Sep 04, 2015, 04:22 AM
Enigma
Mini-Review

JJRC H5P Featured Better, Compared to X5C - Quick Review

JJRC H5P seems to be an interesting Quadcopter with advantageous features when compared to the best of the best, the syma X5C-1. Highlight of the Features, 1100mAh Lipo battery with the long lasting flight time up to 12-14 minutes along with the headless mode, return to home and the 2. Megapixel camera ( i will talk more about the camera in the rest of the post)

http://www.tmart.com/JJRC-H5P-2.4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-One-Button-Return-RTF-RC-Quadcopter-with-2.0MP-HD-Camera-Mode-2-Black_p333324.html

This is how the JJRC H5P Looks , the First Impression

Unboxing, The Package Contents

Though more inclined towards green color , got the black white, blue combination. The H5P arrived in the retail box and was well assembled in the molded white plastic case.what you see out of the box is the JJRC H5P with equipped props and battery inside the compartment, two spare propellers, 4 prop guards, transmitter, 2 Landing gears and small individual Camera package, along with its accessories.

• 1 x JJRC H5P CF Mode RC Quadcopter (RTF)
  • 1 x Transmitter
  • 1 x 3.7V 1100mAh Lipo Battery
  • 1 x USB Cable For Charging
  • 2 x Landing Gears
  • 1 x Screw Driver
  • 2 x Propellers (spare)
  • 4 x Prop Guards
  • 1 x Camera (Box, with Accessories)

Design

The first thing that draws the attention of the JJRC H5P Quadcopter is its design, though it looks similar to the X5C, it has got its unique variations, the battery compartment at the top, along the removable cover, has a JJRC Branding and in fact its the placeholder for the 1100 mah battery. Unlike syma X5C/X5C-1, there are no lamp shades downside, alternatively h5P has got the LED mesh around the four sides of the quadcopter, definitely for a joyful night flight.

At the back the design is simple plain white, you will find a power switch (on/Off button) and a camera connector along with the sliders to hold the 2.0 MP camera and of-course 4 pairs of holes to plug the landing gears. Indeed in compared the landing skids with syma X5C, H5P landing skids are longer with no curvy design, probably an extra room, to equip the camera adapter plates.

Noticeably, the motors have full protection design and an extended guard at the bottom to protect the open gears (this is not an option for Wltoys V686G, which i feel is a must to protect the gears from dust and during crashes).The gear driven design of the propellers is similar and intact what we saw with X5C and its followers, but doesn't seem to hold good mass which makes it feel light but effective and sustained all my crashes to the trees and i had to admit the fact that X5Sc has a better build quality and finish over both (X5c and H5P).

2.0 MP Camera

Camera and its accessories are packaged in individual box. As advertised, i got a 2 megapixel variant camera (c3001-2), on the box it also shows a c3001-2 variat with 0.3 megapixel. Coming back to what exactly in the box, is the HD Camera, 3 Different Camera adapter plates a Crew Driver, 6 screws for adapters along with the USB memory card reader and 2GB memory card.

The camera operates with a push of a button on the transmitter, to capture a image, the vertical button on the throttle section needs to be pushed up and to take video, the same button needs to be pushed down.And these both actions of capturing has indications on the transmitter LCD, the video icon highlights when recording and the camera icon flashes when capturing a image. Haven't used the adapter plates, i will keep this thread updated, once get them fixed with the camera.

In addition, the camera has got an adjustable lens feature, has the ability to tilt the face of the lens downwards, straight and upwards, depending on the flying modes, the high rate modes usually tilts the quad down. Not a great color reproduction and stability from the camera, but the does its job for the price that is being offered, checkout the below camera samples

Transmitter

The transmitter comes with a traditional design with white body and black colored buttons. it requires 4 AA batteries to operate. As seen on most of the RTF Quadcopters, JJRC H5P TX comes with on/off switch placed in the middle of the throttle and aileron sticks. The bottom part has a digital LCD with a blue back-light which indicates the trim status, battery strength, High/Low modes and the camera recording status along with the channels and throttle speeds.

The binding works the same way as for it works for syma and few other, throttle up and down! The top left shoulder button enables both the headless mode and Return to Home and the right shoulder buttons is for flips.

A Big BET 1100 mAh Battery

Indeed this is a big bet , a definite joyful 14-minutes of flight time with the camera equipped but disconnected and with the camera in operational mode, the flight time is 11-12 minutes and flips in between under heavy windy conditions. As evident by the pictures, this is fairly a big 1100 mah battery, almost fits the size of the battery compartment at the top, see the comparison between the two (X5C-1 on left and H5P Battery on Right).

Flying Experience

X5C-1 is my first quadcopter, almost resembling same ,with respect to size and aero dynamics, JJRC H5P flies amazingly well. In air, its very responsive and highly stable. I flew this bird in heavy wind and in no wind found to be a good wind fighter ! the 100 meters flying distance is another good enhancement over x5c, which has 50 meters controlling distance, though not tested the maximum flying distance, but definitely a far flyer.

JJRC H5P can operate in dual rates, high and low with a slide of the horizontal button, just below the throttle stick. The headless mode and the return to home works as advertised, initially with no manual shipped along with the box(got a soft copy from tmart), it was bit tricky to get into the headless mode and understand the return to home functions. its always a question about the accuracy of return to home With No-GPS enabled quads and in fact the JJRC H5P does return well, but not accurate enough.

and the big bet is worth to mention again, yes definitely a 14+ minutes of flight time with 1100 mah battery will eliminate the use of multiple batteries, the single charge will take almost 90-120 minutes for a full cycle, sufficient enough for a casual flying. The yaw rate is definitely slow and will not be a liking factor for aggressive flyers.

In view of only few flights, i will not speak much about the motors. I will keep updating this thread, how the motors are tolerating the 1100 mah battery

Conclusion

When compared to its closest competitors, JJRC H5P stands out, for the price tag under $50, its an absolute better choice for beginners and experienced casual flyers with longer flight times.

Pros
Very stable 6-Axis Gyro System
Good Unique build quality
Longer flight Time upto 14 minutes
Bright and colorful LED lights night flying
3 Selectable Speeds
Excellent Features , Headless mode, return To home
Adjustable Lens of the Camera (tilt Feature)
Reasonable price

Cons
Prop guards requires some tweaking
Brittle props
Could have been a better camera with near perfect color reproduction

Shopping Options [In-stock], ships in 24 hours

Price: Available to Buy Here for $44.99 with Discount Coupon
Coupon Code:HKH5P

Photo Gallery
Last edited by artlovesart; Sep 15, 2015 at 01:17 AM. Reason: corrected title
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2015, 04:23 AM
Enigma
Reserved for Parts/videos and dis-assembly
Oct 13, 2015, 09:03 AM
Art:

Nice review, great photos, good eval.

I owned the JJRC H5C (H5P predecessor). I found that quad to be an excellent performer until it experienced one moderate bang against cement, and the Rx board failed (it would never bind the Tx again).

I could not get a replacement that worked. I finally found a board at Ali Express, but after waiting a month for it to arrive, it was not the (green) one advertised, and it would not hold a qyro reset, so the quad was useless. Bang Good won't confirm the board they now carry is in fact the one they illustrate.

The key to maintaining a QUALITY toy quad, is batteries and parts. Without those, any quad is just a flash in the pan.

So, I'm waiting to see what happens with the batteries and replacement parts (esp Rx board) for the JJRC 5HP.

Questions:
1) If the switch for rates is below the throttle, is there no trim for rudder/rotation?
2) Have you noticed jellow effect in the videos when you use a decent 4C rated MicroSD card?
3) Are you glad you bought the black on vs the green one?
4) Any plans to mod this thing for FPV? If so, I would really like to see the build photos!

VJ
Last edited by Virginia Jim; Oct 13, 2015 at 09:13 AM.
Oct 27, 2015, 07:11 AM
Video review from me:
JJRC H5P 2.4GHz, 4Ch, 6 Axis Gyro, RC Quadcopter with Headless mode and 2MP Camera (RTF) + Mobius (18 min 12 sec)
Nov 09, 2015, 03:33 PM
I recently burned out a motor on my JJRC h5P and could not find spare ones. I ordered some 7mm X 20mm that are for the Syma X5C thinking they would work since they are the same size. After replacing the motor the quadcopter now has no lift (1 or 2 feet only) and it veers off to the side. I am also unable to calibrate the motors. The lights on the h5p just bunk rapidly no matter how long I hold the sticks on the TX to the lower right. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Nov 09, 2015, 04:03 PM
i had 1 bad motor on my h5p i used a motor form my jjrc 1000a and it works as good as the h5c motors
Nov 09, 2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks. maybe I'll try the motors for the JJRC 1000a. Either the SYMA motors don't work for the JJRC clone or I did something to the board when I swapped the motor. Strange that I can't calibrate them......
Nov 10, 2015, 10:13 AM
It seems like I got it fixed. I decided to replace all four motors with Syma X5C motors and it's good as new. Apparently I had more than one bad motor.
Last edited by hawaii4x; Nov 10, 2015 at 08:42 PM.
Nov 11, 2015, 05:39 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Is the camera lens angle adjusted manually or through the transmitter, like on the J11D?
Nov 11, 2015, 12:52 PM
it's manually adjustment, i wish it was like J11D.
Nov 11, 2015, 01:54 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
At least this one has good range.
Nov 11, 2015, 09:26 PM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
At least this one has good range.
Yep, definitely this has good range and absolutely i love flying this
JJRC H5P Quadcopter Test Flight (5 min 54 sec)
Nov 20, 2015, 09:43 AM
There are spare motors available for the H5P at aliexpress ! I ordered 1 set as spare for the future. The seller confirmed that the motors are for this quadcopter. I hope they work good when I need to replace one or more motors.
Nov 23, 2015, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol
There are spare motors available for the H5P at aliexpress ! I ordered 1 set as spare for the future. The seller confirmed that the motors are for this quadcopter. I hope they work good when I need to replace one or more motors.
Do you know diameters?
Nov 24, 2015, 03:12 AM
My JJRC H5P arrived and I'm writing my review (for italian people) here:
http://droni.ita.zone/index.php/quadricotteri/jjrc-h5p

Quick Reply