Cleanflight iNav (navigation-rewrite) project - Page 1001 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 29, 2017, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzikuVx
There is a SRF10 but no idea how good this is. But to be honest all ultrasonic rangefinders will suffer from all that noise from props. So laser or other optical solutions... but if you are looking for anything below let's say $50, there is a problem... DigitalEntity wrote a driver for VL53L0X but that is useful for 1-2 meters too and far from perfect. I will work on some hybrid solution with US-100 and IR rangefinders for Sharp, but that will be DIY solution too
ok, thanks, I'll return to this soon after I am ready with my project
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2017, 04:00 PM

No stabilisation?

Using an Omnibus F3 and seem to have most everything running. All green checks, motors run OK by motor control tab and radio, 3D view tilting correctly, but when I arm and try to take off, there is no stabilization, and the quad flips over. In "ALTHOLD" (or navposhold or whatever its called), the motors spool up, when I lower the quad and slow down when I lift it. But no reaction / correction to roll and pitch...

I've tried Angle, Horizon, and althold modes. All the same.

What did I miss???
Jul 29, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o
Using an Omnibus F3 and seem to have most everything running. All green checks, motors run OK by motor control tab and radio, 3D view tilting correctly, but when I arm and try to take off, there is no stabilization, and the quad flips over. In "ALTHOLD" (or navposhold or whatever its called), the motors spool up, when I lower the quad and slow down when I lift it. But no reaction / correction to roll and pitch...

I've tried Angle, Horizon, and althold modes. All the same.

What did I miss???
Looking in the Motors tab in configurator:
Do the motors react correctly to your pitch, roll and yaw commands from your Tx?
Do the motors react correctly when you tilt the quad in roll or pitch direction?

Are all the motors / propellers turning in the correct directions?
Jul 29, 2017, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf W.
Looking in the Motors tab in configurator:
Do the motors react correctly to your pitch, roll and yaw commands from your Tx?
Do the motors react correctly when you tilt the quad in roll or pitch direction?

Are all the motors / propellers turning in the correct directions?
Ralf,

thanks for the rapid reply.

No, the motors do NOT react to pitch, roll, or yaw inputs from the Tx. Only throttle. Also, they don't react to tilting the Quad.

The motors are configured correct in position and rotation. Double checked.

Maybe my problem is that I have not yet mounted GPS or Magnetometer? There is no yaw movement visible in the 3D Quad figure...
Jul 29, 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Ralf,

thanks for the rapid reply.

No, the motors do NOT react to pitch, roll, or yaw inputs from the Tx. Only throttle. Also, they don't react to tilting the Quad.

Maybe my problem is that I have not yet mounted GPS or Magnetometer? There is no yaw movement visible in the 3D Quad figure...
Is everything reacting as it should on the receiver tab? The sliders respond to your yaw, pitch, and roll sticks? What TX and RX are you using? Are you using one of the presets? If so, which one?
Jul 29, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Your problem has nothing to do with (missing) GPS and/or MAG. ACRO, ANGLE and HORIZON modes can be used without GPS or MAG.

In RECEIVER tab of configurator:
Do you see the signals change correctly when you move your corresponding Tx sticks?
Jul 29, 2017, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic
Is everything reacting as it should on the receiver tab? The sliders respond to your yaw, pitch, and roll sticks? What TX and RX are you using? Are you using one of the presets? If so, which one?
Yes, sliders reacts correctly. Futaba radio with 433MHz LRS Tx and Rx modules. Using the small quad presets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf W.
Your problem has nothing to do with (missing) GPS and/or MAG. ACRO, ANGLE and HORIZON modes can be used without GPS or MAG.

In RECEIVER tab of configurator:
Do you see the signals change correctly when you move your corresponding Tx sticks?
Thanks. Yes correct movements. Throttle, mode, and arm inputs work OK.
Jul 29, 2017, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Yes, sliders reacts correctly. Futaba radio with 433MHz LRS Tx and Rx modules. Using the small quad presets.

Thanks. Yes correct movements. Throttle, mode, and arm inputs work OK.

Is that RX SBUS or PPM? Do you have the correct receiver type selected on the configuration tab? If it's SBUS, do you have serial RX selected on UART3 on the ports tab?

So, you're using the 5" GPS preset? Or the 5" Racer preset? Which?

I used to get similar behavior in versions before 1.7.0 when trying to use the 5" GPS preset. The quad graphic on the configurator would not respond to yaw movements, and would otherwise behave sluggishly and erratically. So, I would use the 5" Racer preset, and then turn off Async and PID loop to 1K so that my CPU usage wasn't too high with GPS enabled. The 5" GPS preset works great since 1.7 though.

What's your CPU usage showing at the bottom of the configurator?
Jul 29, 2017, 07:11 PM
Can you give us the brand and model number of the receiver you're using? What's the transmitter module? I'm not that familiar with LRS.
Jul 29, 2017, 08:11 PM
Couple more things to check...

On early versions of the Omnibus, two of the motor inputs were reversed.

You should probably take your props off first so you don't lose a finger. Take note of how they're installed on each motor to be sure they're correct, and be sure to put them back on correctly afterwards.

Go to the motors tab and verify that the correct motor spins up for each of the four individual sliders. There's a graph at the top that identifies the motors and shows which way they should spin. Double check that motors 1 and 4 are spinning clockwise, and that the high edge of the props on them face into the direction of the spin. Motors 2 and 3 should spin counter-clockwise, and the high edge of the props should face into the counter-clockwise spin.

Go to the sensors tab. At the top you should see the gryo graph. While the quad is stationary on the bench, all three traces should be flat line at zero, though you'll probably see a little jitter on their numerical values at the right. Move the quad around. Pitch it all the way forward, and backward. The graph should respond. The yellow line (Y axis) should peak and dip and the numerical value should change. Roll the quad left and right. The blue line (X axis) should change accordingly. Yaw the quad left and right. The red line (Z axis) should change.

If your gyro traces remain flat line throughout, or are spazzing all over the place and not responding to movement of the quad, then you might have a bad gyro chip.
Jul 29, 2017, 09:01 PM
Hello to everyone!
I have a problem with the GPS of my new first assembled quad. I hope someone can help me. The GPS I'm using is the banggood ublox neo-m8n with the Fc omnibus f4 pro.
In poshold the quad move around but not, like I have read, in circles...
Also RTH mode are not working at all. When activated the copter suddenly drift away, usually to the right.
Poshold and rth are not working properly. Althold is working not perfectly but fine.
Thanks for the help
Jul 29, 2017, 11:10 PM
Hi guys. I don't know English enough for searching the whole thread for interested information so I'll ask directly: with 1.7.2 can I use airspeed sensor for seeing airspeed on osd screen? I don't mean any navigation purposes based on airspeed. Just to have airspeed "gauge". For fixed wing of course.
Jul 30, 2017, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embosser
Hi guys. I don't know English enough for searching the whole thread for interested information so I'll ask directly: with 1.7.2 can I use airspeed sensor for seeing airspeed on osd screen? I don't mean any navigation purposes based on airspeed. Just to have airspeed "gauge". For fixed wing of course.
No, not yet. It's only logged into Blackbox now. This will change of course in future releases
Jul 30, 2017, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo Pucci
Hello to everyone!
I have a problem with the GPS of my new first assembled quad. I hope someone can help me. The GPS I'm using is the banggood ublox neo-m8n with the Fc omnibus f4 pro.
In poshold the quad move around but not, like I have read, in circles...
Also RTH mode are not working at all. When activated the copter suddenly drift away, usually to the right.
Poshold and rth are not working properly. Althold is working not perfectly but fine.
Thanks for the help
To be able to help we need much more information. I don't know this FC. If it has an onboard magnetometer this has to be deactivated. The alignment of the external mag has to be set correctly in the configurator because - normally - it is mounted upside down and rotated. CW270Flip is a good start. Did you check https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/w...-Compass-setup step by step?
Jul 30, 2017, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzikuVx
For those who miss sonar (it's hard to miss something that never worked) support in INAV, things are happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqpAKiopB4
Good stuff !
Idea - mount sonar on a gymbal so it always measures vertical height, even while maneuvering hard.

Quick Reply