The Blade Nano CP S Ultra Micro RC Helicopter - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

The Blade Nano CP S Ultra Micro RC Helicopter

The Nano CPX brought an easy and inexpensive way of learning to fly 3D a few years ago.

Splash

The Easy Path To 3D Aerobatics.

The Nano CPX brought an easy and inexpensive way of learning to fly 3D a few years ago. Beginners and experts had a solid micro helicopter they could learn to fly 3D without the hassle of driving to a large open area, or the expense of a crash. Blade has just released the newest version of this ever so popular micro. The Blade CP S integrates the popular S.A.F.E. technology.

The Blade CP S has 3 different flight modes to choose from depending on your style of flying.

• Stability mode: Self-leveling and minimal bank angle limit
  • Agility mode: Full control with 0 bank angle limit
  • 3D mode: Rates are increased for 3D flight

Of course with all SAFE equipped aircraft you get the Panic button that will bring the helicopter back to a level hover in an instant for pilots that lose orientation during flight. This is great technology added to a proven design. The Blade CP S will be sold in RTF with included DX4e, or BNF that can BIND to any DSM2/DSMX Transmitters.

Features

• Fully assembled, no building necessary
  • SAFE® technology makes learning 3D heli flight more fun
  • Flight mode versatility allows pilot to build skills quickly
  • Panic Recovery mode can instantly recover the heli to a level attitude
  • Durable construction that’s ultra-lightweight
  • Lightweight canopy and fin with vivid color scheme
  • Collective pitch rotor system with flybarless mechanics
  • Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
  • 3× 2.1-gram linear long-throw cyclic servos (installed)
  • High-speed main motor and direct-drive tail motor (installed)
  • Two sets of main blades for aerobatic or fast flight (included)
  • E-flite® 150mAh 1S 45C Li-Po flight battery and USB charger (included)
  • Spektrum DX4e, multifunction transmitter with Spektrum DSMX® technology (included)

The Blade Nano CP S information CLICK HERE.

Last edited by ndfly700; Aug 28, 2015 at 01:02 PM..
Aug 28, 2015, 01:22 PM
San Mateo, CA
Great news now... what parts of the Nano CPX will fit and what is the availability ( date)..??
Aug 28, 2015, 02:20 PM
I would imagine it's probably just a new control board, the rest of the hardware is likely compatible.
Aug 28, 2015, 02:26 PM
San Mateo, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
I would imagine it's probably just a new control board, the rest of the hardware is likely compatible.
One would hope.
If there is a fair amount of them , I will invest in the new Nano as I will be able to use the old model for spare parts ( I have several of them)
Aug 28, 2015, 04:14 PM
Oh wow! That is so cool.
Just when I finally felt ready to leave the FP world behind and move on to CP, Blade discontinued the heli I had my eye on -- the Nano CPX.
But now, this Nano CPS seems even better than the Nano CPX (given its three flight modes)...

Too bad, I already ordered Hisky HCP80 V2 from Banggood.
Oh well... I will have two nano CPs to practice and learn on...

Only question is should I get RTF or (finally) buy a Spektrum dx6?
Aug 28, 2015, 04:14 PM
♘ Heli's Lives Matter ♘
If the board is in fact mounted horizontal.....those 3in1 edges look a little bit exposed. It's good to have he nano-nano back though no doubt.
Aug 28, 2015, 04:25 PM
San Mateo, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711
If the board is in fact mounted horizontal.....those 3in1 edges look a little bit exposed. It's good to have he nano-nano back though no doubt.
I like the access of the connectors on the board and it also looks "safer" ie less prone to "board banging" failures. Time will tell. I do hope they improved the canopy pins.
Aug 28, 2015, 04:28 PM
San Mateo, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_z
Oh wow! That is so cool.
Just when I finally felt ready to leave the FP world behind and move on to CP, Blade discontinued the heli I had my eye on -- the Nano CPX.
But now, this Nano CPS seems even better than the Nano CPX (given its three flight modes)...

Too bad, I already ordered Hisky HCP80 V2 from Banggood.
Oh well... I will have two nano CPs to practice and learn on...

Only question is should I get RTF or (finally) buy a Spektrum dx6?
Yes you should.. or even invest in the DX6i if you want to skimp a little. There is nothing wrong with that model.
Aug 28, 2015, 05:25 PM
Nano CPX is way superior to the competition...then you upgrade with Blade brushless kit and out of this world! Hisky 80 v2 is several levels below the Nano....had them both....gave away the 80 v2....the new Nano CPS seems very interesting! Will get one to compare with my two nano CPXs.....thank you Blade!
Aug 28, 2015, 06:12 PM
What Canary?
What are the not-connected connectors with the red and yellow/orange wires for?
Last edited by KeithK; Aug 28, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
Aug 28, 2015, 06:38 PM
Pilot Dragonfly
Its on my list! Perfect for my front yard. My 180 cfx is just a little to big for it
Aug 28, 2015, 06:54 PM

Todays dumb question...

Might I ask how this diifers from the MCPX that I am currently learning on?
Aug 28, 2015, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallabat
Might I ask how this diifers from the MCPX that I am currently learning on?
It's smaller and if your mCPX is the brushless version, the Nano has much less power. It's just right for indoors though. Now if Blade puts this new controller on the mCPX/BL, I'm all in!
Aug 29, 2015, 05:10 AM
I'd like to see this in a brushless version, brushed motors wear out too fast and can fry control boards.
I've been waiting for a nice brushless nano heli for ages , something I can fly in my living room that's 3d, brushless cheap and crash survivable and easy access to spares if needed.
Aug 29, 2015, 06:50 AM
In the first post, it says (twice) that the rtf comes with the Dx4e.
However, on the Blade site, it states that it comes with the MLP6DSM.

Name: Screenshot-19.png
Views: 508
Size: 20.6 KB
Description:

Over on the Horizon product page, they don't specify what radio is supplied.