Jul 07, 2004, 09:51 AM
Thread OP

problem with warrenty work on futaba 6exa

I wonder if anyone else has had a problem with futaba warrent work ?

I had a problem with the throttle gimble and seeing as it was less than 1 year old sent it in for repair on may 29 04 .

Well I 1st got an ack that they had rxed it.....after a couple of weeks and no word from them I fired of an e-mail to them ...the required part was on b.o..
2 more weeks and no word ..now the part is in and will be repaired and sent in a "couple of days " . Another week goes by ... no word , fired off another e-mail . The response was the part had just come in and again it would be sent in a "couple of days " .

Its now july 7th and still no transmitter .

I was considering upgrading to a better Futaba transmitter , but after this experience they are on the bottom of my list.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2004, 10:21 AM
I buy Hitec because of the service. I have had Futaba before and in 3 different countries and the experience was similar. Nothing compares to HITEC RCD USA service!

Juan Trinidad
Jul 07, 2004, 08:23 PM
Maybe try calling them instead of relying on email? I have had nothing but good experience with their service. I sent my 9z in for repair and they had it back to me within one week and checked other things and repaired them in the module that I had no idea were even bad.
Jul 07, 2004, 08:35 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Most companies regard emails as paperwork. They put it off, it is not urgent - they will get to it when they get to it, or they can avoid it. If you call them, they have to give you some form of an answer, they can't put you on hold for a year.

Cam
Jul 07, 2004, 11:38 PM
Have used Futabas since the 1980's and have absolutly no complaints. I think i've only had to have one serviced by them under warranty, and it was a quick and painless process.
That was admittedly quite a few years ago though...
I currently own 4 Futabas, XA, XAs, Old style 8UA and the new 9C, ranging from 1 to 4 years old...with never an issue.
(considering the Dust laden enviroment I live in..I consider it a minor miracle)

Ender
Jul 08, 2004, 02:10 AM
Giz
Giz
Tony Rogers
Interesting that you had a problem with the throttle gimble. I did too. It jammed so that the throttle could only move half way up. I found that the metal pin at the centre of the gimble (in line with the stick) had pushed out and was fouling. I pushed it back in with a screwdriver and put some Zap on it

Quick Reply