FlySky FS-i6 8 channels firmware patch! - Page 51 - RC Groups
May 10, 2016, 05:11 AM
East Midlands Multi-Rotor
Dumb question time. To use iBus do I just connect the ibus pins on the receiver to the PPM pins on the flight controller, then tell the flight controller (Naze32 and/or Lumenier Lux but running Betaflight 2.7.0) to use sbus. Or do I need to connect to one of the UARTS instead.

Sorry for such a daft question, but I'd really like more than 6 channels without having to replace a perfectly good radio. I just can't find the info anywhere.

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2016, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindoPip
Dumb question time. To use iBus do I just connect the ibus pins on the receiver to the PPM pins on the flight controller, then tell the flight controller (Naze32 and/or Lumenier Lux but running Betaflight 2.7.0) to use sbus. Or do I need to connect to one of the UARTS instead.

Sorry for such a daft question, but I'd really like more than 6 channels without having to replace a perfectly good radio. I just can't find the info anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Try to search and you will find this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2588546

Needs a serial port aka USART
May 10, 2016, 05:28 AM
East Midlands Multi-Rotor
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Try to search and you will find this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2588546

Needs a serial port aka USART
Thank you, I did try a search, but clearly used the wrong keywords. Will read through this now, cheers!
May 10, 2016, 06:37 AM
Abomination
Well I've tried everything!!! I've tried original FW from Turnigy, Flysky and Novax.
Then back to 10ch mod v1.5. switched from ppm to pwm and back 10 times.
Tried re binding rx's in each FW version but still have the same problem.
Voltage Sensor is recognized as IntV2 and can't be alarmed. I think I will just have to give up
May 10, 2016, 07:28 AM
What voltage sensor do you have ? And from where ? BangGood ? HobbyKing ? Elsewhere ? Did you try to press the update button on the Rx when all was connected ?
May 10, 2016, 08:36 AM
Abomination
I have both the AVT01 and the CVT01 and use both FS Ia6b and TGY ia10 receivers. (3x TGY AVT01 from Hobbyking & FS CVT01 from Banggood)
On my TGY i10 transmitter both receivers and sensors are recognized as EXT2 but on my TGY i6 transmitter the sensors are recognized as INTV2. Not sure but this makes me think the problem is with the transmitter
Tried the update button just now with no change on i6 and i10 responds with RX firmware is already up to date.
Hasn't changed the Sensor problem.
Last edited by abomination01; May 10, 2016 at 08:52 AM.
May 10, 2016, 03:16 PM
I have the fs cvt-01 from banggood. And everything works here. Ever tried to reset TX?

Photos as evidence attached.
May 11, 2016, 04:07 AM
Abomination
If you mean the factory reset from the menu then yes I've tried it.
My RX Battery screen looks the same as yours and I can set it to Ext LiPo but this monitors nothing so I just get an empty battery symbol flashing on the home screen.
The other 2 screens don't have ExtV shown, only IntV, IntV 2, TX.V1 and Err 1.
May 11, 2016, 06:23 AM
So the problems seems to be that your ExtV is recognized as IntV2. Possible by a different firmware on either the iA6B or the CVT01. All my iA6B are from BG, as well as my sensor.
Does the TX display correct voltage from the CVT01 ?
If you have multiple sensors, does anything happen if you daisy chain them ? Will one be discovered/programmed as ExtV 2?
Just try to do the out of the box troubleshooting.
Will stock firmware see it as ExtV2 ? Maybe a complaint with BG.

My sensor is SKU 976303 - bought March 1st.
May 11, 2016, 07:41 AM
Abomination

Voltage Sensor Alarm

Voltage displays fine as Int V2
Tried daisy chaining and ended up with Int V3 LoL!
My latest theory is that binding to the i10 has uploaded the latest firmware which is causing the problem with the i6....Maybe ???
I have ordered a new ia6b and will bind only with the i6 without any updates.
Stock firmware shows the same thing and so does every firmware I have loaded Turnigy, Flysky and Novax.
Last edited by abomination01; May 11, 2016 at 07:46 AM.
May 11, 2016, 09:08 AM
Instructions to upgrade firmware on RX is here. Not sure if you should do it with sensors connected or not.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1573078X36.pdf

• Choose menu [RX setup] and choose submenu [Update receiver].
• A request will pop up and ask for confirmation. If you are sure, press [YES].
• Now the transmitter is waiting for the receiver.
• Power on your receiver. Press the update button on your TGY-i10 or TGYiA6B
V2 receiver. (Please see pictures here in the document).
• Wait until the update is finished.
• Repeat this for any receiver you have, including any newly purchased receiver.
May 11, 2016, 09:10 AM
What happens if you put IntV3 as only sensor ? does it stay as Int V3 ?
Try the firmware RX upgrade if possible.
May 11, 2016, 10:14 AM
Hi all

Just to test something out I just selcted a new model on my i6 and bound it to a TGY-i10 receiver with TGY-AVT01 Voltage sensor just to see what happens now I have hadit working on this Transmitter and surprise surprise its back to square one, with it only showing IntV2 instead of ExtV2

This is very Bizarre

On a side note when it is working what are the correct voltages needed for a 3 cell lipo pack

I have

Lo 11.10v (3.7)
Al 11.40v (3.8)
Hi 12.60v (4.2)

Whats the correct ones to set.

Thanks

Paul
Last edited by Paul80; May 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM.
May 11, 2016, 01:38 PM
Max 4.2v Per cell.
Alarm whatever you are comfortable with. Often 3.3-3.7 volts.
Empty is the value you want to show as empty. 3.0-3.5v per cell
May 11, 2016, 01:42 PM
You can run battery to 3.0V under load - it will bounce up when load goes away. But put alarm higher. If you glide and it is at 3.3V then trottle might bring it under 3.0V.
3.3 empty. 3.5-3.6 alarm are good settings.