Aug 25, 2015, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

R/C Lander Hawker Hunter 6S - Shoreham Hunter crash.

Hi guys,
As all of us in the U.K know,there was a major accident at the Shoreham air show with a Hawker Hunter crashing onto a road killing about 20 people at the last count. I have a Lander Hunter on 6S which is a great flyer but I'm reluctant to fly her now as mark of respect to the people who lost their lives. My question is, would you do the same and would you fly a model aircraft which was associated with such an accident ? I'm going to wait quite a while till i fly her again. Would like to know what you would do ? By the way, mine is in the rainbow scheme in the photo.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2015, 03:04 PM
I would say it is no more disrespectful than say going on a beach holiday (in respect to the 30 Britons gunned down in Tunisia on the beach recently). A long way of saying it isn't disrespectful.

It is a tragic accident and I'm sure lessons will be learnt and the rules no doubt changed.

Airshows will continue this weekend and many people will continue to enjoy aviation sports.

If you feel uncomfortable you could always have ask for a minutes silence before you take it up next out of respect.
Aug 25, 2015, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkenzini
I would say it is no more disrespectful than say going on a beach holiday (in respect to the 30 Britons gunned down in Tunisia on the beach recently). A long way of saying it isn't disrespectful.

It is a tragic accident and I'm sure lessons will be learnt and the rules no doubt changed.

Airshows will continue this weekend and many people will continue to enjoy aviation sports.

If you feel uncomfortable you could always have ask for a minutes silence before you take it up next out of respect.
Thanks Kirkenzini, I get your drift. I'm sure I will fly my Hunter again - still think the Hunter is the most beautiful jet fighter of her era - thanks again.
Aug 25, 2015, 08:25 PM
Flew my Hunter today, and will likely fly again tomorrow.
Shame about the crash and death toll but life goes on. Hopefully something can be learned by other airshow pilots to prevent another accident like this.

Quick Reply