Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 01, 2015, 01:53 PM
MK
MK
Discussion

BCSF / AMA Tent Activities

This year, Beacon Adhesives, Castle Creations, Hobbico and 3G&C will be sponsoring a tent hosted by the Bergen County Silent Fliers (BCSF) and the AMA for many activities throughout the duration of the NEAT fair. The following is a preliminary agenda and will be updated (this post) with specifics as the Fair nears.

*** Please see attached PDF for the latest schedule. ***

BCSF Club Merchandise are available for purchase on the club website:

http://www.bergencountysilentfliers....b-merchandise/

You can order the shirts now but they will be delivered at a later time as there is not enough time to get them to NEAT. However, baseball caps will be available at NEAT. We only have a limited number so order them now and pick them up at NEAT.
Last edited by MK; Sep 17, 2015 at 06:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2015, 02:42 PM
Sounds great

Any interest in a night flyer talk? Not sure if that's now considered mainstream or not or if guys still want to learn about starting in that space...

Rob
Sep 01, 2015, 05:38 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
1. Battle of Britain Commemorative Mass Warbird Launch - Obviously this won't be happening inside the tent.

When please?

Quote:
3. Anthony's Saturday Night Quadromania (FPV and LOS) - Sponsored by Sole 3D and Time Flys Hobby Town - raffles and prizes.
when please? We have the Saturday night Slow flyer contest aroud 8:30pm.
Sep 01, 2015, 08:22 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Friday night at the tent for the Quadromania,,,Sorry Tom

Thursday for the Battle of Britain.......

Chats are filling up and the Schedule will be posted this weekend...anyone interested in giving a chat on any facet of our hobby, please pm me...

For now we have

Anthony Sole doing some chats on arduino/pic programing
Robs Nightflier Set Ups
Hobbico will do some chats
Lazertoys
Castle Creations
Lazertoyz
AMA d2 round up and updates
Killer Planes How to CrashProof your airplane
Micro Chats from Joes Group

I have some secret surprise chats in the works but would love to get a nice FPV250 QuadRacing chat going.. Also one on ALES gliders would be great..

I will do one on Foam, the final frontier...... aka... I downloaded a free RCG plan, went to dollar tree and picked up some foam NOW WHAT!!!!! Principles of scaling and understanding structural design!!!
Sep 01, 2015, 09:11 PM

Al's ales ....

A chat by Al, on ALES would sure be NEAT...... don't hate, to pun is inhuman

QUOTE=dr.E;32581076]Friday night at the tent for the Quadromania,,,Sorry Tom

Chats are filling up and the Schedule will be posted this weekend...anyone interested in giving a chat on any facet of our hobby, please pm me...

For now we have

Robs Nightflier Set Ups
Lazertoys
Castle Creations
Lazertoyz

I have some secret surprise chats in the works but would love to get a nice FPV250 QuadRacing chat going.. Also one on ALES gliders would be great..

I will do one on Foam, the final frontier...... aka... I downloaded a free RCG plan, went to dollar tree and picked up some foam NOW WHAT!!!!! Principles of scaling and understanding structural design!!![/QUOTE]
Sep 01, 2015, 09:25 PM
How high will it go?
PID explained is the name of my chat. I will be demonstrating how to correctly tune them, and what each does in layman terms. Also show how cleanflights works(basic). I would like the chat to take place following the noon demos on either fri or sat, or both. I will also have my designs there, FPV racer, and an APM rig. If anyone has questions we can talk!
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 02, 2015, 05:56 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post

OK, cool, that is when I fit it in. Sometime later in the afternoon.

Tom
Sep 02, 2015, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
Friday night at the tent for the Quadromania,,,Sorry Tom

For now we have

Robs Nightflier Set Ups
Lazertoys
Castle Creations
Lazertoyz

I will do one on Foam, the final frontier...... aka... I downloaded a free RCG plan, went to dollar tree and picked up some foam NOW WHAT!!!!! Principles of scaling and understanding structural design!!!
Just please be sure to have a laptop with PowerPoint running on it (or at least a reader). That way folks can just bring their presentation on a flash drive and be good to go

Rob
Sep 02, 2015, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
Just please be sure to have a laptop with PowerPoint running on it (or at least a reader). That way folks can just bring their presentation on a flash drive and be good to go

Rob
All taken care of....
Sep 04, 2015, 03:55 PM
More chats

Night Flying Set Ups..... StangRob

WW1 Foamie Scale Bashing, Weathering and Losange design... Chris Goffa

Micro Foamie design and Power options Bill Sawn/ SawnCraft

Precision Aerobatic Round Up Hosted by National Champions Dave Lockhart and Kenny Velez

Synopsys of the NEAT Micro gathering .. Joe Malenchack

Hobbico New Product Showcase

Bashing the UMX Micro FPV system for Pylon and Combat (not all together!!!!) A demo platform....
Sep 07, 2015, 07:44 PM
I sent an email to Clint from Castle.... Tentatively they will be at NEAT socializing with the common folk... Its great to have them back and hanging out at the AMA / BCSF Tent
Sep 08, 2015, 09:48 AM
AMA will have a safety seminar in the AMA/Bergen tent on Automated External Defibrillators (AED's) at club fields, and AMA funds to assist in purchases.
Sep 08, 2015, 11:05 AM
two hot cake flippers and a 10s Lipo should do it ..
Sep 08, 2015, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-130rcpilot View Post
AMA will have a safety seminar in the AMA/Bergen tent on Automated External Defibrillators (AED's) at club fields, and AMA funds to assist in purchases.
Well, that puts a damper on fried Oreo night!!!
Sep 13, 2015, 09:58 AM
Thursday

7am WW1 Dawn Patrol micro and parkflier ...... Hosted by Hobbico, Zeekes, Stevens Aero

2:30PM-3:00PM Foamtac New Product demos

3-4PM (approximate time) Battle of Britain Commemorative flightBattle of Brittain Commemorative Warbird Launch

Friday

7am WW1 Dawn Patrol micro and parkflier ...... Hosted by Hobbico, Zeekes, Stevens Aero

11:00AM-11:30 ....WW1 Foamie Scale Bashing, Weathering and Losange design... Chris Goffa

11:30AM- Noon....... Micro Foamie design and Power options Bill Sawn/ SawnCraft

Noon-1:15PM Lunchtime demos, no sport flying allowed

1:30PM -2:30PM Micro Round Up , Best of the Best in 2015 with Joe Malenchack

2:30-3:00...... Night Flying Set Ups..... StangRob

3:00PM- 4:00 PM ....PID Explained ...... how to correctly tune them, and what each does in layman terms.....How cleanflights works(basic). Anthony will also have his designs there, FPV racer, and an APM rig.

4:00PM-4:30PM Foamtac New Product demos

4:45-5PM ..........Small warbird mass launch

5PM - 6:30 PM ......AMA D2 Update, Safety Chats and Q&A

6:30-7:30PM....... Azaarr Commemorative " Old Age is not for Sissies" , Share stories and memories , donations will go to an AMA Azarr Tribute

8:00PM..... Quadraphenia micro obstacle challenge, Sponsored by Time Flies and Anthony Sole

Saturday

11:00AM-11:30 ....WW1 Foamie Scale Bashing, Weathering and Losange design... Chris Goffa

Noon-1:15PM Lunchtime demos, no sport flying allowed

1:30PM- 2:30 PM ....PID Explained ...... how to correctly tune them, and what each does in layman terms.....How cleanflights works(basic). Anthony will also have his designs there, FPV racer, and an APM rig.

2:30-PM-3:00PM Foamtac New Product demos

3:00PM-3:30 .....Night Flying Set Ups..... StangRob

3:30PM-4:00PM......Micro Foamie design and Power options Bill Sawn/ SawnCraft

4:00PM-4:45....... New Product Showcase, Hobbico, LazerToyz ...open to any NEAT Vendor....

4:45-5PM Small warbird mass launch
Last edited by dr.E; Sep 13, 2015 at 10:45 AM.