Cleanflight iNav (navigation-rewrite) project - Page 1278 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 16, 2018, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronnag
FPORT is in the development branch and will be in the 1.9.1 maintenance release (which should be quite soon).

Also of note is that iNav Configurator 1.9.3 was released today; this should address issues experienced with servo configuration, and updates some presets.
https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav-c...rator/releases
A big thanks to the guys who quietly toil away on this in the background between releases. Special thanks to Afinogen for including my request (#381) for adding a colour change of the selected way point during editing. Hopefully this will save some errors being made when tweaking positions.

Wish my flying could improve as fast as the configurator does......

Best regards,
David
Last edited by KiwiDavid; Apr 16, 2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: change "highlighted" to "selected"
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 07:29 PM
Reposting for an answer:.

@Stronnag, so what's the deal with iNav randomly disarming? Is it a software problem, or software problem just with the Omnibus F4 Pro V3?

I'd like to build a new plane but would like a better idea of what's going on before committing to a board with bad software they will cause me to lose another $350 plane.
Quote:
Board and RX ?
Omnibus F4 Pro V3 & R-XSR

I just lost my nano goblin thanks to resetting RTH after it disarmed from losing reception, then not being able to arm it and throttle back up.
Apr 16, 2018, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman
you should be able to move smartport to softserial and free up uart2 for the gps?

https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-soft-serial/
That worked like a charm. Thanks.
Apr 16, 2018, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kularb66
Hello,
J have Spracing F3 work well Smartport on Uart 1 gps BN880 on Uart2 Sbus on Uart3. You can see telemetry only when armed.
Can help you
Thanks for the suggestion. I went with the softserial option.
Apr 16, 2018, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone, I am going to start on my first iNav craft. I have a Bangood Star F3S to use. It only has 2 uarts available. I plan to use one for the SBUS receiver and one for a DJI GPS. It has no on-board barometer.

Do you think this is worth proceeding with? How does iNav function without a barometer?
Apr 16, 2018, 11:59 PM
I've got another wing to build and i have a spare Betaflight F3 board laying around. I know it has a target in v1.9 but how do you hook up servos to it....its made for a quad..... Sorry if this is a dumb question..lol
Apr 17, 2018, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian74
What is exactly not working? Are you using this blackbox viewer ?

I don't know if this is even possible, but awesome idea!
I am using a MacBook Pro mid2010 - a Samsung SSD and HighSierra with APFS. My target is an omnibus F4 with integrated Blackbox memory. The download stops after some seconds - and its impossible to use "cancel" Button. I have to close the Configurator app.
I have installed WIN7 to this Device - and with Win7 i dont have any problems.
Apr 17, 2018, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747

@Stronnag, so what's the deal with iNav randomly disarming? Is it a software problem, or software problem just with the Omnibus F4 Pro V3?

I'd like to build a new plane but would like a better idea of what's going on before committing to a board with bad software they will cause me to lose another $350 plane.

I just lost my nano goblin thanks to resetting RTH after it disarmed from losing reception, then not being able to arm it and throttle back up.

Hmm. Is it with 1.9.x or all of the versions?
I had a strange plane lost, similar to yours, but I couldn't find the reason of it.
Apr 17, 2018, 08:22 AM
Hi Stronnag,

Thanks for your fast replies as always. It's greatly helping me.
I have taked your points in your response with me, and went back to the field.
At the moment all of this is driving me completely nuts. I have spend another 3 hours today at the airfield, running lipo's below there minimum voltage, and still no result.
Well, I managed to fly 2 times a waypoint mission, I don't know how I did it, but it engaged waypoint mission. When it did, is was working really fine.

I receives satellites within 10 seconds or so. I almost get 20 sometimes!

Anyway, what happened is the following thing:
I am using EZgui and droidplanner. Ezgui seems to work smoother with less errors, but it doesn't differs a lot.
Anyway my biggest point i'm struggling with is that endless annoying green LED. If I connect the battery I wait half a minute, then the green led stops blinking and I can arm the model and fly it.
THen, when I draw a mission, and save to volatile memory, and then upload the mission, the green led start's blinking and that's it, I cannot arm from that point anymore.
Then it finally stops blinking after minutes or lots of trying to arm, then when I fly it doesn't fly it's mission.
He's not happy with the waypoints and why, I don't know.

Whatever i'm trying, drawing bigger routes, smaller routed, with return to home or without, That green LED is driving me crazy.
I have tried several calibrations, have flashed back to 1.9, whatever i'm trying this is not working.

What am I doing wrong here?

Does it have to be a certain distance away from me? Does it has to be a certain altitude, does it have any precuations?

Thanks a lot, I really hope I can get this solved.

Ps, I don't have a blackbox on my paris Sirius air.
Also, baurated of the radio's are set to 9600. Not sure if that has to do with any problems related uploading waypoints..

Remy

Quote:
It would be considerate to other users if you please posted dumps (or preferably diffs) in a CODE block (as here), so it is scrollable and readable on mobile devices.

As to the WP problem, without a blackbox log and preferably the corresponding mission file, it's very difficult to say what the problem might be.

You also need to be aware that:
  • Waypoints must be in volatile memory to be executable
  • Uploading WPs to volatile memory does not survive power-cycle
  • If WPs are saved to EEPROM, they must first be restored to volatile memory to be executable
Last edited by Remy; Apr 17, 2018 at 08:58 AM.
Apr 17, 2018, 08:33 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
is there somewhere a collection of generic screenshots for each tab within INAV ???

i can find a few random images with google searching, but not a complete collection

I would like to print a set and then mark up the changes I have made
Apr 17, 2018, 09:05 AM
Old age ain't for sissies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle
is there somewhere a collection of generic screenshots for each tab within INAV ???

i can find a few random images with google searching, but not a complete collection

I would like to print a set and then mark up the changes I have made

Make your own: Windows Snipping Tool, under Windows Accessories.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palankaizs
Hmm. Is it with 1.9.x or all of the versions?
I had a strange plane lost, similar to yours, but I couldn't find the reason of it.
Yes. I never had a problem with 1.8 although when I first switched to 1.9.0, I started having the random disarming and losing altitude even under horizontal and NavAlt hold modes. I went back to 1.8 and still had the same problems so I put 1.9.0 back on. Eventually lost the plane.

What FC are people using with no problems?
Apr 17, 2018, 10:56 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Hi Stronnag,

Thanks for your fast replies as always. It's greatly helping me.
I have taked your points in your response with me, and went back to the field.
At the moment all of this is driving me completely nuts. I have spend another 3 hours today at the airfield, running lipo's below there minimum voltage, and still no result.
Well, I managed to fly 2 times a waypoint mission, I don't know how I did it, but it engaged waypoint mission. When it did, is was working really fine.

I receives satellites within 10 seconds or so. I almost get 20 sometimes!

Anyway, what happened is the following thing:
I am using EZgui and droidplanner. Ezgui seems to work smoother with less errors, but it doesn't differs a lot.
Anyway my biggest point i'm struggling with is that endless annoying green LED. If I connect the battery I wait half a minute, then the green led stops blinking and I can arm the model and fly it.
THen, when I draw a mission, and save to volatile memory, and then upload the mission, the green led start's blinking and that's it, I cannot arm from that point anymore.
Then it finally stops blinking after minutes or lots of trying to arm, then when I fly it doesn't fly it's mission.
He's not happy with the waypoints and why, I don't know.

Whatever i'm trying, drawing bigger routes, smaller routed, with return to home or without, That green LED is driving me crazy.
I have tried several calibrations, have flashed back to 1.9, whatever i'm trying this is not working.

What am I doing wrong here?

Does it have to be a certain distance away from me? Does it has to be a certain altitude, does it have any precuations?

Thanks a lot, I really hope I can get this solved.

Ps, I don't have a blackbox on my paris Sirius air.
Also, baurated of the radio's are set to 9600. Not sure if that has to do with any problems related uploading waypoints..

Remy
Without a ground station or OSD that displays the reason for not being able to arm, it's unlikely anyone else can solve the arming issue.

Without a blackbox log, it's unlikely anyone else can solve the "not executing WPs" issue.

Reasons for not Arming include:
  • RX not recognised
  • CLI mode
  • Inadequate GPS fix (when nav modes configured)
  • Vehicle not level
  • Throttle above minimum
  • Navigation mode already engaged
  • Sensors calibrating
  • System overloaded
  • Compass not calibrated
  • Accelerometer not calibrated
  • Failsafe or kill-switch selected by switch
  • Other Hardware failure
  • Arm switch engaged before power-on
  • OSD or CMS menu active

Reasons for not engaging WP mode after arming
  • No mission loaded
  • 1st WP exceeds safe distance (100m by default)

The baud rate is unlikely to be significant; I run my 3DR and HC-12 radios at 9600.
Last edited by stronnag; Apr 17, 2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: updated no-arming list
Apr 17, 2018, 11:07 AM
Again much thanks for your time. I have a Paris Sirius air OSD here so perhaps that can help me further then!

Can you please confirm the safe distance; I have to have the first waypoint within 100meter range? Perhaps that is one of my problems to!

Remy

Quote:
Without a ground station or OSD that displays the reason for not being able to arm, it's unlikely anyone else can solve the arming issue.

Without a blackbox log, it's unlikely anyone else can solve the "not executing WPs" issue.

Reasons for not Arming include:
  • RX not recognised
  • CLI mode
  • Inadequate GPS fix (when nav modes configured)
  • Vehicle not level
  • Throttle above minimum
  • Navigation mode already engaged

Reasons for not engaging WP mode after arming
  • No mission loaded
  • 1st WP exceeds safe distance (100m by default)

The baud rate is unlikely to be significant; I run my 3DR and HC-12 radios at 9600.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:14 AM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747

At the moment the theory is that a transient glitch on some SBUS RX can cause the firmware to see a disarm switch setting, it's not dependent on a particular FC.

It's being discussed in https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/issues/2981 and in the developer slack channel. A couple of approaches have been postulated; I don't know at this stage if a fix will be available by 1.9.1.

You can follow progress / encourage a rapid fix /volunteer to beta-test in the github issue.

Quick Reply