This thread is privately moderated by DigitalEntity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2017, 04:02 PM

EZ-GUI log file translation

Hi all,
I've had a strange flyaway with my quadcopter iNav 1.6.1 (for the first time), luckily the altitude was very low and so it crashed to the fence with few damages (one prop broken).
In this session luckily I had the EZ-GUI connected and set it with auto log enabled, so I think I have the log to investigate about what happened (I had a full BB memory on SPRacingF3 so no INav BB log).
I've copied the EZ-GUI log file "Flight_2017_03_27_15_26_45.el2" from the tablet to my P.C. but how can I decript/import in some way the .el2 file in order to investigate about the cause of the issue?

Thanks
Carlo
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2017, 04:21 PM
hype refusenik
When clouds are too high... just stick to the ground
Some unorthodox fun with iNav:

2017 03 26 Windräder Wing (6 min 13 sec)

BTW, you can either dance to the beat or mute it, as you like
Mar 27, 2017, 04:59 PM
sweet dreams & flying machines
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlonb
Hi all,
I've had a strange flyaway with my quadcopter iNav 1.6.1 (for the first time), luckily the altitude was very low and so it crashed to the fence with few damages (one prop broken).
In this session luckily I had the EZ-GUI connected and set it with auto log enabled, so I think I have the log to investigate about what happened (I had a full BB memory on SPRacingF3 so no INav BB log).
I've copied the EZ-GUI log file "Flight_2017_03_27_15_26_45.el2" from the tablet to my P.C. but how can I decript/import in some way the .el2 file in order to investigate about the cause of the issue?

Thanks
Carlo
You can't. Such formats are not very helpful in such investigations. Even Bart's paid-for log reading tool will not provide a useful format for debugging such issues.
Mar 27, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronnag
You can't. Such formats are not very helpful in such investigations. Even Bart's paid-for log reading tool will not provide a useful format for debugging such issues.
Thanks stronnag,
I imagined this, but I think maybe you can figure out if you have a GPS problem.
Mar 27, 2017, 07:51 PM
Old age ain't for sissies.

Failsafe experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl334
Had bad FailSafe experience yesterday.
Will update this post later today.

DE: I will do a new post, can't get to do it today.
Fell out of the sky.
Here is what I had done:

1.) Rechecked TX bind failsafe: low throttle & neutral sticks.

2.) Blackbox to determine approximate hover throttle.

3.) Failsafe test procedure with no props; armed walked 20' away holding quad
in my hand with some throttle and testing turning off TX and Failsafe on TX switch.
All worked to the best of my understanding.

4.) Hovered over cardboard and blanket a few feet from takeoff at approximate 8' - 10' elevation.
Turned off TX within approx. 3 seconds props shut off fell to ground missing soft landing; broke FC.

Items 1 & 2 had been done sometime prior to test.
I had made the following change in Failsafe Config. just prior to test:
Stage 2 Failsafe; Land, Delay changed to 100.
Obliviously no BB or ability to dump. However I think I can recreate settings as I have an older dump that I will post tomorrow.
Maybe there is something about Failsafe I don't understand, but I spent a lot of time trying to get it right, you do that when in the past you've had a fly-a-way. Previously I had tried Failsafe with Failsafe Kill Switch on a TX switch. That didn't work either almost lost FC then; twice. I would really like to see this work.
Mar 27, 2017, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf W.
Maybe your "nav_mc_bank_angle" is set too low to gain more speed? My tricopter is allowed to tilt 35 in nav modes and travels with 600 m/s between waypoints.

Edit:
Uuups,
600cm/s is correct.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out. Cheers
Mar 27, 2017, 08:55 PM
Build, fly, crash, repeat :-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl334
Fell out of the sky.
Here is what I had done:

1.) Rechecked TX bind failsafe: low throttle & neutral sticks.

2.) Blackbox to determine approximate hover throttle.

3.) Failsafe test procedure with no props; armed walked 20' away holding quad
in my hand with some throttle and testing turning off TX and Failsafe on TX switch.
All worked to the best of my understanding.

4.) Hovered over cardboard and blanket a few feet from takeoff at approximate 8' - 10' elevation.
Turned off TX within approx. 3 seconds props shut off fell to ground missing soft landing; broke FC.

Items 1 & 2 had been done sometime prior to test.
I had made the following change in Failsafe Config. just prior to test:
Stage 2 Failsafe; Land, Delay changed to 100.
Obliviously no BB or ability to dump. However I think I can recreate settings as I have an older dump that I will post tomorrow.
Maybe there is something about Failsafe I don't understand, but I spent a lot of time trying to get it right, you do that when in the past you've had a fly-a-way. Previously I had tried Failsafe with Failsafe Kill Switch on a TX switch. That didn't work either almost lost FC then; twice. I would really like to see this work.
Impossible to debug without exact settings you were flying. Could be caused by multiple things:
1) Failsafe throttle left on default 1000. This effectively means - go idle throttle and fall out of the sky.
2) If you activate failsafe via FAILSAFE mode AND you have failsafe_kill_switch = ON - this will bypass the failsafe and disarm the machine
3) Maybe some other issue
Mar 27, 2017, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
Hi folks, sorry for the bother but I have searched this a quite a bit and cant find an answer. My quad flies just fine with iNav, RTH, NavHold, WayPoints all work as expected except for 1 thing: The speed

When I fly in acro mode I tend to sit on 50 to 60 Km/hr however whenever I switch to any GPS flight mode (other than NavHold) it will only fly at 10 km/hr or 280 cm/sec. I have set nav_max_speed to = 600 and in EZGUI I set the speed for each waypoint to be 600 but it still plods along at 280.

This is to slow, any failsafe RTH event from any kind of distance will see the battery go flat before it gets home at that speed. 1.5k at 10 km/hr = 9 minutes. My current safe flight time is 15 minutes with 20% left in the battery.

How do I set the default base speed to be around 500 to 600?

Thanks in advance
Try setting nav_max_speed = 1000. I have my OSD set to use Imperial units, so with the default nav_max_speed of 300, my quad would RTH at about 6 mph. After bumping it up to 500, it RTH at 10 mph. 1000 should be roughly 20 mph, but I haven't actually tried it yet.
Mar 27, 2017, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic
Try setting nav_max_speed = 1000. I have my OSD set to use Imperial units, so with the default nav_max_speed of 300, my quad would RTH at about 6 mph. After bumping it up to 500, it RTH at 10 mph. 1000 should be roughly 20 mph, but I haven't actually tried it yet.
Ok, I'll try that if the max angle change doesn't work. I might just bump it up to 800 in the interim though.

Cheers
Mar 28, 2017, 01:08 AM

iNav target for RTFQ Flip 32 Pro with OSD?

Which iNav target should I use for the RTFQ Flip32 F3 Pro with OSD? I don't see it listed. They created one for me in Betaflight 3.0.1, but I want a more steady flight in Horizon mode and possibly add GPS. Thought I would try iNav.
Mar 28, 2017, 02:32 AM
Ok, I solved my speed problems, turns out I forgot to type "save" when I last changed the setting from 300 to 600. Move along, nothing to see here... :-/
Mar 28, 2017, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronek
When clouds are too high... just stick to the ground
Some unorthodox fun with iNav:

https://youtu.be/6uzaS7ofWNA

BTW, you can either dance to the beat or mute it, as you like
I did some very low altitude testing over the weekend, similar flying to what you were doing but line-of-sight. I was amazed how iNav held my wing waist-high over the weeds for 100 yards with hands off the sticks! Just settle it in nice and low, and let go! It would fly perfect all the way across the field until I had to pull up to get over the fence at the far end.
Mar 28, 2017, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalonsus
Seems Galileo dont like GLONASS or QZSS, just enabled GPS+SBAS+GALILEO and now i get GALILEO sats...
yes. something i found out yesterday as well. don't know which combinations work, but once i had only GALILEO enabled, it did work, and i received some sat. maybe that's why it's DISABLED by default.
the result was very poor though.
i had it outside, connected for 2h at least, and i didn't see more than 5 sats, and only ONE of them sent information, all the others were dead. same goes for the picture you sent. all the E-sats (galileo) are NOT HEALTHY.
so i guess it's the best idea to no enable it by now (at least)? glonass give much more satellites than galileo, so i think it's the better choice.
Mar 28, 2017, 07:35 AM
Build, fly, crash, repeat :-D

Hacking CONNEX FALCORE drone

You have probably heard about that state of the art FALCORE beginner racing drone by CONNEX featuring sonar-assisted altitude hold and one stick flying with what they call Shield mode. I happen to have one and it's amazing for beginners...

But this post is not about what it can do out of the box, but about pushing it beyond that with INAV. Took me a while to get INAV working on that machine, but in the end I got it working quite good. It's going to be one of my primary INAV-equipped machines :-)

I hope you enjoy the short demo video:
FALCORE Beyond Racing teaser (1 min 34 sec)
Mar 28, 2017, 07:41 AM
Old age ain't for sissies.
Re: Report 12697
Here are my failsafe settings:
set failsafe_delay = 5
set failsafe_recovery_delay = 5
set failsafe_off_delay = 200
set failsafe_kill_switch = OFF
set failsafe_throttle = 1570
set failsafe_throttle_low_delay = 100
set failsafe_procedure = SET-THR
set failsafe_stick_threshold = 50
set failsafe_fw_roll_angle = -200
set failsafe_fw_pitch_angle = 100
set failsafe_fw_yaw_rate = -45

Failsafe Kill Switch was a previous setting in the past.

Quick Reply