Sep 03, 2015, 08:24 AM
tiger moth fiend
Thread OP
New Product

Blade Micro AH-64 Apache

Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!! Or great balls of 30mm or Hellfires, which ever you prefer.

Key Features

Fully assembled, no building necessary
Officially licensed model of the Boeing AH-64 attack helicopter
SAFE® technology makes heli flight easier for anyone to learn
Flight mode versatility allows your skills to progress faster
Panic Recovery mode can instantly recover the heli to a level attitude
Detailed AH-64 Apache body with extensive surface detail and trim
Four-blade, collective pitch main rotor head
Tough, lightweight airframe with a scale-inspired paint scheme
Brushless main and tail motors for great power and response
Spektrum™ AR6335 DSMX® receiver with AS3X® technology (installed)
Direct-link, micro rotary cyclic servos (installed)
E-flite® 400mAh 2S Li-Po flight battery and charger (included)
Needed To Complete

A multifunction 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology.
Overview

Fly a Scale Attack Heli with Confidence
Whenever the United States military is called upon to settle a skirmish or major conflict, the Boeing AH-64 Apache attack helicopter is sure to lead the fight. That’s because few VTOL capable aircraft are as well equipped, heavily armed or self-reliant. Some RC models of the Apache are large, expensive, require significant talent to assemble and even more skill to fly. The Blade® Micro AH-64 Apache captures the pride of the U.S. Army and is officially licensed by the Boeing Aircraft Company. Standout details like a functional four-blade head, collective pitch mechanics and brushless power make it enticing to the experts, while innovative SAFE® technology makes it easy to fly, even for less-experienced pilots.

Put yourself in the action with the Blade® Micro AH-64 Apache scale helicopter. Engineered around the abilities of innovative SAFE® technology, its progressive flight mode system makes flying this highly-detailed heli as comfortable as possible, even if you’re new to collective pitch machines. Beginner mode helps keep you in control with the safety of bank limits and self-leveling so it’s possible to fly and develop your pilot skills quickly. When you’re ready to engage the field with the safeties off, Intermediate mode opens the flight envelope to explore smooth forward flight. Switch to Expert mode when you’re ready to run hot with the full complement of maneuverability inspired by the full-scale AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. Whether you’re new to scale heli flight or seasoned heli expert, this is one heli hero you won’t want to keep tied down.

SAFE® Technology
The Blade® Micro AH-64 Apache features exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology, a revolutionary electronic flight envelope protection system that helps you fly a collective pitch scale helicopter with confidence. Its progressive flight modes allow you to choose the level of assistance and maneuverability at the flip of a switch. Plus, you get the virtual protection of Panic Recovery mode that can prevent a crash at the push of a button.

Flight Modes
Beginner mode: Limited flight envelope with self-leveling and a bank angle limit
Intermediate mode: Full flight envelope with limits and self-leveling removed
Expert mode: Higher head speed and increased collective pitch range for greater agility
Panic Recovery mode: Returns the helicopter to a stable attitude
Impressive Scale Detail
The hard plastic body features a scale outline and rich detail striking enough to be officially licensed by Boeing Aircraft Company. Beyond static appearance, the four-blade head and tail add a functional level of authenticity you’ll appreciate while flying.

Brushless Power
Both the main rotor and tail rotors feature brushless outrunner motors for the power to fly outdoors and muscle through aggressive maneuvers. The main rotor is geared specifically for scale four-blade head performance. The tail rotor is a high-speed, direct-drive outrunner with a tail rotor that has a realistic four-blade appearance.

Collective Pitch Mechanics
Whether you’re flying at a large indoor area or outside patrolling your backyard, the collective pitch mechanics give a true to scale flying experience that’s both stable in forward flight and while hovering

Included Inside the Box
Fully Assembled Blade® Micro AH-64 Apache helicopter
E-flite® 400mAh Li-Po Flight Battery (EFLB4002S30)
AC/DC Li-Po Battery Charger

This one is definitely gonna go in my hangar.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2015, 08:28 AM
AA6JB
Looks like you may have to amend your RCG user ID with "andhelis".

Definitely a cool looking little scale heli!
Sep 03, 2015, 09:29 AM
welder I have also now, hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Looks like you may have to amend your RCG user ID with "andhelis".

Definitely a cool looking little scale heli!
hehe, it is a candy.
Sep 03, 2015, 02:35 PM
Should appeal to those of us who like their model helis to look like an actual heli. Also like the use of outrunner motors and rotary servos.
For anyone who would like to peruse the manual, it's available here.
Sep 03, 2015, 05:25 PM
Stupid Gravity
oh! oh! oh! I want one, I want one right now!

now the waiting starts!
Sep 03, 2015, 05:36 PM
Stupid Gravity
i just took a look at the manual, the heli uses a total of 4-gears to drive the blades! that could be interesting
Sep 03, 2015, 05:40 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
Now if I could just sell my Stingray500. This is a must for me and would look great with my Black hawk.

Gravy
Sep 03, 2015, 07:20 PM
Park Stormer
I have a blade nano cps on order intended to be my move into CP, and I'd love to go a bit larger and scale for my next heli. Im torn between this and the helimax blackhawk

Yes, the bh is $90 more in txr form, but she looks so much better. The landing gear also looks more robust on the bh, vs the plasticky toy gear on the apache.

Them theres the shaft driven rotor on the BH, vs the motor driven unit here.

Again, the apache is 2/3 the price, but barely looks even half as good.

I think the BH with the apaches SAFE equipped rx would be the ultimate backyard scale heli.
Sep 03, 2015, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
I think the BH with the apaches SAFE equipped rx would be the ultimate backyard scale heli.
That may be true, depending on how well the AR6335 integrates into the BlackHawk.
I would like to change the rx/fbl controller in mine, but haven't decided which one to use for the replacement. Already have a few that I could use and this AR6335 may make the choice harder again.
The strange thing is, AR6335 came out in the first half of last year and nowhere in the sales or tech blurb, did it mention using on a heli.
It only says... "180- to 300-sized aircraft such as lightweight 3D foamies and indoor slow flyers using up to 6 channels. Not for use in aircraft with full carbon fiber fuselages".
Also, nothing about it having flybarless programming for helis and there's no "H" on the end to designate a different version.
You would think if it had that capability all along, they would have made some noise about it. After all, a nanolite rx/fbl controller would attract some sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud
i just took a look at the manual, the heli uses a total of 4-gears to drive the blades! that could be interesting
Yes, it's a complex drive train, may be because of the narrow width of Apache fuselage. I think this one might be a chore doing maintenance and repairs.
Sep 03, 2015, 09:00 PM
Heli's rule!
Omg blade, you are killing me! I cant afford all these awesome helis! I have GOT to get one one these!

RTF http://www.horizonhobby.com/micro-ap...64-rtf-blh2500

BNF http://www.horizonhobby.com/micro-ap...64-bnf-blh2580
Last edited by dacaur; Sep 29, 2015 at 11:04 PM.
Sep 03, 2015, 09:12 PM
Stupid Gravity
Let me do the math;

married for 40yrs

purchased 200SR X, 2- RedBull 130X's, 230s all within 6-mths and now the AH64 Apache...........i wonder what its like being single
Sep 03, 2015, 09:51 PM
Back ordered mine today
Sep 03, 2015, 10:09 PM
This is the coolest thing Blade has come out with this year. I love the size and power plant on it. Definitely going on the Christmas list.
Sep 04, 2015, 12:04 AM
Blade uis sure putting pedal to metal with new birds.
Sep 04, 2015, 02:50 AM
meh....not as scale as the helimax black hawk or even the rebull 130x. but i can understand that, due to the fact that the apache have a skinny airframe.
but they could have made it skinnier if they used their linear servo with this. the tail is understandable because a collective "X" designed tail is super hard to scale down the parts, and all the moving parts. speaking of tail again, they could have used a small.

and finally the head is too high, but i could mod this to go lower. i would still definitely get it along with my helimax black hawk and helimax ec145 with custom military paint. now i just need an md500 and a super cobra, and my life is complete.

Quick Reply