Sep 22, 2019, 09:04 AM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1701
I hope I do not have to experience a disaster again. I have now swapped the BEC 8A for a 15A and a separate power supply (Lipo 3s 1500) for the receiver. If there is again a total failure after 1.5min, then the F-15 remains at least controllable. At least I hope ...
Using quality electronics that are proven and trusted along with intelligent and well thought out Layouts minimize these Catastrophic failures. And furthermore, minimize the risk and associated dread and lack of confidence in the system thus making the whole experience more pleasant. I run a similar system with confidence in my EDFs using a separate 2S 1300 LiPo for the receiver. I've been doing it this way for years with very high confidence and very minimal failures. Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2019, 11:13 AM
I use YEP 20amp BEC along with the scorpion backup guard. Even if I lose my main battery pack, the backup guard will provide enough juice to have flight controls.
I am not a fan of the FW BECs.
Sep 22, 2019, 04:03 PM
I dont know if the FW Bec was the source of the error. With my T-45, Yak-130 or A-6, I've had no problems so far. but I think it was a good start to narrow down the problem. And hell, maybe I'm lucky and already fixed the error.
Sep 22, 2019, 04:08 PM
I still have to fix this fine crack. I would like to avoid opening the fuselage as much as possible. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can glue this best?
Sep 22, 2019, 04:11 PM
Pour in some CA and hold it together the best you can. Some CA kicker might be helpful.
Sep 22, 2019, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
Pour in some CA and hold it together the best you can. Some CA kicker might be helpful.
Is CA suitable for this type of foam? I have had the experience that CA does not stick any foam.
Sep 22, 2019, 04:32 PM
Phone's ringing dude...
Quote:
This. If you're concerned get some foam safe thin so it will seep into the crack, give it a second or two before the kicker.
Sep 22, 2019, 05:36 PM
I use the dollar store type CA with EPO including this type FW F15 which I have had to repair a few times. The Kicker is very helpful.
Sep 23, 2019, 12:39 AM
Quote:
I use the dollar store type CA with EPO including this type FW F15 which I have had to repair a few times. The Kicker is very helpful.
Thank you for the helpful information.
Sep 23, 2019, 08:58 AM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
I forgot to post this from a couple weeks ago. I helped a fellow younger club member get his new 90mm F-15 High Performance dialed in. I did the first two flights to get trim in and then set up the LemonRX 7Ch stabilizer. I was really impressed with the new set up too! The new rotor design works well with the new motor! I was also able to get a couple good flights in with mine as well with one battery abusing flight mixed in there...LOL

Freewing 90mm F-15 High Performance Maiden flight at LFE (6 min 22 sec)

Freewing 90mm F-15 High Performance 2nd flight at LFE (6 min 13 sec)

Freewing 90mm F-15 High Performance Mikes first flight during sunset at LFE (3 min 29 sec)

Freewing 90mm F-15 mad man flight during sunset at LFE (4 min 28 sec)

Freewing 90mm F-15 flight after sunset at LFE (4 min 47 sec)
Oct 04, 2019, 01:15 PM
Ok time for a repaint!! I finally got the graphics from Callie to make my Eagle look like the ones from here in Fresno CA.... time to get busy on prettying up my birds!!
Oct 04, 2019, 01:46 PM
aka ShadowVFX
I still miss those F-16s. Gooniac, are you in Fresno? Your profile says Sunnyvale.
Oct 04, 2019, 02:22 PM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
Ok time for a repaint!! I finally got the graphics from Callie to make my Eagle look like the ones from here in Fresno CA.... time to get busy on prettying up my birds!!
YES !!! Finally... it's starting ... I've been waiting for your Fresno Repaint !!!! Hahahahaha
Oct 04, 2019, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko
I still miss those F-16s. Gooniac, are you in Fresno? Your profile says Sunnyvale.
I am in sunnyvale but am about 2.5 hours from fresno. I have made a few trips out there to see them and went to their open house a couple years back. There will be another one coming up in 2020... On occasion they do passes over me here since I am by Moffett Federal Airfield which used to be a huge NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaroo
YES !!! Finally... it's starting ... I've been waiting for your Fresno Repaint !!!! Hahahahaha
we shall see.... hopefully it goes as planned!! I have 4 sets of decals enroute....
I have 4 sets of
Oct 04, 2019, 10:52 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
Yes another 144er.

Gravy

Quick Reply