Dec 12, 2015, 05:49 AM
Dave Borthwick, you rock! man.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2015, 06:12 AM
Hello,

I have quadcopter quanum nova and i need two channel for modes switch and one channel for gimbal. I think, is possible mixing 5ch (swc) with added new 7ch (swb) for 6 modes and 6channel leave for control gimbal with potentiometer?

Thank you
Dec 12, 2015, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojkas
Hello,

I have quadcopter quanum nova and i need two channel for modes switch and one channel for gimbal. I think, is possible mixing 5ch (swc) with added new 7ch (swb) for 6 modes and 6channel leave for control gimbal with potentiometer?

Thank you
I tried, but mixer is still 6ch
Dec 13, 2015, 03:43 AM
Dave Borthwick: is it possible add other channel for mixing?
Dec 13, 2015, 05:42 AM
Fpv adventures
Updater V1.2: Link here
Dec 13, 2015, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojkas
Dave Borthwick: is it possible add other channel for mixing?
Adding the new channels into the existing mixes is a big task, which would be nice, but is going to take a while to sort out as the mix code is a big block that I haven't really looked at yet.

What would be reasonably easy is that for the new channels (7 - 10), I could make the source a pair of switches to do a simple mix. This would be quite useful for flight controller modes and such. So the list of what could be assigned to channels 7 - 10 would be something like ...
None
Vr A
Vr B
Sw A
Sw B
Sw C
Sw D
Sw A&B (would give 4 levels)
Sw B&C (would give 6 levels)
Sw C&D (would give 6 levels)

Would that be useful to people? I guess it all depends if people can make their flight controller use channel 7 or beyond for mode select.
Dec 14, 2015, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave borthwick
I guess it all depends if people can make their flight controller use channel 7 or beyond for mode select.
At least for Arducopter (APM/PixHawk) flightmode is hardwired to channel 5.

But if you could make say Channel 10 = 6 flight modes, swC+swD, and allow channel 5 to be a copy/slave of channel 10 then that would be nice.

Or have a virtual switch swE = C+D in 6 flight modes config.
Dec 14, 2015, 08:13 AM
For me it would be sufficient if I had either a full-fledged one channel in addition to servo without any additional accessories or said fifth channel mix with a new channel. :-)
Dec 16, 2015, 03:35 PM
Did you guys see that iBus support has been merged to master of Cleanflight? It means now we can use iBus without converters with Cleanflight driven flight controllers. Yahoo!
https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/780
Dec 16, 2015, 03:41 PM
Yes, that is awesome, but I want it in Betaflight!
Dec 16, 2015, 06:17 PM
I know iBus is required for the FlySky telemetry modules, but what did it do versus PPM and PWM?
Dec 17, 2015, 01:07 PM
Fpv adventures
I'm personally wishing that the Arducopter code is updated with ibus support. It already has a PPM converter chip on the APM 2.6/2.7/2.8 board, and I wonder if this can be changed in code package to ibus?

If the cleanflight ibus code is available in C++ then I can probably look at incorporating it into a custom Arducopter/Arduino package (Remember MegaPirateNG code?)
Last edited by benbojangles; Dec 17, 2015 at 01:15 PM.
Dec 17, 2015, 02:24 PM
Just installed the latest version using Benbojangles' updater again.Worked well as ever. I have now 10 channels that work and 7-10 can be assigned to switches or pots. A bit surprised that my previous settings were still there, seems like the model memory is not affected by upgrading. I'm not a heli/quad man, planes only. I would need to have a few extra mixers involving the extra channels. Subtrim and endpoints would be nice too. It looks as if I won't easily be able to do this myself. May have a go anyway...
Dec 17, 2015, 04:03 PM
IBus code from baseflight / cleanflight is C.
Problem is, iBus is 115200 baud so would likely require an uart serial port.
Dec 17, 2015, 04:39 PM
Fpv adventures
I'm fairly sure that Arducopter Baudrate can be set as we like in Mission Planner, it's just that the Telemetry radios won't function above 57600. The USB port on the APM is set to 115200 baud as default, and the telemetry port can be set/changed from 57600 to 115200 baud. I'm fairly sure that the PWM/PPM rail is also adjustable too.

For uploading Arducopter 3.2 code to the APM, It's easy to upload and edit using Arduino IDE. The Mission Planner software isn't really required just for uploading firmwares. So, I'm wondering if downloading Arducopter 3.2, and editing for ibus, then uploading will work
Last edited by benbojangles; Dec 17, 2015 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply