Aug 23, 2015, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
New Product

DXL Racing Quad from DRONEXLABS

Now taking orders at www.DRONEXLABS.com

DRONEXLABS is a company of friends & engineers who all happen to share a passion for FPV. Our professional designs include the Hyper X, Hyper C, Piranha, and the original DXL Racing Quad! We began our journey by sourcing high quality carbon fiber for our frames, which we then optimized for weight distribution, aerodynamics, durability, and accessibility of components. We then carefully sourced and tested all other hardware and electronics to ensure quality, and 100% compatibility across the board. Lastly, we consolidated everything into kit form for the DXL Racing Quad and created supplemental media to ensure that even the most novice of hobbyists can safely and effectively build their own adrenaline pumping FPV machines!

PRODUCTS

Hyper X (Available in 5" frame)

Lighter El Verde "Special Edition" for racing is also available:

Diamond (Available in 5" frame, 3mm or 4mm CF Thickness)

Hyper C (Available in 6" frame)

Piranha (Available in 4", 5", and 6" X or H frames)

DXL Racing Quad

DIRTY BUILD:

CLEAN BUILD:

KIT COMPONENTS:

KEY FEATURES OF THE DXL RACING QUAD:

Symmetry:

-An even and balanced axis makes for faster & more precise turns (roll, pitch and yaw) requiring less motor head room to maintain flight, which means faster top speeds and no loss of speed/thrust in banks and turns

-Has no custom mixes or “funny stuff” - all the motors have exactly the same amount of leverage on the frame as one another making it easier to tune, and easier to fly

Two frame configuration option:

-Our frame design offers two configurations. A “clean section design” supported on rubber vibration dampeners, or a “dirty design” where you can leave out a clean plate entirely and bolt the top hardware directly onto the bottom frame, reducing payload and overall height

-A clean design is able to capture more stable GoPro/mobius footage, while the dirty design allows for maximum racing speed!

Motor’s center of thrust is outside of the frame:

-Allows for more precision in hard turns and better all round handling due to the weight being inside the axis of thrust (like an F1 car)

-Less sensitivity to changes in the center of gravity (camera mounts, different battery weights, etc…)

Adjustable FPV camera angle:

-Our frame enables you to adjust the tilt of your FPV camera for different speeds or different styles of flying

-Our camera mounting system utilizes rubber O-rings to help reduce vibrations and keep the plate in place

Centralised electronics stack w/ vTX mounting plate:

-Ensures weight is kept centralized for as much balance as possible

-Easier to wire, install, and access
Reduces risk of damage to valuable electronics (PDB, Naze32, vTX)

Easily adjustable arms:

-The same arm can run in 5” or 6” setup without having to remove it from the frame, or solder/disconnect motors and ESCs

-Adjustment only takes 1 minute
Unique design means you only need to remove 1 bolt per arm, slide it to desired length, and replace bolt

Captive nuts throughout the frame:

-No need to keep a track of nuts when changing arm lengths or making changes in the field, they simply won’t go missing because they are pressed into the carbon frame!

-Only one hex tool need to put together the frame

Adjustable vibration dampened HD camera mount:

-Revolutionary camera mounting vibration dampeners. We worked with a specialized production group to improve materials, flight characteristics, video production and vibration reduction

-Both Mobius and Gopro ready

-Adjustable camera angle for varying speeds

Major impact protection:

-Zip tie mount holes to support both clean frame and HD camera dampeners

-Zip tie mount holes for battery lead ensuring your connection to the power distribution board is not ripped out if the battery ejects
FPV camera is set back behind nose to ensure no damage on impacts at speed

-More material around all the bolt holes to prevent bolts being torn through the side of the frame

-No material removed for “aesthetics” or under the guise of “weight reduction”, this ensures the stiffest, strongest frame possible

Metal hardware:

-Frame is held together using metal bolts and captive nuts, which ensures the frame can withstand even the hardest of impacts

-Prevents valuable electronics being torn out and destroyed during crashes due to the frame shearing apart

Antenna Mounts:

-Frame mounting hole for video transmitter antenna

-2 antenna mount holes for flight control receiver diversity rx’s like Frsky DR4, ensuring the best possible range

Thanks for checking us out everyone , and please feel free to share any questions, comments, or feedback you may have. We realize the “ultimate” racing quad is not an absolute destination, but rather a goal to be relentlessly driven towards. That’s why it is our vision to tactfully combine our core team’s experience with ongoing community based feedback loops!

Current DXL Team Pilot Roster:

Wyll Surf Air - YouTube
LowandFast - YouTube
Humboldt710 - YouTube
SEKILE - YouTube
AndriuP6 - YouTube
Ehitaja - YouTube
El_Verde - YouTube
Womp - YouTube
Georgia FPV - YouTube
GoatD - YouTube
FuriousP - YouTube
zeDoSauRus - YouTube
IronicGti - YouTube
Razip - YouTube
Ricardo Teixeira-FPV - YouTube
LokiFPV - YouTube
djdjm600 - YouTube
FasLaDat - YouTube
FIGGOAT - YouTube
Ruben Caser - YouTube
ZINK FPV - YouTube
ATOM X - YouTube
ARTHUS - YouTube
Dani Pacha - YouTube
Mr Banano - YouTube
1up - YouTube
KidCutty - YouTube
Maverick - YouTube
Deep Impact - YouTube
Fastlane - YouTube

Team Pilot - LokiFPV:

WinterRallyNorwayFPV Pursuit (2 min 3 sec)

High Bridge FPV Fun DXL(NORWAY) (3 min 2 sec)

Team Pilot - El Verde:

Love this shit - Amazing Drone Racing Day ! - FPV (3 min 5 sec)

DroneXLabs - Hyper - X - El Verde Edition! - Hardcore Extreme Props Testing (7 min 21 sec)

Team Pilot - Dani Pacha:

DXL Piranha X 5 Racing Practise (2 min 39 sec)

Testing prototipe DXL (5 min 7 sec)

Team Pilot - Wyll Surf Air:

KISSing the ground (4 min 21 sec)

Dancing with elk (3 min 30 sec)

Humboldt Drone Racing -- DXL Racing Quad VS Blackout VS Charpu 210 (3 min 21 sec)

The Good Old Days -- FPV Freestyle with the DXL Racing Quad (2 min 33 sec)

BetaFlight V2 (1 min 45 sec)

Outta My Mind FPV Freestyle (3 min 43 sec)

Psycho Drone Racing with DXL Racing Quad VS QAV250 VS Blackout (5 min 18 sec)

Team Pilot - LowandFast:

DXL mini racing (3 min 18 sec)

DXL mini mini testing (3 min 32 sec)

DXL mini mini first flights (2 min 55 sec)

Back into it - DXL mini (2 min 40 sec)

Team Pilot - SEKILE:

Sljeme Tour (2 min 30 sec)

DXL TEAM CROATIA (3 min 18 sec)

OSIJEK AIR AHOW 2015 - DXL (2 min 8 sec)

GARAGE MAIDEN (2 min 10 sec)

UNDERGROUND - DVR (0 min 54 sec)

Team Pilot - Humboldt710:

Speed Run in the Trees (2 min 25 sec)

FPV 1 Year Later... (2 min 9 sec)

Two Drones Start, Who Will Finish? (2 min 16 sec)

Raw Flight Drone Racing @ Cooper Gulch Park (1 min 16 sec)

Team Pilot - Ehitaja:

FPV Telliskivi X-Race (1 min 31 sec)

Team Pilot - andriuP:

Abandoned house - FPV Proximity (1 min 7 sec)

The Wormhole - FPV (1 min 42 sec)

Team Pilot - Womp:

Trying some laps with home made gate (1 min 57 sec)

Medusa (3 min 47 sec)

My Eagle (2 min 58 sec)

Team Pilot - FasLaDat:

New Year, New Awesome (1 min 57 sec)

Pali Cliff diving, Low Battery Landing, Perfect Timing (2 min 21 sec)

FPV Drizzle (2 min 26 sec)

Team Pilot - Ironicgti:

Fpv 2015 goodbye (2 min 47 sec)

Freestyler playground (2 min 50 sec)

Team Pilot - FuriousP:

FuriusP - Glimpse (4 min 23 sec)

Cypriot October Fpv Meet - Furiusp (2 min 20 sec)

Team Pilot - GoatD:

Backyard FPV race track! (2 min 15 sec)

Dxl 250 - Air to air (2 min 40 sec)

Dxl 250 | Backyard fun | Betaflight 2.2.0 (2 min 33 sec)

DXL 250 | Backyard Fun | Christmas special (1 min 49 sec)

Team Pilot - Figgoat:

DXL Mini H Race Quad | Bleed it out (2 min 44 sec)

Stay connected with us:
DXL Facebook
DXL Twitter
DXL YouTube
DXL Instagram
www.DRONEXLABS.com
TwitchTV
Last edited by DroneXLabs; May 15, 2016 at 04:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2015, 10:48 PM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Woohoo a DXL thread

I've been having a blast with one for a little while. (aka TP Womp).

I've attached what my build looked like in March. I've thrashed the hell out of it since then. Its spent most of its flight time in the forest.

It doesn't look that shiny any more

I've since reconfigured mine, moving the arms into the 5" position, switched to 4S and 5045 bull nose props. I've also taken the clean layer out (can build with or without).
Last edited by neilmc; Aug 26, 2015 at 11:46 PM.
Aug 26, 2015, 11:38 PM
Professional UAV Services
Great to see you guys are off and running.

I personally prefer running dirty build as well (race setup) but I like the 2208's on 6" arms on 4S using 5x4.5 3 blade props. These things really take a beating and have a great way of changing the arms without the need to resolder anything, means you can change a broken arm (if it happens at all) in the field by just pulling out 4 bolts, swap in the new arm and replace 4 bolts (2 for the arm 2 for the motor). The thing you notice the most though is just how well they fly/handle, the symmetrical frame design makes such a big difference to the overall appeal of this frame IMO.

Not sure if this is how they are producing them, it certainly looked like a DroneXlabs mini baby factory to me.......

The vibration dampeners they have designed are also amazingly good (so much so that I used them on my latest "portable/camping" fixed wing build , I was very surprised just how good they are and love the fact they come in 3 different lengths.
Aug 26, 2015, 11:45 PM
hi guys, I followed neil here to this thread. hi neil

will be reading up and catching on the content, just wanted to drop a hello and subscribe to the thread

interested in knowing more about dxl so will be reading up on this topic cheers
Aug 26, 2015, 11:53 PM
CunningStuntsFPV
Great stuff guys. Hi to everyone and looking forward to some "bench racing" in here.
Aug 26, 2015, 11:54 PM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph3LK
hi guys, I followed neil here to this thread. hi neil

will be reading up and catching on the content, just wanted to drop a hello and subscribe to the thread

interested in knowing more about dxl so will be reading up on this topic cheers
Hey Joseph
Aug 27, 2015, 12:01 AM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner
5x4.5 3 blade props.
I still need to try some of those! I've seen others swear by 5x4.5 3 blade.

I've got a bit of a stockpile of regular props at the moment, but I might as well add to the pile.

+1 for the ease of arm swap out and adjustment.
Aug 27, 2015, 12:09 AM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgoat
Great stuff guys. Hi to everyone and looking forward to some "bench racing" in here.
Hi figgoat Thanks for suggesting the dirty build. Love it.

There's probably a bit more vibration above the motor platform, but the camera mount is handling it fine.

Now that it's a bit shorter, I've got a bit more chance of getting through the gaps.
Aug 27, 2015, 04:57 AM
CunningStuntsFPV
Hi Neil....I am testing 5x4x3 HQ props atm...love the performance and is such a sweet aural note when it's being thrashed. The only downside is they don't like to be crashed. Wish the props were just half as tough as the frame. Frame is virtually unbreakable.
Aug 27, 2015, 06:06 AM
youtube.com/adampotts
Looking good people!!!
Aug 27, 2015, 07:24 AM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgoat
Hi Neil....I am testing 5x4x3 HQ props atm...love the performance and is such a sweet aural note when it's being thrashed. The only downside is they don't like to be crashed. Wish the props were just half as tough as the frame. Frame is virtually unbreakable.
I clearly need to order some three blade props
Aug 27, 2015, 02:50 PM
CunningStuntsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc
I clearly need to order some three blade props
You will be stoked with the performance.
Aug 27, 2015, 07:34 PM
Professional UAV Services
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP63
Looking good people!!!

Hey hey the prodigal son has returned from his adventures OS
Aug 28, 2015, 12:23 AM
Drone X Labs Team Pilot
Sweet glad to see this up and going. I love my DXL frames. I currently have a 5" dirty build and a 6" clean build. Both are flying great and will be going with me to compete in the road to the California cup race this Saturday. I am super busy at the moment with school starting and the up coming race but I am excited to see this awesome frame get out to the public and for all the new things coming from DXL. I will post a few pics of my builds.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:45 AM
Always moving forwards

My Favourite Mini Quad! DXL Racing Quad!!!

Stoked there is an official DXL Racing Quad thread on RCGroups! This is my favourite mini I've ever ripped around the skies. So well balanced and tuned... I flew for ages with the 2204 setup but now can't get off the buzz the 2208's are giving me. They have sooo much punch and top end speed. I have to say this frame is tough as nails too. I have given it dozens of stiff slams into every object imaginable and it just keeps taking it.

Thanks for all the help DXL team with all the hardware selection and compatibility. It made it loads easier for a newbie like me to get into the air and ripping around like my idols.

Quick Reply