Nov 24, 2018, 07:24 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuteman
Do you have any room to move the battery forward?
Yep, just did some more carving and moved the velcro plank and hold down foward...should be enough to adjust the CG better. The first mini tests proved that my assessment of the CG was off, but when I moved the battery foward at that time then the plane would dive toward the ground with the weight moved forward. Hence the reason for wanting to give it some incedence. I'm already in the process of doing so and the bonus is I was able to cut and pull the lower wing apart with minimum scars to the plane. If that doesnt help then I guess I'll have to adjust the elevator up some.
Last edited by Timbo383; Dec 02, 2018 at 10:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2018, 10:32 PM
Took the box out today, it was a little windy but it flew pretty good with the latest adjustments. Flew the VX-30 this morning and that went well so I was hoping that the winds would die down a little bit later on in the evening but no luck, but I decided what the heck and give her a try anyways. Took the hat cam with me but the camera was pointing a little high and I mostly just got a video of an overcast sky with a plane coming in view once in a while so I probably wont bother posting it.
Dec 02, 2018, 10:59 PM
skumgummi dave
I would enjoy a still pic of the current configuration of the box wing if you can.

Dave-
Dec 03, 2018, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
Took the box out today, it was a little windy but it flew pretty good with the latest adjustments. Flew the VX-30 this morning and that went well...
Congrats and congrats!
Yep, a few pics of the final configuration with the CG marked would be of interest
Dec 03, 2018, 06:40 AM
I'll try to remember to take a few pics when I get off work. And I've been updating the plans, so I'll post those also.
Like Nuteman said earlier, the rudder can make for some interesting and fun flying but it also gave me better control when those gusts of wind started pushing the plane around.
Last edited by Timbo383; Dec 04, 2018 at 12:43 PM.
Dec 04, 2018, 05:36 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Good on ya timbo! Good to see your latest version is flying well
Dec 04, 2018, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Good on ya timbo! Good to see your latest version is flying well
Thanks Duke. Hey I found the concept picture of the VX-30 you did a while back and have been playing with it since I've gotten better with plans and building planes. It kinda looks like the picture and of course it still has the V-tails you like.https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...pt-space-plane
Dec 04, 2018, 08:27 PM
The pictures and updated pdf.
Last edited by Timbo383; Dec 04, 2018 at 08:36 PM.
Dec 04, 2018, 09:23 PM
skumgummi dave
Thanks Timbo. Great work! Persistence pays dividends...

Dave-
Dec 04, 2018, 10:39 PM
Wait, what, I'm getting paid?

Quick Reply