May 23, 2016, 01:03 AM
Yes, I'll join the ranks of kudos for the videos...haven't gotten time to sit through second...
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2016, 09:17 PM
Thread OP
David, SoLite and Microlite are the same material under different labels. The only advice I can offer is to sprinkle a little powder on the back side to prevent it from sticking to itself now that the warmer summer temps are upon us. Otherwise, just take your time and enjoy the process.

PAT
May 24, 2016, 09:09 AM
FYI to those that are new to covering:

Solite/Microlite is by far the lightest covering material available. If you can get past the handling issues Pat mentions, it's the best covering option for his designs.

I have used Hangar 9 Parklite as well, but it's nearly twice the weight and doesn't have the elasticity of Microlite making compound curves much harder to cover. Also avoid using a heat gun for shrinking as it can easily warp light structures. A covering iron should be used as you can carefully control and direct the heat. On the upside, Parklite comes in a wider array of colors and is easier to find at the LHS (it's usually stocked by most Horizon Hobby dealers).

Regardless of the covering used, take your time and work in a well lit area. If you start getting tired or frustrated, put the model aside and come back at a later time when you are refreshed.

There will be a covering video for the TC coming later this summer.
Last edited by philipa_240sx; May 24, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
Jun 05, 2016, 11:03 AM
Bowed outlines for the wingtips and tail feathers.

Tritle 60" Taylorcraft - Pt.3 Bowed Outlines (19 min 13 sec)
Last edited by philipa_240sx; Jun 06, 2016 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply