Cleanflight iNav (navigation-rewrite) project - Page 101 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 02, 2015, 09:27 AM
Build, fly, crash, repeat :-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev
What about designing it as a shield for an arduino pro mini?
I'll think about it, thanks for the idea.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalEntity
I'm planning to design a companion board for our FCs to handle sonar, gps, external mag, external baro, optical flow (ADNS3080) sensor, infrared distance sensor. This board would collect all the data, pre-process them if necessary and feed them to the FC via simple I2C connection. What do you think?
Sounds -very- interesting! Freeing up ports on the FC would be wonderful. As you mentioned, while the I2C bus isn't the fastest, from what I've read, it is fast enough for these types of sensors. I'm sure that'd help keep the cost down too.
Dec 02, 2015, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOCFII
Sounds -very- interesting! Freeing up ports on the FC would be wonderful. As you mentioned, while the I2C bus isn't the fastest, from what I've read, it is fast enough for these types of sensors. I'm sure that'd help keep the cost down too.
It just came to me that a 5$ i2c-nav board for multiwii like this
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CRIUS...238698526.html will do the job if fitted with proper firmware. It has pads for sonar, uart for GPS, SPI header for opflow and i2c to talk with the FC. Have one around, should give it a try
Dec 02, 2015, 10:04 AM
Wow great find, on ebay i can get it for even less (1.4eur)
Dec 02, 2015, 10:10 AM
Quote:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CRIUS...238698526.html will do the job if fitted with proper firmware. It has pads for sonar, uart for GPS, SPI header for opflow and i2c to talk with the FC. Have one around, should give it a try
It's always nice when there's an off-the-shelf solution! The only thing it's missing is the I2C "splitter" circuit, but I suppose the I2C wires could just be spliced together if needed.
Dec 02, 2015, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Bug with GPS heading lock finally found and squashed! See commit 738c3bdd6220a4f7cb4d6b49836015dee534992b. It should now be safe to fly this code on an airplain without a magnetometer.
Awesome, hopefully I'll get to try this next weekend. Meanwhile I'm been thinking hitl feature for AeroSim. I used it with other project to test and debug navigation code and seems like MSP has all the stuff needed to make it work. Just need to write plugin that talks with FC via serial and relays data to AeroSim.
Dec 02, 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote:
I have 1 of these from my old multiwii FC i've also got a a few sonars, gps modules (Ublox NEO-6M and NEO-M8N) and a few different flight controllers (CC3D, Flip32+ and SPRacingF3) can help with testing.

I dont know if the code on it is any use to you but this is what I installed on it to get the gps working

https://code.google.com/p/i2c-gps-nav/downloads/list
Last edited by ShadowMaster; Dec 02, 2015 at 10:56 AM.
Dec 02, 2015, 11:15 AM
ND9X
Quote:

I can't imagine going cheaper than this:
CC3D - 15$
NEO7 GPS with compass - 14$
Baro breakout board - 2$

Or this:
Flip32+ full - 22$
NEO7 GPS - 12$

Roughly 30$ shipped! Show me another FC that would fly as good as Cleanflight (with betaflight's filtering) and have a RTH functionality with climb+go home+land sequence. I don't know any. And you?
I'm shopping for a GPS to go with a Naze32 (Full Mullet)build. Most of the Neo6 and Neo7 I find on EBay are labeled to work with PixHawk, and a few are marked APM. Will these work with a "full" Naze32, and if so, is there a set of online instructions that provide a how-to for any necessary rewiring?

And where might one find a Neo7 for $12?

TIA, Mike
Dec 02, 2015, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHinds
I'm shopping for a GPS to go with a Naze32 (Full Mullet)build. Most of the Neo6 and Neo7 I find on EBay are labeled to work with PixHawk, and a few are marked APM. Will these work with a "full" Naze32, and if so, is there a set of online instructions that provide a how-to for any necessary rewiring?

And where might one find a Neo7 for $12?

TIA, Mike
My NEO-M8N GPS was from a pixhawk I just unsoldered the wiring and soldered on wires I had laying around to plug into my flip32+ works great. Neo7 wiring is the same.

Cheapest Neo7 I could find was for 15,80 dollars here

I followed these instructions for setting the gps manually using u-center so it could work with cleanflight.

(6/9) Seriously Pro F3 (SP3) Series - Adding GPS (26 min 32 sec)

Then for wiring to a naze32 or flip32 this video but skipping the setting up part since its already done
(6/8) Naze32 Flight Controller - Adding GPS (NE-06, NEO-06 module) (22 min 19 sec)
Last edited by ShadowMaster; Dec 02, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
Dec 02, 2015, 11:30 AM
One GPS Source HERE.

Didn't know why I needed it, but I'm glad I kept it
Dec 02, 2015, 11:40 AM
ND9X
Awesome - thank you, sir!
Dec 02, 2015, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambas1983
Awesome, hopefully I'll get to try this next weekend. Meanwhile I'm been thinking hitl feature for AeroSim. I used it with other project to test and debug navigation code and seems like MSP has all the stuff needed to make it work. Just need to write plugin that talks with FC via serial and relays data to AeroSim.
Sambas perhaps this would be of interest to you > https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/pull/1496
Dec 02, 2015, 12:18 PM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Wow, go away for 18 hours ...
  • MSP_NAV_STATUS and LTM 'N' frame implemented
  • GPS mag hold addressed
  • moving on to hardware ...

mwp updated for NAV_STATUS and ltm N frame (untested); minor inconsistencies with MW noted, catered for and of absolutely no concern.

However, for compatibility (and to help ground station logic), can inav please report the waypoint number as 0 (rather than 1) when no mission is active ?

Thanks. Hope I can fly it at the weekend.
Last edited by stronnag; Dec 02, 2015 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added waypoint number reporting comment
Dec 02, 2015, 01:45 PM
Here is a cheap ublox neo7 gps
http://www.banggood.com/1-5Hz-VK2828...-p-965540.html
Dec 02, 2015, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronnag
Wow, go away for 18 hours ...
  • MSP_NAV_STATUS and LTM 'N' frame implemented
  • GPS mag hold addressed
  • moving on to hardware ...

mwp updated for NAV_STATUS and ltm N frame (untested); minor inconsistencies with MW noted, catered for and of absolutely no concern.

However, for compatibility (and to help ground station logic), can inav please report the waypoint number as 0 (rather than 1) when no mission is active ?

Thanks. Hope I can fly it at the weekend.
What are those inconsistencies with mw? It might be wise to fix them on fc side for compatibility.

Will fix the waypoint number issue today.

Quick Reply