Cleanflight iNav (navigation-rewrite) project - Page 1192 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 12, 2018, 04:51 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500
I have an open pilot revolution board and platinum GPS. is there any way to turn off the Magnetometer on the board so I can use the one on the platinum GPS. I Think they both use the same Magnetometer. If I can't use the platinum GPS what would be your suggestion for the gps to use with this board. Thanks
I have an SP Racing F3 Deluxe clone that came with a mag chip. No way to disable it, so hit it with some hot air from my SMD Rework Station and popped the little sucker off with tooth pick.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 06:03 PM
Hey all.

First time using Inav, have come from cleanflight and betaflight. But this is the first time i am implementing a FC on a flying wing.

Just a few questions, and I have tried a search and im pretty sure i have most information, although some is still missing.

1. FC is a betaflight F4 board, This has no baro, which ill get to in another question, but this also doesn't have a firmware listed in Inav configurator. I have found a hex file in the github which looks like its the latest that seems to work, just wondering whats the best way to find the latest file for my particular board.
2. No baro on fixed wing doesn't seem to be a problem. I have read it uses GPS heading, accelerometer sensors and speed to determine height. Is this true
3. without a baro, how can i get that GPS height on the OSD?, as the OSD just shows 0 with current altitude setting.
4. I will be using a taranis x9dplus and probably a d4rii receiver for now. What reccomendation is there for longest range using my taranis. I was thinking of L9r long range receiver, but i am not sure if there is a better setup, maybe the tbs crossfire using the clip in module for the back of the taranis.
5. what restrictions will i have with return to home functionality with no barometer?

Thanks in advance.
Feb 12, 2018, 06:08 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
If you don't have a barometer, GPS also provides altitude information, which seems to work fine (it just may not be as accurate as a barometer).
Feb 12, 2018, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rups63
If you don't have a barometer, GPS also provides altitude information, which seems to work fine (it just may not be as accurate as a barometer).
But how can i get that on the OSD?
Feb 12, 2018, 11:24 PM
Hi!

Has been a couple of months since installing Inav firmware on my Omnibus F4 V3 (clone). Cant remember the correct way to do it. Got a couple of them in the mail the other day and the version I am trying to get working is INAV/OMNIBUSF4V3 1.8.0. I know it works since I have a couple of them flashed with this exact version since before. It the flasher settings that I can't remember. And am I supposed to hold the boot button while connecting? And how is Windows (Win 10) supposed to behave then? All boards both old and new show up in device manager as unknow devices when holding boot button pressed when connected.

Kind of frustated since I had this worked out a while ago.

/Dave
Last edited by daspunner; Feb 12, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Feb 13, 2018, 12:38 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie_666
First time using Inav, have come from cleanflight and betaflight. But this is the first time i am implementing a FC on a flying wing.

Just a few questions,
2 : No baro no mag is fine on a flying wing

3 : In the OSD that's the height above the home point, not sea level, that's why it shows zero

4 : D4R will go up to 2km, the L9R will do 5km with stock antenna on the radio, even more with a patch. The Crossfire and R9 systems will go well beyond your video range. The L9R is an excellent receiver, but does not have telemetry. Not really a problem since you get the infos in the OSD.

5: No restriction, baro is not needed, you get all navigation features
Feb 13, 2018, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C
2 : No baro no mag is fine on a flying wing

3 : In the OSD that's the height above the home point, not sea level, that's why it shows zero

4 : D4R will go up to 2km, the L9R will do 5km with stock antenna on the radio, even more with a patch. The Crossfire and R9 systems will go well beyond your video range. The L9R is an excellent receiver, but does not have telemetry. Not really a problem since you get the infos in the OSD.

5: No restriction, baro is not needed, you get all navigation features
Got D4r up to 3km, sadly it restarted itself, was like a brownout power restart, 800m upon returning. No FS.
I hope inav will support FPort soon like BF for 1 cable sbus+telem.
Feb 13, 2018, 01:09 AM
Great so now I think I bricked one. Is there a procedure to unbrick these?
Feb 13, 2018, 01:25 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
You cannot brick the STM32 chips, maybe it's simply fried ?
Flashing procedure : You hold the button, plug the USB, release the button, flash
Feb 13, 2018, 02:53 AM
Got it working. It was the drivers that was the problem.
Feb 13, 2018, 03:06 AM

Arming

I am using an F405 STD FC with the Matek Hub - W and have a Futaba RX and Tx. I have managed to get all the servos, bluetooth working but the FC will not arm. I have spent hours reading all the the info on the wiki and been given a load of tests on all the helpful forums and pages, but I am now at a standstill as the thing will not arm. It is on the 2 way switch SF and all the preflight checks are green and I have an 11 sat 3d fix.
Can someone help?
Feb 13, 2018, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artusmuc
Thank you for your kind help - YES - landing is now possible without flipping and crashing

The next step will be to bring ALT-HOLD under control - after switching it flips and crash. Maybee i will find out whats there the reason is.
ALT-HOLD is now working - i have only to do anything against the "climbing baro" ...
Feb 13, 2018, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
If you wrap your cli dump in [CODE] tags then it presents a little nicer on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronnag
And diff is more useful (imho) as it only shows non-default settings, and a blackbox log is almost essential for looking at this kind of problem.
Sorry next time will be better

Now I am trying to isolate the board with silentblocks and I will try to record a blackbox. I have never done it so we will see what goes out.
I think it's just putting an SD card and activating a switch to start recording

I just tried the blackbox at home and it works. One question my sd is 4gb what percentage do I use to record the flight? it will be about 7 minutes what the battery lasts and it is random when the error occurs
Last edited by fmartinez; Feb 13, 2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: more comments
Feb 13, 2018, 03:00 PM
Brett
Is the wiki up to date in regards to "Heading Hold" on a flying wing without rudder
that it cant stay pointing in one direction ?
Feb 13, 2018, 03:05 PM

Arming issue inav 1.8.0 multirotor

Hello guys,
I have hexacopter with SP F3 Racing Deluxe with spektrum satellite (DSMX SPM9645), ESCs BLHeli 30A opto and TX Devo 12s with deviation fw.
Few days ago I upgraded inav fw from 1.7.3 to 1.8.0 and now Im not able to arm the copter.
Even I disabled the nav_extra_arming_safety, it doesnt work. Also I found some old thread somewhere, that naze wont arm when the CPU load it over 50%, so the advice was to set lower ESC refresh rate.
But this is not my case, cause my CPU load is about 4-5%.

I attached the dump file from naze.

Guys, please help me to fix this problem. When I had the inav 1.7.3 it was OK, so I dont know, if I missed something in the settings.

Thank you in advance.

BR Jakub

EDIT: I forgot to mention, when I try to arm, the buzzer is beeping with short tones continuously.
Last edited by djsmeegy; Feb 14, 2018 at 12:25 AM. Reason: EDIT

Quick Reply