Jun 05, 2001, 12:36 AM

Battery charger quesion for a Zagi 400X?

I just bought a Zagi 400X which comes with the 1700 mAh Battery and I need to buy a Battery charger. I have no clue what type to get that is relatively inexpensive but does the job correctly. Also I would like the charger to plug in the wall, not a 12v battery. What do you recommend?
Thanks!
Josh
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2001, 01:05 AM
Actually, after studying a little I think I do want one that hooks up to a battery. What do you think about the Multiplex Pico Charger? Will this work?
Thanks!
Josh
Jun 05, 2001, 05:37 PM
...back up to the top...

Anyone have any suggestions for Josh??
Jun 05, 2001, 09:30 PM
If your going to stay into this electric flying stuff, I would have to use the same rule of thumb as buying a radio, GET THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD. Borrow if you have to.
I've got 4 or 5 cheapy chargers laying around that dont get used anymore since I bought my 'good' one.

Which one ?, 2 come to mind, Astroflight's 112D Digital Peak or Hitec's CG-335 Digital Peak. Both are good chargers, both have digital readout and adjustable amp output.

Better yet, drop to the next lower model(either brand) without digital readout and get the "Wattmeter". The Wattmeter gives you alot more info as to whats going on with your battery and you can use it to measure your motor output as well. Could come in real handy later on if you get deep into this stuff.

Hitec http://www.hitecrcd.com/Catalog/Chargers/chargers.html

Astroflight http://www.astroflight.com/chargers.html

Wattmeter http://www.astroflight.com/Whattmeter.html
Jun 06, 2001, 08:19 AM
Take a look at the Simprop/FMA/Dymond unit for a little over $100. It seems to have the best Bang for the Buck!
I like the Hitec 335, however..
..a
Jun 06, 2001, 11:30 AM
Would a BC67 Digital Peak Charger AC/DC work well for the 8 cell 1700 mAh Battery?
Josh
Jun 06, 2001, 11:56 AM
Yes
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh C:
Would a BC67 Digital Peak Charger AC/DC work well for the 8 cell 1700 mAh Battery?
Josh
Jun 06, 2001, 12:41 PM
I bought a cheapo charger at first too, and as some famous E flyer says "Buy cheap, buy twice", I paid for it in the end. I ruined a battery pack or two and limited several battery pack's useful life because I couldn't tell that I was overcharging the packs. Go with a good charger (Astro 110D) and get the AC adapter. You will simply never regret shelling out the cash.
will
Jun 07, 2001, 01:36 AM
A lot of guys in my club were charging their Zagis with chargers intended to field charge tx and rx packs. Don't get one of these. They do not peak the cells.
I have an astroflight 112d and wish I had followed foambattery's advice about the whatt meter. The 112d has one built in but you can't use it for any thing but charging.
-fish

Quick Reply