Sep 14, 2015, 03:25 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Hi Joe,

I would recommend some Oleo Struts to ease any hard landings and avoid any additional repairs. Heck the Mains will be great to have Oleo Struts to soften the landing on this large model.

Here are some suggestions:
http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...ategory_Code=W

I believe Hobby King has some as well.....

Here are some great mains. Just need to trim an 1/8" of the bottom. Weight comparisons as well.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2015, 04:35 PM
Right Rudder
Skylineflyer,

Those are wonderful OLEO Struts!

Very nicely done.
Sep 14, 2015, 04:42 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Skylineflyer,

Those are wonderful OLEO Struts!

Very nicely done.
Thanks Pitt!
Sep 14, 2015, 05:09 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Here are some great mains. Just need to trim an 1/8" of the bottom. Weight comparisons as well.
So who makes them and where can you get them!!
Sep 14, 2015, 05:13 PM
Right Rudder
Shhhhhhh, its a secret!
Sep 14, 2015, 05:17 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
So who makes them and where can you get them!!
They are Eflite P47 mains. $89 a set.
Sep 14, 2015, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Skylineflyer,

Nice job on the struts. Any chance of painting them later? Waiting for that flight report when you are done.

I ordered a new set of struts to work on , Sunday night. So it looks like a work weekend for me . All my parts are on there way today.
Sep 14, 2015, 05:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by t33jetman
Skylineflyer,

Nice job on the struts. Any chance of painting them later? Waiting for that flight report when you are done.

I ordered a new set of struts to work on , Sunday night. So it looks like a work weekend for me . All my parts are on there way today.
Most definitely! I'll pick up some spray tomorrow. I'd like to find a way to make that black piece smaller. What struts are you using?
Sep 14, 2015, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Most definitely! I'll pick up some spray tomorrow. I'd like to find a way to make that black piece smaller. What struts are you using?
I am going to try these:

http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=10

I will mod the nose strut to look like a T28, I think I can do it, but it take everything I got to pull it off.
Sep 14, 2015, 06:28 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by t33jetman
I am going to try these:

http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=10

I will mod the nose strut to look like a T28, I think I can do it, but it take everything I got to pull it off.
I'd pass on those. They aren't long enough. You need about 163mm from center hub to end of shaft.
Sep 14, 2015, 10:05 PM
hey sky did those retracts jost bolt on or did you have to modifiy the housing for them to fit thx glenn.
Sep 14, 2015, 10:57 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by axerhand1976
hey sky did those retracts jost bolt on or did you have to modifiy the housing for them to fit thx glenn.
Lots of modification.
Sep 15, 2015, 12:53 PM

3 blade prop numbers

Here we go, the numbers speak for themselves. The Graupner is a really cool looking 3 blade sport prop, and I guess it'd fly with it, as the watts per pound stays above 100, but I think I'll be going with the MAS 14x9x3, it gives the cool look and keeps fairly close to stock numbers.
Sep 15, 2015, 01:01 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterswolf
Here we go, the numbers speak for themselves. The Graupner is a really cool looking 3 blade sport prop, and I guess it'd fly with it, as the watts per pound stays above 100, but I think I'll be going with the MAS 14x9x3, it gives the cool look and keeps fairly close to stock numbers.
Thanks, I wonder how a 15x8x3 or 15x9x3 would do? I'm glad I went with a 14x9x3. Thanks for testing these!
Sep 15, 2015, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Thanks, I wonder how a 15x8x3 or 15x9x3 would do? I'm glad I went with a 14x9x3. Thanks for testing these!
I have a feeling a 15x9x3 would end up over amps... a 15x8 *might* work, but I had a hard time finding one, I wanted to make sure I only used readily available props so replacement is easy Here is a 15x8x3 that looks pretty aggressive...

http://www.scaleflying.com/3-Blade-15X8_p_3736.html

I think the MAS 14x9x3 is the easiest to acquire and not hard on the wallet either.

Quick Reply