Sep 01, 2015, 11:06 PM
Goodbye
Thread OP
Discussion

Multiplex FunGlider

Got one of these on the way from World Hobbies:

MULTIPLEX FunGlider [deutsch] (2 min 49 sec)

It'll be interesting to find out how long it takes for delivery.

Anybody that has been flying this little gem, please post your experiences here if you like.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2015, 09:03 PM
Goodbye
Thread OP
Fun Glider arrived today. From Melbourne Australia to my doorstep in three days! That's outstanding!

The quality on this one is first rate, and I suspect that it will be a great flyer.

Nuther cool video of the Fun Glider:

Funglider Multiplex (1 min 44 sec)
Sep 09, 2015, 12:02 AM
Goodbye
Thread OP
Finally got to fly my self imported Fun Glider today.

It is nothing but a superbly delightful aircraft. What a total joy to fly and, may just become my new favorite RC toy.

I wonder why this gem was not offered in the US market.
Sep 28, 2015, 12:20 AM
Nice!!! About to self-import myself!! Hoe does she compare to the EGP?
Sep 28, 2015, 12:59 AM
Goodbye
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceansun
Nice!!! About to self-import myself!! Hoe does she compare to the EGP?
The Easy Glider has a better sink rate. Good for zooming up and finding thermals. Also great for general playing around, and having loads of fun.

The Fun Glider is similar, but less floaty and more sporty.

I often fly the Fun Glider at full throttle and whip it around the sky. She excels at that type of treatment.

PS The Fun Glider is particularly sensitive to center of gravity adjustments. Recommend the factory settings as a start then carefully make adjustments as you see fit.

I have it set at two millimeters aft of the factory settings now.
Last edited by S.Davy; Sep 28, 2015 at 01:25 AM.
Sep 28, 2015, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Davy
The Easy Glider has a better sink rate. Good for zooming up and finding thermals. Also great for general playing around, and having loads of fun.

The Fun Glider is similar, but less floaty and more sporty.

I often fly the Fun Glider at full throttle and whip it around the sky. She excels at that type of treatment.

PS The Fun Glider is particularly sensitive to center of gravity adjustments. Recommend the factory settings as a start then carefully make adjustments as you see fit.

I have it set at two millimeters aft of the factory settings now.
TY bud!! I just recvd my Easy Glider Blue Edition via self import and was considering the Fun (took about 3 weeks from a Ebay purchase shop in Germany....was relieved to find NO damage via the travels & in perfect condition!!! ! World Hobbies doesn't show the Fun in stock but a shop called Gliders Distribution out of the UK does have it.

So, would you say its difficult to fly? Any tendency to tip stall or other? With spare parts not readily avail would hate to crash it on first outing!!!
Sep 28, 2015, 10:35 PM
Goodbye
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceansun
So, would you say its difficult to fly? Any tendency to tip stall or other?
It is a dream to fly.

I have not tried to tip stall it, but I will next time I get a chance to fly it, and will report on what I find. I have intentionally stalled it straight and level though and it will drop its nose and burn up some altitude during recovery. In other words, it's not a trainer so don't expect it mush all over the sky if you get it too slow.
Sep 30, 2015, 08:00 PM
Thank You S Davy!! Will let u know when I pull trigger!!
Feb 04, 2016, 09:45 AM
I got mine in the air yesterday. I like how it flies. Throws, CG, mix according to manual.

Multiplex Funglider RR Maiden Flight (8 min 17 sec)

Blog: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2596857
Feb 04, 2016, 11:08 PM
Goodbye
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristofferR
I got mine in the air yesterday.
Fantastic little toy isn't it?

Thanks for producing, and posting the video, Kristoffer.
Feb 06, 2016, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, just got mine today!!! 3 days delivery from Gliders Disribution in UK!!!
Feb 23, 2016, 10:32 PM
Hope they eventually bring out a KIT version ... transfer of equipt from the Panda would be easy, and would probably only require two extra servos and leads for the ailerons.
If not then it'll have to be the RR version despite the considerable additional cost, and the assumption that it has been put together OK at MPX.

@ KristofferR ... excellent video, but I have to assume that you are an experienced flyer judging by your test flight. In your opinion would this be a relatively easy small almost full house aircraft to fly for a less experienced flyer used to flying RES only e-sailplanes? Like the idea of Spoileron option for the ailerons.
Thanks ... Daffy.
Last edited by Little Black Duck; Feb 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Feb 24, 2016, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black Duck
Hope they eventually bring out a KIT version ... transfer of equipt from the Panda would be easy, and would probably only require two extra servos and leads for the ailerons.
If not then it'll have to be the RR version despite the considerable additional cost, and the assumption that it has been put together OK at MPX.

@ KristofferR ... excellent video, but I have to assume that you are an experienced flyer judging by your test flight. In your opinion would this be a relatively easy small almost full house aircraft to fly for a less experienced flyer used to flying RES only e-sailplanes? Like the idea of Spoileron option for the ailerons.
Thanks ... Daffy.
Thank you! I'm glad you liked the video!

I think the Funglider would do very well as a second aircraft. Being based on the Panda which is an established and proven design that flies well. There are a few Panda aileron conversions at RC-network.de and I've considered getting a Panda too when/if they are discounted; the "brick" ESC/RX and brush-motor might not matter too much on the slope.

My FG was easily assembled, everything is well thought out - be it wing assembly, ballast, using the box for transport or the throws and mix values. That is something I value - that is of course very personal and I've tried a lot of different routes over the years - from full RTF to getting a pair of foam wings.

If you have a PC you could actually get a good feel for both the Funglider and the Panda in the Multiplex MultiFlight simulator - it's free to download from the Multiplex webpage. The models I have flown IRL are pretty accurately modelled and the rest seem OK too - the notable exception is the Shark which seems faster and less floaty IRL.

When it comes to flying, I an experienced - I began RC flying sometime in the late 80's. However, spoilers, crow, camber and reflex is something I started using just lately and need to get more used to.
Feb 24, 2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks Kristopher ... FG definitely worth considering.
The MPX promo video, as you'd expect, makes the Fun glider look brilliant, but your video actually shows it like it is. ..
Regards from Oz .. Daffy
Mar 05, 2016, 02:22 PM
Very informative video KristofferR. The model looks to be a very smooth flyer in your hands.

A few months ago my much loved and upgraded/modded Graupner Terry S met it's ultimate demise. Although I have many other models to fly I do miss the way it grooved around the sky and your video of the Funglider reminded me very much of how it flew.

So, I'm considering adding a FG to my fleet although I would prefer a Kit over RR but, this doesn't seem available at the moment.

However, I would like to know a couple of things if you don't mind taking the time to answer.

Point 1. How does the model perform when rolling, I imagine it's a bit slow? Is there scope for increasing the aileron throws to obtain a reasonable roll rate?

Point 2. I have some 1300mah 3S lipos which measure 75mm x 35mm x 25mm and weigh 108g. Would they fit inside the limited space of the battery bay (with some modification if necessary)?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Quick Reply