This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 22, 2015, 05:07 PM
Any idea what is causing this I also notice when a do like a pitch pump motor 1 right front seems like it speeds up before the other ones and tilts the quad to the back left for a second.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2015, 08:15 AM
Hello,

Be sure your ESC all have the same exact settings. Be sure you have calibrated them one at a time connected to your RX exactly the same. Also, be sure you have reset level flight, reset gyros and re-run the RX Wizard with all trims centered.

Regards, John
Jan 13, 2016, 07:25 AM
Marty, Louisiana USA
I love my eagle trees. I have bought 6 of them total and only lost one in a quad I put together because I ventured out too far beyond my battery capability. Yesterday I had an error message as follows - "ESC Saturation" during a flight on my quad. I use 2010 1080 kv motors with 20 amp gemfan esc's. Thanks
Last edited by arbtmn; Jan 13, 2016 at 07:40 AM.
Jan 13, 2016, 08:42 AM
Hello,

Please see section "9 Notification Messages" in the manual. It explains all error/notification messages, including this one.

Regards, John
Jan 13, 2016, 05:44 PM
Marty, Louisiana USA
ok. i must have missed it in the manual. Sir. One more thing please. I started to build my own quads and install your ET gear. I started out as a flying wing guy. Now everything is working fine except for one thing. I have serious pitch ocsillations at times on the quad. I am not a racer but more of a sight seer with the quads. It rocks back and forth almost spinning out of control. I can't go very fast due to this issue as well. It seems to me to be a gain issue of some sort? I am using cheap gem fan 20 amp escs. They are not programmable. I do plan on using readymaderc blheli 20 am opto escs. Thanks
Last edited by arbtmn; Jan 13, 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Jan 13, 2016, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbtmn View Post
ok. i must have missed it in the manual. Sir. One more thing please. I started to build my own quads and install your ET gear. I started out as a flying wing guy. Now everything is working fine except for one thing. I have serious pitch ocsillations at times on the quad. I am not a racer but more of a sight seer with the quads. It rocks back and forth almost spinning out of control. I can't go very fast due to this issue as well. It seems to me to be a gain issue of some sort? I am using cheap gem fan 20 amp escs. They are not programmable. I do plan on using readymaderc blheli 20 am opto escs. Thanks
See page 1
Jan 15, 2016, 07:54 AM
Marty, Louisiana USA
Thanks. OK I read up on PID gain settings and have a pretty good grip. So the tutorial was helpful. I am not a racer quad guy but more of sight seeing flyer. So most gain adjustments in the tutorial are geared to more aggressive maneuvers. But if I understand correctly my pitch oscillations could be due too much Proportional outer and inner gain? The Vector default is at 30 in both fields. So perhaps I could start by lowering this number? Thanks
Jan 15, 2016, 02:24 PM
i would certainly try lower gains but then it might get to soft and mushy to control. props/ motors balanced? to much vibe on the vector?
Jan 15, 2016, 07:09 PM
Marty, Louisiana USA
I think my props are the problem - 10x5 Slow Flight props. It only acts up when I get a little forward speed and on windy days. Maybe I have too much prop. Now it will hover all day long in loiter on windy days but as soon as I start moving it around it starts to act up almost flipping backwards.
Apr 25, 2016, 12:38 PM
I'm having a problem with Yaw. in 3-D or Acro rate mode the pitch and roll are fine. I tried increasing and decreasing the yaw i and d setting and the rate for yaw with no success. Yaw overshoots and bounces back when I turn it. this is generally a problem with the derivative. But since the vector doesn't have the derivative for yaw on the flight controller I'm at a loss on how to correct it. I had this issue on my naze32 and once I adjusted the derivative on the yaw it corrected the bounce back. not sure how to fix it on the vector
Apr 25, 2016, 12:44 PM
Smasher of foam
The latest beta firmware added Integral and Derivative functions for yaw.
Apr 25, 2016, 01:01 PM
awesome, good tip. I'm on the last stable version 11.78, so I will upload the latest beta thanks man
May 22, 2016, 02:57 AM
Hey guys this is a great tutorial! Is there anything similar that would be more applicable to tuning a QAV500 in 2d and 2d+ and also getting loiter dialled in?
May 23, 2016, 09:47 AM
Hello,

The tuning procedure for a larger frame is the same as described in this tutorial. As for loiter, we recommend assigning a knob to Position Hold Gain and then Braking Aggressiveness, adjusting as needed.

Regards, John
May 25, 2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks very much. I got her flying great! Far better than my pixhawk ever was.