Aug 30, 2015, 10:35 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Thread OP
Contest

Eastern Soaring League coming to LISF 2 - Cancelled again

The first time the FAA grounded us with a NOTAM/No Fly

Second time weather got us - Sustained winds of 20+ mph and high percentage chance of Rain Saturday.

At least we tried.

The Eastern Soaring League is coming to the Long Island Silent Flyers field September 26 and 27 2015.

Updated 9-25-15

LISF 2 has been rescheduled for Oct 3/4. Registration is now open
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...ic-flight.html

George Hill will be the CD.

This is LISF 2, the second of two ESL TD contest weekends hosted by the Long Island Silent Flyers in Syosset, New York. There will be one contest on Saturday and one on Sunday. You can fly either or both.

We have a large field, plenty of sky and a club that puts on a great contest. The LISF club members do all the work so you, the ESL pilots, get to sit back, relax and focus on your flying. Ed Anderson and Mike Lavelle Co-CDs.

The long range forecast is for beautiful skies, light breezes and lots of lift. So why would you want to miss it?

There will be 4 ESL winches. We will be flying Man on man format.

Cold drinks are available Free. Lunch is available every day.

Weather permitting, we open the field for practice on Friday.

We will be flying Expert, Sportsman and Novice. Novice pilots fly FREE so bring those new pilots with you and give them a taste of the great time to be had at an ESL contest.

Feel free to post questions here and I will do my best to answer them.

We hope to see you there.
Last edited by aeajr; Oct 01, 2015 at 09:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2015, 04:40 PM
Hopefully no funny traffic problems with the Pope in town the day before leaving early Saturday 8:40AM from JFK. They issued a TFR for Philly area on 26/27. I would guess there will be on e for NYC area 24/25/26.

http://www.popefrancisnyc.org/pope-francis
Latest blog entry: Is-4 Jastrzab Build
Sep 01, 2015, 04:38 AM
Thread OP
I hope not. Had not noticed the proximity to the contest. Our president is a pilot. Will get his input.
Sep 17, 2015, 09:10 PM
Thread OP
LISF 2 is cancelled based on FAA no-fly restrictions

New FDC NOTAM/TFRs have been issued for the greater New York, NY and Newark, NJ metropolitan area beginning at 4:30p on Thursday, 9/24, and continuing until 6:30p EDT on Wednesday, 9/30. The TFRs are issued for security purposes to cover VIP movement in conjunction with the Papal visit and the meeting of the UN General Assembly. Outdoor radio control model aircraft operations are prohibited within the lateral limits of the New York Class B airspace for the specific times listed below. Control Line and Free Flight modelers should use discretion when operating within the TFR.

I will try to notify the pilots who are registered for the contest but I may not have everyone's e-mail so if you know someone coming to the contest, please let them know it is cancelled.
Sep 17, 2015, 11:41 PM
If you are not inside watching TV, you WILL be arrested. Penalties doubled during Super Bowl.
-----------------------

I sent an email to Chris Schuch. With any luck, I live far enough away (12.5 miles) that I won't hear his reaction. We were planning on attending LISF 2. At least they gave enough warning so that everyone didn't show up first.

I guess LI is densely populated enough that you don't have any alternative fields a bit further east? Maybe we'll need to schedule alternate clubs to host the contests if the TFR's squash them.

Maybe we should all go to water resistant gliders and get out beyond US territorial waters. ;-) Perhaps we should just give up on the US, buy an ESL Dc-3 and fly up to Quebec or something for contests. Might be a problem getting back in, though. Especially if you have a computer radio that might be used to store evil data. They sometimes seize laptops. Plus we could always be stranded by a TFR.
Sep 25, 2015, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
LISF 2 has been rescheduled for Oct 3/4. Registration is now open
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...ic-flight.html

George Hill will be the CD.
Sep 29, 2015, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
We have 10 pilots registered!

Quick Reply