This thread is privately moderated by jpurcha, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 05, 2015, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Cool

MAAC Wings

Well after a summer of trials and tribulations my son Brent passed his MAAC Wings test on Thursday Evening.

July 10th
I have to admit Joe Bridi designed some tough planes. I'm repairing my 4 Seasons 40 after an "incident" on Tuesday evening. It spiraled straight in down field. My 10 year old son was practising "touch and goes" (he was awesome), then it got to far out on one lap. John and I will check the full range of the tactic receiver before flying this plane again. We did the walk of shame to the crash point (400- 600 meters) and we quite surprised to see the plane in one piece. It looked like just end of rear of the fuselage broke after the wing. A crack on the left fuselage side; crack just before and behind the wing section. The wing was still bolted to the plane, engine looked fine. Stab and fin were together on the tail section. One bad servo for the elevator. Presently fixing for next weeks training.

July 16th - Back in the air.

August 4th-

I don't mind losing a plane in flight (Ok I do mind), but arriving at the field to find the tailgate had opened on your pickup and the fuselage is not in the back.

Drove 15 Km did not find anything on the highway or ditches. More likely the tailgate opened up at the bottom of my driveway, as I found the extra bottle of glow fuel across the street on the corner of the neighbours driveway. Where did the fuselage go? Luckily I live in a small town. I'll have to post something at the grocery store and two gas stations.

It was picked up by a car which was following us. The driver entered the local bar and asked if anyone lost a plane. Two neighbours (brother-in-laws) said they didn't but would help locate the owner. One of our friends down my street saw their ad for my lost plane in the local lost and found and gave my daughter their phone number and address. When we picked up the plane, one of the two individuals was into model helicopters. No one would take anything for a reward. Nice to meet honest people.

There appears to be no damage to the plane other than a dented left stab.

Sept 1, 2015

The plane is a Bridi 4 Seasons 40, I built a few years back. I repaired it after a mishap in July. Two weeks after that, dissappeared from the truck bed on the way to the model field. Got it back the next day with little damage.

Here he is getting is Wings from John Bonnet, the WRCC Instructor.

Jim
Last edited by jpurcha; Sep 07, 2015 at 05:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2015, 06:58 PM
Waste Nothing
Congrats to Brent ! A welcomed competent flier . I never received my wings until the tender age of 17 . A few decades ago .
Latest blog entry: Fellas Fellas Fellas !
Sep 07, 2015, 06:38 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Rick, I received mine years back initially 17 with a Sig Kadet Mark 2.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC_RCAV8R
Congrats to Brent ! A welcomed competent flier . I never received my wings until the tender age of 17 . A few decades ago .
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
May 24, 2017, 06:14 PM
Play that funky music right
You are not the only one to have a tailgate come open and lose a fuselage. It happened to me. A pulse 40XT with a new to me and almost new YS 63 on the nose. Never even ran the engine. I was on my way to put on the first flight. I posted on social media, craigs list and finally a free lost and found add in our local newspaper. That got results. A wide spot in the road town 5 miles from me and the first stop sign. Some person found it and called me. Wouldn't take anything for finding it. NO damage what so ever. Boy was I happy!!!

It's nice to know there are still a few honest people in the world!

Ken
May 21, 2022, 07:44 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Congrats to Brent

-Adam Maas
MAAC 91845 CD CM (former ZD-L)
Oct 23, 2022, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Adam, his interest is more in dirt bikes now, but I have a Habu STS Brent would like to get his hands on.
Last edited by jpurcha; Nov 28, 2023 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply