whether it works with a ST Link as USB stick from china is not known to me
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2017, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234
Read this ---> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1410

It worked well with my Discovery F4 Board with ST-Link
whether it works with a ST Link as USB stick from china is not known to me
Thank you for helping me. I am i little bit confused and don't know where to start. So the utility wont work, right?

The link you quotet contained this:

1.) https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1360

2.) https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink

3.) https://www.segger.com/jlink-st-link.html

for ST-Link is it available here!

4.)http://www.st.com/en/embedded-softwa...oductId=SC1887

What should i do? The 4th link shows the utiliy what i already have.

There is also the possibility to use JTAG as port on the utility. Is this what i need?

Sorry for all the questions. I am newbie
Apr 06, 2017, 02:33 PM
Which adapter is used for st-link?
Please take a picture !
Apr 06, 2017, 04:04 PM
I am not sure if you can flash j_link to Chinese clone but you might try making CMSIS-DAP out of it:
https://mvdlande.wordpress.com/2015/...-mini-adapter/
But guys before were able to flash with oepnocd...
And here someone makes J-link from st-link:
https://adelectronics.ru/2016/11/20/...%D0%B2-j-link/
If the mcu is exactly STM32F103C8T6 then bytes must be changed in TLinkReflash.exe (v.161007):

00002568: 75 | 90
00002569: 66 | 90
000026AA: 74 | EB
Last edited by qba667; Apr 06, 2017 at 04:16 PM.
Apr 06, 2017, 05:14 PM
In my china clone is a built-in STM32F101CBT6

It works, cheap china clone ST-LINK V2 now works as J-LINK
Thanks @qba667 and the russians,
but with that patch we move again over the edge of the legality

If someone needs the patched STLinkReflash please PN
Last edited by snapper1234; Apr 06, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
Apr 07, 2017, 03:10 AM
Flyin' Finn in eternal spin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by qba667
@GasTeddy
-download this: https://github.com/ThomHPL/BaseI6_updater
-copy file with updater in name to same directory
-edit run.bat: replace flyplus_beta_20_01_16.hex with name of copied file (extension as well)
-enter tx in update mode
-run run.bat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Bastos
Follow @qba667 instructions. Just to explain, right click on run.bat file and just select "edit", don't select "open as" there was where I got trouble. Also select on folder options to show extensions on file names, so you can copy it's name with extension properly.
I should have taken long Hebrew at school, as this is it for me. I did as instructed. Or I think so. Something happened, but what, no idea. Still 6ch in PPM. I tried to download that heli fix file, and every time it opens EePe, what ever I do. I give up, I'm fine with this and that's it.

Thanks for your kind attempts to help, but my skills are more on a level "connect the cable and click update button". This run bats, rats and copy file names and paste them here or there... I presume that went wrong, as when I opened the updater zip, I could not find any file with "updater" in name (screenshots included), so I copied the name of the folder.

Apr 07, 2017, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTeddy
I should have taken long Hebrew at school, as this is it for me. I did as instructed. Or I think so. Something happened, but what, no idea. Still 6ch in PPM. I tried to download that heli fix file, and every time it opens EePe, what ever I do. I give up, I'm fine with this and that's it.

Thanks for your kind attempts to help, but my skills are more on a level "connect the cable and click update button". This run bats, rats and copy file names and paste them here or there... I presume that went wrong, as when I opened the updater zip, I could not find any file with "updater" in name (screenshots included), so I copied the name of the folder.

You're almost there. Don't give up now.

That file you downloaded from qba667, it contains 2 files

fix_full_03_16_21_33.bin
fix_updater_03_16_21_33.bin

Unzip it to get to the 'fix_updater_03_16_21_33.bin', then cut and paste that updater.bin in the BaseI6_Updater-master folder which contains the run.bat file .
Edit the run.bat file by replacing the filename which has the .bin to 'fix_updater_03_16_21_33.bin'(without the quotes), leaving all the arguments. The line should look something like what's in the attachment.
Save the edited run.bat .

Now, your flash should work.
Apr 08, 2017, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Follow @qba667 instructions. Just to explain, right click on run.bat file and just select "edit", don't select "open as" there was where I got trouble. Also select on folder options to show extensions on file names, so you can copy it's name with extension properly.
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadfly51
only use a ascii editor like notepad (.txt ) on windows for your bat file
editors like wordpad(.rtf) on windows puts some weird <return> characters
at the end of each line. and that can mess you up
i usually drag my bat, ini and other files into notepad and always have the whole
file name visible not hidden!!
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandoli
You're almost there. Don't give up now.

That file you downloaded from qba667, it contains 2 files

fix_full_03_16_21_33.bin
fix_updater_03_16_21_33.bin

Unzip it to get to the 'fix_updater_03_16_21_33.bin', then cut and paste that updater.bin in the BaseI6_Updater-master folder which contains the run.bat file .
Edit the run.bat file by replacing the filename which has the .bin to 'fix_updater_03_16_21_33.bin'(without the quotes), leaving all the arguments. The line should look something like what's in the attachment.
Save the edited run.bat .

Now, your flash should work.
And done. Didn't work... ... I consider myself as a hopeless case in this. I've met during my instructor career some similar ones, so I know, how hopeless you all feel, after all these advises...

I get six ch via IBUS/PPM, IBUS/PWM, SBUS/PPM and SBUS/PWM, when testing with simulator and this bit confuses me. Anyway, I get 10 ch in a receiver, that's the most important. I think this quite an achievement for me already...
Apr 08, 2017, 02:29 PM

Edited updater

I'm uploading the edited thom's updater with the heli variable pitch fix version, plus 8ch through trainner port and all the other mods. Just connect your Radio, turn on and put in update mode, then click run.bat and wait till the update finish. Don't give up GasTeddy
Apr 08, 2017, 03:11 PM
Quote:
I'm uploading the edited thom's updater with the heli variable pitch fix version, plus 8ch through trainner port and all the other mods. Just connect your Radio, turn on and put in update mode, then click run.bat and wait till the update finish. Don't give up GasTeddy
Well, the run.bat was with very text I used and I did it again, with your file. Same results. 6ch ppm. I'm cursed. Or this i6 is...

After asking "do you want to allow blaa blaa" I click yes, it's a rapid flash (well, this is called flashing) on a laptop screen and that's all. When I did it first time, there were some black boxes (com. promps or what are they called) jumping around for a few seconds, but after it with every attempt just a flash of perhaps half a second. I'm pretty sure there's a bad spirit living in here...
Last edited by GasTeddy; Apr 08, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Apr 08, 2017, 05:01 PM
@ GasTeddy I didn't realize it until a few hours ago, but I needed the same patch. make sure you extract that rar file into one folder and open it. Run the run.bat file from within that folder (just double click it) If that doesn't do it, try right clicking and select "run as administrator" I just did it with mine 2 minutes ago. make sure you have the tx plugged in, turned on in update mode before running the .bat file. that should really do it, unless maybe you have a connection issue with your cable. good luck!

@ Vitor Bastos thanks so much for posting that!
Apr 09, 2017, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
@ GasTeddy I didn't realize it until a few hours ago, but I needed the same patch. make sure you extract that rar file into one folder and open it. Run the run.bat file from within that folder (just double click it) If that doesn't do it, try right clicking and select "run as administrator" I just did it with mine 2 minutes ago. make sure you have the tx plugged in, turned on in update mode before running the .bat file. that should really do it, unless maybe you have a connection issue with your cable. good luck!

@ Vitor Bastos thanks so much for posting that!
Thanks, Wayne, but that is exactly what I've done. And my Windows 10 does not even give "run" but always "run as administrator". The cable worked fine, when I did the first upgrade to 10ch, It is just this heli update with 8ch PPM, what stubbornly refuses to go in. I'll continue after some break and brainstorming.

Just came to my mind, all these probs started after I downloaded EePeskye & EePe for my Ar9X board FS9X. I may remove it and try again, as it's easy and free to re-install from their site.
Apr 09, 2017, 05:08 PM
Fpv adventures
@qba667
In this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37113057

Is it correct that you have created an ibus .hex file for APM board (Atmega32u2 chip)?
Last edited by benbojangles; Apr 10, 2017 at 03:54 AM.
Apr 09, 2017, 05:14 PM

Cause of probs found

Faulty update cable... qba667 found it out... Big Thanks to him and new cable ordered. Let's see, when it arrives, I will have 16 ch from PPM...
Apr 10, 2017, 01:06 AM
@GasTeddy 8 channels over PPM.
@benbojangles no I have not, but implementation is very easy. The attached file was fix of previous issue with additional channels. But I am thinking if it makes any sense. I have seen that APM was lately able to handle 16 channels but the implementation is wired. At the end everything is converted back to PPM and main MCU decodes this PPM. In documentation of APM it is also mentioned that 9 channels can be handled correctly using "PPM v1 standard". So this can be changed in RX. Adding IBUS for APM will make only sense if it will be bidirectional one.
Last edited by qba667; Apr 10, 2017 at 03:36 AM.