May 01, 2017, 10:08 AM
@dovcharov
I have tried your file It looks like different MCU because it wont boot on my IA6B.
Codebase seems to be the same I so I have changes AD frame handling and serial port assignment.
Here you have patched binary.
Address: 0x08000000
Size: 0x8000

What is your device id?
Quote:
16:37:27 : Device ID:0x444
16:37:27 : Device flash Size : 32KBytes
16:37:27 : Device family :STM32F030x4/F030x6
16:37:42 : Binary File closed.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2017, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qba667
On windows 7 you can try python updater. Few pages before someone complain about basei6 updater on windows 7 as well.
and they complained about xp not working ,, but it worked for me on xp and xp pro
patched through the trainer port with usb cable....worked first time
May 01, 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qba667
What is your device id?
Thanks, qba667. I'll try to flash it today or tomorrow.
Last edited by dovcharov; May 01, 2017 at 11:49 PM.
May 03, 2017, 02:20 AM
@qba667 Okay, this was a long testing, but in the end I could get some results. I flashed my IA6B receiver with same_serial custom firmware, that you provided for me. It booted up fine. But no matter how hard I tried - i could not get same_serial receiver and telemetry with single-wire connection on Sens port:
1. If I enabled on UART port both IBUS telemetry AND SerialRX, and connected RX to FC on SENS pin, the FC would freese
2. If I enabled on UART port both IBUS telemetry AND SerialRX, and connected RX to FC on SERVO pin, I could get control working, but no telemetry.
3. If I enabled on UART port only IBUS telemetry, and connected RX to FC on SENS pin, I could get telemetry working, but no control.

At last, I took the adapter cable which we discussed earlier (with diode and 10K Resistor), and with it, I managed to make everything working. My receiver gets full telemetry data (with coordinates, Mode, arm state, speed, etc) and FC gets control signals via the adapter through both servo and sens ports on same UART TX pin.

One issue that I've found, is when TX is powered up, if I turn off and then turn on the RX, the transmitter starts beeping and is not able to restore telemetry and RSSI info. I need to turn off and on transmitter as well.
May 03, 2017, 03:34 AM
@dovcharov Thanks for testing and feedback. Yesterday I have prepared my other setup for iNav. I will try it first with Cleanflight then with iNav. The first use case should be working - I will keep you updated. The issue you discovered I was not aware. Have you configured some alarms? Beeps are time taking and maybe I should only perform them if connection is active - I think I have checked last telemetry update time - but maybe I block communication somehow. I will try to reproduce it and provide solution.
May 03, 2017, 05:23 AM
No, all my alarms are None. BTW, these beeps start when RX comes back online. When it's offline - there are no beeps. As I mentioned, transmitter does not resume receiving telemetry, including RSSI value (I can't see any Err if RX was turned off and then turned on), so I think TX starts beeping because it cannot detect any RX voltage information.
May 03, 2017, 05:00 PM
@dovcharov I just verified​ use case 1 from your test my F3 flight controller also freezes. Looking at logic alayzer it looks correct. I have to think what is the difference and possibly debug FC - maybe endless loop occurred.
May 04, 2017, 01:23 AM
@qba667. Oh, and I forgot to mention. My DeviceID of IA6B is STM32F030x4/F030x6. Device 0x444, Rev 1.0
May 04, 2017, 11:02 AM
@hali9: Inav 1.7.0 has been released. Will you update your iNav fork to newest version?

Also, when I compiled your inav version with IBUS channels = 14, the telemetry on FS-I6 was corrupted. With iBUS channels = 11 everything works fine.
May 05, 2017, 01:41 AM
@dovcharov Yes, I will. I also test 14 channel.

Here is: https://github.com/hali9/inav/releases
I testing indoor only - works well. Not fly yet.

I had two flights today with no issue. As for me, everything is fine.
Last edited by hali9; May 06, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
May 05, 2017, 04:29 PM
Last week I was able to get the Hali9 firmware up and going thanks to your help here. Truly appreciate it! Made a quick video so others can enjoy it without bugging you with the same questions I did maybe Cheers Guys. Great work!

Alarms & Flight Timer for FSi6 | Make $50 Radio AMAZING with FREE Firmware Update! (5 min 42 sec)
May 05, 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKME Lab
Last week I was able to get the Hali9 firmware up and going thanks to your help here. Truly appreciate it! Made a quick video so others can enjoy it without bugging you with the same questions I did maybe Cheers Guys. Great work!
qba667 is actually the point man on this project.
Hali9 is working on the iNav bit.
May 05, 2017, 06:46 PM
Cool stuff. I have not been able to find the firmware .bin file though. Anyone have a link to it?
May 06, 2017, 12:48 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
Cool stuff. I have not been able to find the firmware .bin file though. Anyone have a link to it?

If you look through the video it shows you the post number where the bin file is

or here
May 06, 2017, 12:51 PM
Thanks, I missed it in the video.

Quick Reply