Oct 13, 2021, 03:57 PM
3D enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
Let's get back on track by reposting some epic low head speed 3D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eUjgROSM-I&t=4s
What is the point of low headspeed? In this case? Something to push the boundaries and get a floatier flying experience? The blades for this have to be chosen thoughtfully I suppose?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2021, 09:08 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyathi
What is the point of low headspeed? In this case? Something to push the boundaries and get a floatier flying experience? The blades for this have to be chosen thoughtfully I suppose?

I guess it's a modeling thing, as it's more realistic. No real full scale helicopter has the power to weight ratio of even the cheapest CP model helicopter.
To modelers it's the equivalent of sticking a 2000 HP (1491 Kilowatts) motor in a tiny Honda Civic and bragging that it's fast.

There is something for everyone in this hobby. For the scale pilots you are gifted with bullet-proof designs that you can run at lower head
speeds and can handle the extra weight of "details".

Variety is the spice of life, so I'm into trains right now. I still have all of my helicopters and intend to return.
I might need to buy a hobby size mill and lathe, but I'll get it done.

N Scale Trains 9-21-21 (4 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 14, 2021 at 09:49 AM.
Oct 14, 2021, 10:02 AM
Cool N-scale layout. There is a lot going on in a small space there! Is it your railroad?

I have recorded many model train videos for my bedridden brother, the train nut. 'Pilentium' makes some really excellent films. There is a Russian HO layout that has an airport... It is fascinating to watch the trains and to watch from a camera on a train. The detail on some layouts is incredible and some model railroads feature comical scenes of everyday life.

I love aircraft best because of the action but I do not like any models that have weapons.
Oct 14, 2021, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotors
Cool N-scale layout. There is a lot going on in a small space there! Is it your railroad?

I have recorded many model train videos for my bedridden brother, the train nut. 'Pilentium' makes some really excellent films. There is a Russian HO layout that has an airport... It is fascinating to watch the trains and to watch from a camera on a train. The detail on some layouts is incredible and some model railroads feature comical scenes of everyday life.

I love aircraft best because of the action but I do not like any models that have weapons.

Checking channel out now, I'll go away and stop throwing water on the fire.

[EDIT] Holy cow 120K subs
Oct 14, 2021, 10:16 AM
Makes me want to delete all of my train uploads.
Oct 14, 2021, 11:04 AM
I'm Baaack. Snapshot of HF stats: "There are currently 2549 people browsing HeliFreak."
It does seem lower than what I remember.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=21

Turns out not by much. (I'm trying to be optimistic here. )
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 14, 2021 at 11:15 AM.
Oct 19, 2021, 10:33 AM
Not sure why I posted to that particular video, I think it had the most views at the time.
Suddenly in one week it has well over a thousand views.

The rest of my train videos are under 100 views each, and some are even somewhat in focus .

So we can conclude that:

1) My model train layout sucks.

2) There are 1000+ 3D pilots that want to beat be senseless.

Quick Reply