Cleanflight iNav (navigation-rewrite) project - Page 501 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 03, 2016, 12:47 AM
From Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenerd
I have a spracing f3 acro board with BN-880 and external compass. I have connected SCL with same and SDA with same connected to the I2C and can not connect to any configurator with it connected. Disconnect the compass no problem connecting.
Do I need the wires reversed?
Much more rereading of this thread now that I am actually using the features and not just flying.
Very locked in with default pids, Armattan fpv v2 453.
Power your quad with flight battery before connecting it to the pc, This is so the compass / gps gets powered up.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2016, 05:41 AM
iNav saving my plane
Minimag iNav RTH (2 min 38 sec)
Aug 03, 2016, 06:14 AM
66 yrs of flying stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfrequently
Thanks for the heads up on that, item is ordered!
Aug 03, 2016, 06:31 AM
The truth will prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstarck
Thanks for the heads up on that, item is ordered!
Bought them here and have now plenty of them...:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20X-M...c-3ba319768c9a
Aug 03, 2016, 07:00 AM
The truth will prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannewt
What about support for a Sparky 2.0 That should be very close to the Revo, or?
Aug 03, 2016, 08:52 AM
General Mission question for anyone. Can waypoints be set through CLI? Thank you.
Aug 03, 2016, 09:09 AM
The truth will prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerflyer
General Mission question for anyone. Can waypoints be set through CLI? Thank you.
No and on top of it this would be very inconvenient to program waypoints like this----
Aug 03, 2016, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerflyer
Use EzGUI for that!
Aug 03, 2016, 10:47 AM
I COLLECT flyaway&lost drones!
Hello all, hi Konstantin,

I did not checked in a while.

(half a year ago I wanted to persuade CLEANFLIGHT, or INAV or whatewer, to a 450-quad, GPS assisted gimbal carrying platform, but I had enough of bent props and broken expensive gimbal because of GPS loss, , no criticism.. I wanted to persuade something which is was back that time for racers instead for camera platform)

I took my old RCMC DODO and put latest inav on it. As I remebered INAV from before: out of the box smooth and calm as a baby. Thankyou K., and everybody!

a word of caution for you, I had latest CLEANFLIGHT on that DODO, f330 frame, 20A RACERSTAR (blheli +defaults), 1400kv 2212, and now I have 2 pretty bloody scar-s on my face because of the props cut me.

cleanflight, out of the box, had some trouble properly communicating with the blheli ESC (RACERSTAR 20A) and drone shoot instantly up full power on the SMALLEST throttle stick. there was NO smooth thr response all the way up. (like it IS in inav)

keep your health (eyes, etc) safe.

nice day.
Aug 03, 2016, 11:08 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin555

(half a year ago I wanted to persuade CLEANFLIGHT, or INAV or whatewer, to a 450-quad, GPS assisted gimbal carrying platform, but I had enough of bent props and broken expensive gimbal because of GPS loss, , no criticism.. I wanted to persuade something which is was back that time for racers instead for camera platform)

I took my old RCMC DODO and put latest inav on it. As I remebered INAV from before: out of the box smooth and calm as a baby. Thankyou K., and everybody!

a word of caution for you, I had latest CLEANFLIGHT on that DODO, f330 frame, 20A RACERSTAR (blheli +defaults), 1400kv 2212, and now I have 2 pretty bloody scar-s on my face because of the props cut me.

cleanflight, out of the box, had some trouble properly communicating with the blheli ESC (RACERSTAR 20A) and drone shoot instantly up full power on the SMALLEST throttle stick. there was NO smooth thr response all the way up. (like it IS in inav)

nice day.
May I recommend https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2327875. So simple, may save your electronics, eyes, skin etc.
Aug 03, 2016, 11:38 AM
That worked, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleost
Power your quad with flight battery before connecting it to the pc, This is so the compass / gps gets powered up.
Aug 03, 2016, 11:39 AM
Still flying a desk..
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleost
Default at least with 50m altitude.
I've got an FPV project on the go and it will have to be hand launched so this is just what I need.
Aug 03, 2016, 11:39 AM
hi, thanks very much, but again, it was NOT some over-powering electricity issue,

instead:

cleanflight, fresh installed:

there was no throttle travel. on the smallest throttle up, the quad shoot upwards with serious power. the scenario could be re-created, not a single issue.

switching to Inav NOTHING ELSE CHANGED (f330, 20A racerstar blheli defaults, 2212 1400kv),

defaults + the same calibration esc, acc(inav 6 step calibr),

smooth as f*ck. hover, throttle travel, everything.

same issue on naze32rev6, on DODO, other ESC (afro 20A, other motor) but 920 kv motors, smaller power.. just instant backflips instead of flyaway or cut myself.

I also dont care if some "hardcore" modeler thinks I am a greenhorn stupid, if maybe I can save some other fellow-s eyes.

so , only for the joke, not to start a fight with you: the good recommendation here would be here a baseball helmet + face protecting grid + sunglasses :-) or to make me stop building
Aug 03, 2016, 11:50 AM
Still flying a desk..
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin555

nice day.
Yep I've done that..
That's what happens when you have one shot enabled ESCs but The flight controller is not using it.
The first glitch that the ESC's get, look like a one shot command so the ESC's fire up at some random speed and get stuck there.

Sometimes it's just a fast idle, sometimes half throttle or higher. I guess that you were really unlucky.

I've learned to take the props off regardless of what I think I've done right when setting it up for the first time.
Aug 03, 2016, 11:56 AM
oh

root cause found???

thx!!

solution then?

-how to go 100% sure that the esc has oneshot, and its turned on? bl heli does not tells that!

step 2: what to set in CF gui to be okay?

looptime , something else, matters?

thxxx!!!!!!

Quick Reply