Fly Online with RCGroups.com!

Now you can take to the sky with your friends from RCGroups.com at our new online airfield! FPV racing, a tree course, thermals, and more!!

Splash

Fly, race and have fun online with other RCGroups members!

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and I'm excited to announce that the RCG online airfield is live!! I have created a RealFlight airfield for everyone.

Here are some of the features of the RCG online field:

• FPV race course complete with race gates
  • Winged craft FPV race course
  • Runway and pit area for helis and planes
  • Tree course to test your skills
  • Thermals over the runway

More Info

If you have the RealFlight flight sim then you know it has an online feature that allows you to fly with other users. We have created an RCGroups based airfield with all of the fun features listed above. There are a few things you will need to enjoy everything:

Download the RCGroups Airfield

There have been custom designed items in the RCG field that you will need to download. These include RCGroups FPV gates, feather flags for the turns and banners. You can get the whole airfield with one download. Once you get this imported into RealFlight you can also utilize the Multiplayer feature to fly this field with other RCG users. All you need to do is go to the multiplayer section, click "join" and find the official RCGroups airfield.

Here is the link to the RCGroups field.

Looking for a Killer Quad?

If you intend on racing on the FPV course we created, then you need a quad built for the job. We took the Pocket Racer design and tweaked it to work for our field. The FPV cam is set to what we think is the right angle to keep up speed and still be able to see where you are going. Jason Cole and Matt Gunn have both flown this quad on the course and it's their favorite so far!

Be sure to remember to select the view/camera type/FPV. You can also select the nose camera on craft with no FPV cam.

You can download that here.

Aircraft for the Field

You can fly whatever plane you like. We have been testing out various birds for the winged craft FPV course. The electric Gee Bee is awesome (found in the RF airplane options). If you want to see how good you really are try the L-39 - WOW! I will mention that for just pure fun the Flyzone Calypso is great. You can fly all the courses with this electric sailplane, as well as the tree course. If you accidentally hit your prop and the motor shuts off you can throttle down and then throttle back up to keep going - tons of fun!

Field Video

Check it out!!

The RCGroups.com Online FPV Race Course - RealFlight Multiplayer (2 min 12 sec)

Field Photos

Lets take a look at what the RCGroups field has to offer:

Sep 03, 2015, 03:45 PM
Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Looks great, will defo give it a shot, thanks.
Sep 03, 2015, 04:10 PM
We need Jim, Jason, Matt etc cardboard cutouts to bowl over. I will give it a go when I get a chance. Thanks for the course! Mike H
Sep 03, 2015, 05:02 PM
RCGroups Editor
Haha! I'll pose for that!
Sep 04, 2015, 08:00 AM
Radioactive Flier
Love the idea! Downloaded both already and tried it out. Quad seems to have absolutely no tail authority though, using rudder barely makes it yaw at all making turns incredibly difficult.
Sep 04, 2015, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Let's tweak that thing! I agree, for me it's tricky to get it around. Jason on the other hand can own that course with that quad.
Sep 04, 2015, 08:08 AM
Fantastic job now I have to get the HDMI cable for my Headplay goggles and rock this...
Sep 04, 2015, 08:13 AM
Administrator
I put the HeadPlays on my wife and she said she was going to throw up! It will get you swaying around!
Sep 04, 2015, 12:00 PM
What version of RealFlight is needed for this?
Sep 04, 2015, 12:05 PM
Administrator
It should work with any version that has the multiplayer option.
Sep 04, 2015, 12:07 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Awesome work, Jim!!
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Sep 04, 2015, 12:10 PM
Realflight 7.5 required for quad racer files
Sep 04, 2015, 01:10 PM
Dronebling.com
Any chance of getting one of these for the Phoenix FS?
Sep 04, 2015, 01:28 PM
Any plans for a Phoenix rc5 version of this? It's exactly what Phoenix needs; at the moment there are no racing quads and obviously no FPV racing courses!
Sep 04, 2015, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppercanyonlab
Any chance of getting one of these for the Phoenix FS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisnpod
Any plans for a Phoenix rc5 version of this? It's exactly what Phoenix needs; at the moment there are no racing quads and obviously no FPV racing courses!
I am a Phoenix user also. Phoenix does need something new.