighting the controller all the time.

For some reason Autotune does funny things - after a few hard banks the plane heads straight for the ground and I have to save it using Passthru. But that is not a trainsmash right now as I'd like to better understand manual tuning and the PIFF dynamics anyway.

So, given the behaviour described above, which parameters should I adjust? My first thought was to reduce 'P' for roll and yaw, to make it level less abruptly, or will that make it even less responsive to stick commands? What about increasing P, but reducing the parameter "fw_p_level", which is described as the "self leveling strength"? Any other parameters to look at?

All help appreciated.

Selected CLI dump below
Code:
set nav_fw_bank_angle = 45
set nav_fw_climb_angle = 30
set nav_fw_dive_angle = 15

set fw_p_pitch = 10
set fw_i_pitch = 15
set fw_ff_pitch = 65
set fw_p_roll = 10
set fw_i_roll = 15
set fw_ff_roll = 50
set fw_p_yaw = 10
set fw_i_yaw = 15
set fw_ff_yaw = 140
set fw_p_level = 40
set fw_i_level = 5
set fw_d_level = 75
set max_angle_inclination_rll = 600
set max_angle_inclination_pit = 600

set roll_rate = 15
set pitch_rate = 12
set yaw_rate = 6
Today, 10:53 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micropitt
Hello,
just wondering if anybody here has used iNav on a Tricopter? I have a Tri with a SPRacing F3, installed iNav 1.7 on it and it pretty much worked right away. Just wondering about fine tuning the servo movement and PID settings.
There are a number of people flying tricopters, some of us even with multiple tris. As always, PIDs with depend on many things including vehicle size (my 280mm is very different to the 600mm).
Today, 11:09 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Sports
Another tuning query:

I'm using INAV on an SP3 Racing board with a simple GPS (i.e. no mag). Plane is a small 4 channel 'intermediate trainer' (modified Airtronics S-Tee for those who have been in the hobby for a while). It seems to be working reasonably OK, and, most importantly whatever failsafe bug(s) that led to my flyaway definitely seem fixed - failsafe behaves really intuitively now, and the default landing spiral works well. I've also added a GPS and the GPS RTH worked without any need for tinkering (other than to adjust the parameters to turn before gaining height and to circle rather than land....IMHO, these should be the default FW parameters). So 1.7 really feels like a big step forward - thanks DE.

However, I'm struggling a bit with the PIFF tuning. I've followed the steps on the PIFF tuning page (had to guess the plane's roll/pitch and yaw rate), and it flies pretty stable in Horizon+airmode+turnassist modes if left alone. However, it feels sluggish to respond to my commands, and returns to level a bit too quickly for my liking.....feels like I am fighting the controller all the time.

For some reason Autotune does funny things - after a few hard banks the plane heads straight for the ground and I have to save it using Passthru. But that is not a trainsmash right now as I'd like to better understand manual tuning and the PIFF dynamics anyway.

So, given the behaviour described above, which parameters should I adjust? My first thought was to reduce 'P' for roll and yaw, to make it level less abruptly, or will that make it even less responsive to stick commands? What about increasing P, but reducing the parameter "fw_p_level", which is described as the "self leveling strength"? Any other parameters to look at?
I'd go for....

set fw_p_level = 20 // .. to make it self-level slower
set roll_rate = 25 // ... to make it snappier on the roll stick

And at the same time reduce the FF for pitch and roll, 65 and 50 seems a bit high and could be the cause of the "robotic" feel, maybe

set fw_ff_pitch = 30
set fw_ff_roll = 30
Today, 11:30 AM
Thanks, Oliver.

I previously had the roll rate at 36, and got the behaviour described. For that roll rate, the '90%' FF value was 20, which is close to the 25 you suggest. When observing the natural roll rate, 360/sec seemed too high, so I dropped it and redid the tune, getting the values in the dump.

I'll definitely try the lower fw_p_level setting.

What parameter causes it to respond too slowly to the stick commands? To be more precise, it starts off responding sluggishly, then reasonably suddenly goes full roll/pitch. Possibly because I am holding the sticks at full deflection impatiently waiting for a response . Probably worth admitting now that my usual flying style is to have the controls hyper-sensitive, so that I fly with stick pressure rather than stick movement. Obviously I don't expect the FC to replicate that style, but my pixhawk set up feels a lot smoother than where I have INAV right now, so I am sure I've just got the tuning wrong.
Today, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micropitt
Hello,
Yep, flying iNav on a RCExplorer V4 tricopter.... working pretty good
my yaw servo currently has some mechanical play in the gears, which makes it a bid nervous in yaw (not iNav fault... just me too lazy to replace the gears), but other than that, it works perfect...

PID settings vary a lot with different size / setup / servo's, etc.... I'm flying with:
set mc_p_yaw = 100
set mc_i_yaw = 40
set mc_d_yaw = 100
But yours could be totally different....
Today, 12:28 PM

Flying wing autolaunch upside-down.

Got my Z-84 flying wing working now on iNav 1.7.0
using cheap (analog) 9g servo's, it still works pretty good....

I've tried auto launch, with varying results....
when I normally hand-launch it (straight throw forward), auto launch works perfect.
However, when I make a discus style launch (swing), it ALWAYS ends up upside down before the motor starts, and then nosedives in....
I may not be a good thrower, but without iNav autolaunch, I usually manage to get the wing in the air reasonably fine using either discus style or normal straight throw.

I got my board turned by -90 Yaw, to have better access to the USB connector. (Omnibus F3). Should not matter, as it flies perfect in all other modes, but it made me wonder...

Did anyone try doing a discus style auto launch on a flying wing, with a FC which is turned by -90 deg ?....

It could well be caused by my lousy throwing skills, but I find it a bid too consistent to always end up upside down...

I may rotate the FC just to confirm it doesn't make a difference (but it requires some re-work).

Here is the blackbox log file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwe...ew?usp=sharing
Last edited by wilco1967; Today at 12:41 PM.
Today, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco1967
Yep, flying iNav on a RCExplorer V4 tricopter.... working pretty good :
PID settings vary a lot with different size / setup / servo's, etc.... I'm flying with:
set mc_p_yaw = 100
set mc_i_yaw = 40
set mc_d_yaw = 100
But yours could be totally different....
Using several RCExplorer V2,6 tricopters (wooden frame, 660mm from motor to motor) running successfully on iNAV 1.5.1 with YAW_P from 85 to 200. Our YAW_I has to be set above 35 to keep heading in fast backwards flight. Using YAW_I of 55 at the moment. YAW_D=0. As far as I know the "D" is not used at all for YAW .
servo_pwm_rate from 200 to 330 if using a digital servo.
Level_P of only 10 to 14 for fast, but well leveled altitude changes in WP missions..