Tower Kaos 60 ARF - RC Groups
Aug 31, 2015, 03:44 AM
New Product

Tower Kaos 60 ARF

This was brought to my attention in the Killer Kaos Reloaded thread, and I thought it deserved a thread of its own. I just pre-ordered mine. Doesn't it look spectacular with that large dark tinted canopy?
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/towa2058.html
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2015, 05:22 AM
crazy SNAP ill be looking into this as it is ready for the electric system , way coool,
Aug 31, 2015, 08:17 AM
Colour scheme lacks imagination and probably covered with the same shelf paper used on the 40 size model. Never cared for the lightening bolt scheme.

Download the assembly manual. The wings plug in, and the stabalizer is attached with two locknuts the same way the Escapades models. The fuselage is quite wide and could easily fit three standard servos across the fuselage. But on the plus side it probably does fly quite nice as the 40 size model does too.

Jim
Last edited by jpurcha; Aug 31, 2015 at 09:05 AM.
Aug 31, 2015, 08:56 AM
i have been saying they should have done this along time ago, also to the 40 size to make it more electric friendly . i wounder if this will take a 14/15 prop tho ,
Aug 31, 2015, 09:08 AM

Prop sizes electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc39
i have been saying they should have done this along time ago, also to the 40 size to make it more electric friendly . i wounder if this will take a 14/15 prop tho ,
From the manual:

SUITABLE PROPELLERS FOR RIMFIRE .80
❍ APC 14 x 10E (APCQ1409)
❍ APC 15 x 7E (APCQ1830)
❍ APC 15 x 8E (APCQ4013)
Aug 31, 2015, 02:35 PM
I have to agree, it looks good, probably Monokote covering. They finally up sized the old 40 size version. I guess it would be ok to electrify it for those who don't want to get their hands oily .....lol
Aug 31, 2015, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLIKES RC
I have to agree, it looks good, probably Monokote covering. They finally up sized the old 40 size version. I guess it would be ok to electrify it for those who don't want to get their hands oily .....lol
As the manual states for the Kaos:
"Covering: Factory applied heat shrink covering"

For the Escapade MX:
"Covering: Top Flite MonoKote"

Jim
Aug 31, 2015, 03:22 PM
Lipoly Killer

Finally!

We needed this one for ages.
Aug 31, 2015, 06:11 PM

Dirty Birdy discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd
We needed this one for ages.
When the Dirty Birdy was discontinued, I wondered whether this plane would be showing up as an arf in the near future.

Jim
Aug 31, 2015, 07:38 PM
Ugh, yeah probably a cheap covering from what it states in the manual. Oh well, keep the sealing iron handy...lol
Aug 31, 2015, 09:11 PM
DavidsPlanes
Shweeet!

Time do do some ARF stripping and rippin'

David
Aug 31, 2015, 09:17 PM

Priced like a Stripper too.

David at $180.00 USD or $237.00 CAD., that ARF stripping and rippin' gets pretty expensive. It should have had a monokote finish @ $180 USD.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxilia
Shweeet!

Time do do some ARF stripping and rippin'

David
Aug 31, 2015, 11:23 PM
Formerly ReelDoc

Tower Kaos 60 ARF is SPA Legal

Just for everyone's information - the Tower Kaos 60 ARF has officially been approved for Senior Pattern Assn. competition as of Sunday night.

Jim Johns
SPA Webmaster
Sep 01, 2015, 03:30 AM
I seriously doubt a 14 inch prop will fit. I don't see any reason why a 6S electric setup can't use a normal APC 12x9 glow prop just like I would on the .65AX. It fits the plane and flying style a lot better. 14-15 inch electric props are suitable for 2 kg Katana/Edge/Extra type models with low wing loading.
Sep 01, 2015, 09:30 AM
DavidsPlanes
Good point Jon!

And with the Rimfire 80 being the recommended motor, the identical higher Kv Rimfire 60 strikes me like a better fit. That motor will develop plenty of power, perhaps more than a 65 AX, on a 12" prop and 6s setup.

The nice thing about Rimfire motors is that they are comparatively high in Kv providing a more classic power plant setup than most other brands.

David