Aug 24, 2015, 03:05 PM

sassy junior

I am interested in the sassy. Any chancy you could make the scheme look like the seniors covering if I agree to the full $100?

QUOTE=Captain Dunsel;32502501]Here are some specs on the scratch-builts:

Fairey Flycatcher: 360 sq. inches, about 31" span. Weight is 17 oz. with a 1000 Mah lipo. This plane is a real delight in light winds. Nice tight loops and decent rolls (but never try more than three in a row -- there's so much drag any fourth roll WILL wind up going straight down). Covered with painted Doculam. 4 HS-55 servos, Skatty motor, ESC, and UBEC.

Miss Bikini: Another 360 sq. inch, 16/17 oz. model with a Turnigy 450 motor. Climbs straight up at full throttle, then does a nice old-timer-ish glide. Covering is Litespan. Radio is 6 channel Orange receiver with two FMA servos.

Sassy: 252 sq. inch, 16 oz., includes Skatty motor, Orange receiver, and three HS-55 servos. This was our standard 'hack', until I built the Senior Sassy (which is NOT for sale -- Micki'd kill me!).

Tri-Pacer. Another 252 sq. inch, 16 oz. model with Skatty motor, Orange receiver, and Spektrum servos. Flies okay, but does sometimes emulate a bumblebee and spins like the proverbial top. Not a model for grass fields as the wheels are too small for them.

Honestly, I wouldn't be selling these models, except for that Micki and I have moved to a much smaller house and I HAVE to reduce the fleet. My plan is to go from building 3-4 small models every year to building 1-2 larger ones.[/QUOTE]
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2015, 04:55 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel View Post
The Tripacer's span is 37", and the Miss Bikini's is 48".

I'm asking $100 for each plane, but I'm willing to bargain (especially if I think the plane's going to a good home!).

I'm also very open to trading for servos or motors for planes 3-4 lbs. and around 300-400 watts power.

One more point about the Flycatcher: It needs a small receiver, preferably 5-6 channel (for aileron mixing and flaperons).

Bill
I'm extremely interested in the Tri-pacer, but would like to look it over before committing to buy. Could I be considered for first crack. Our group will be arriving on Sunday the 13th pm
Aug 24, 2015, 09:05 PM
Chris, no way am I going to redo the little Sassy to maker her look like her big sister. That took me a LONG time, even with a Gyro-Cutter (great gadget for cutting covering, I might add).

Foxhillag, we'll be up there the 13th, too. I'd rather you got to see and fly the plane before you plunk down money. These are all my own designs. I don't want anyone upset with them (or me!).

BTW, the Sassy, Tripacer, and Miss Bikini are all "bind and fly" ready for Spektrum radios (I swiped the Flycatcher's radio for Micki's mini-Cub. Sorry!). I'll have our transmitter with their setups along, so prospective buyers can try those 3 (if you have a receiver, we can bind it to the transmitter and try out the Flycatcher, too).

All of our models are set up for EC3 connectors, by the way. I'll bring along a few 3S1000 packs with EC3 connectors so the planes can be flown.

CD
Aug 24, 2015, 09:08 PM
Hi, Hank

We'll be at Blueberry (Port Republic) this week. Probably won't go to the beach this weekend, as we're not bake-in-the-sun people (although Micki does want to try para-sailing).

We'll be down at Cape May later in the year. We've been doing an annual trip down there every October, to celebrate our anniversary for the last 15 years. We've been meaning to stop by the WASP field when we get a chance. Usually, we visit the beach by the lighthouse, so we can walk our dogs on the sand (can't do that before Labor Day) and enjoy the hawk migrations.

Years ago, we flew Electrics at Sandman school on the weekends, before they put in solar cells, but now we mainly fly micros in the campground

CD
Aug 25, 2015, 05:30 AM
Now that's a low pass !!
"Foxhillag, we'll be up there the 13th, too. I'd rather you got to see and fly the plane before you plunk down money. These are all my own designs. I don't want anyone upset with them (or me!)."

Sounds fair enough I'll keep an eye out for you early in the week. Thanks..
Aug 25, 2015, 05:59 AM
Now that's a low pass !!
I have a few models for sale that I will be bringing

Maxford PT-17 Stearman 50" asking $165.00 or BO

Art Tech P-51 50" 50" asking $150.00 or BO

Maxford Northrop Gamma 40" asking $75.00 or BO

I can provide additional details on request
Last edited by Foxhillag1; Aug 25, 2015 at 06:33 AM.
Aug 25, 2015, 08:20 AM

so.........

( pun intended) what you are telling me, is that because its too much work, there is " no cover" charge? I will be there sunday/monday the 13th, I am definitly interested in the sassy, and might also want the miss bikini, I am a sucker for miss toledo-ish designs . Chris

Ps if you have a sencil or outline for the feather shape, in correct size, could I get a copy of it? I would have callie cut me the " feathers " in vinyl

CD[/QUOTE]
Aug 26, 2015, 09:46 PM
Yellow aircraft stingray edf..eflite 120 retracts, full mg servos, custom fan made by knife liddle. 400$
Aug 27, 2015, 08:33 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
Yellow aircraft stingray edf..eflite 120 retracts, full mg servos, custom fan made by knife liddle. 400$
Is it receiver and battery ready? What size batteries?
Aug 27, 2015, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY View Post
Is it receiver and battery ready? What size batteries?
No it is not receiver ready. You will need an escape for it..I flew it with 12s 5000 or 6000 pack it can also handle 13s safely
Aug 27, 2015, 12:34 PM
AMA 1242

shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel View Post
Hi, Hank

We'll be at Blueberry (Port Republic) this week. Probably won't go to the beach this weekend, as we're not bake-in-the-sun people (although Micki does want to try para-sailing).

We'll be down at Cape May later in the year. We've been doing an annual trip down there every October, to celebrate our anniversary for the last 15 years. We've been meaning to stop by the WASP field when we get a chance. Usually, we visit the beach by the lighthouse, so we can walk our dogs on the sand (can't do that before Labor Day) and enjoy the hawk migrations.

Years ago, we flew Electrics at Sandman school on the weekends, before they put in solar cells, but now we mainly fly micros in the campground

CD
If you come down around Oct. 10 stop by for TOYS FOR TOTS fun fly. The more the merrier Harold, must be 4 or 5 campgrounds right around our field 2 to 10 mins. away.
Last edited by jerseyhank; Aug 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: add
Aug 27, 2015, 02:04 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
No it is not receiver ready. You will need an escape for it..I flew it with 12s 5000 or 6000 pack it can also handle 13s safely
What Size ESC? I'm interested. When will you be coming to NEAT?
Aug 27, 2015, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY View Post
What Size ESC? I'm interested. When will you be coming to NEAT?
Dang auto correct..I meant you will need and esc for it... anyone 120hv esc will work fine..I will try to make it to the neat fair but I am not certain if I will be back in time for it....I also have a guy interested in it locally so i may sell or trade it with him
Aug 28, 2015, 07:29 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Dang auto correct..I meant you will need and esc for it... anyone 120hv esc will work fine..I will try to make it to the neat fair but I am not certain if I will be back in time for it....I also have a guy interested in it locally so i may sell or trade it with him
Let me know either way. Thanks.
Aug 28, 2015, 01:15 PM
Micki and I've been out camping, at a site without Internet service. It was the first time we were able to get out this year, and we really needed to checkout the camper before NEAT. So, if anyone though I was ignoring them, I (probably) wasn't!

Chris, "ve attached a .pdf of the Senior Sassy's plumage. If you want a .dxf of it, please say so. Traplet published the Senior Sassy in the September RCMW, but they didn't ask for the plumage file.

Hank, we won't be down to Cape May until around Lima Bean Festival time (when it's cool enough to need the extra heat).

After long talks with Micki, I've decided to add the Bell XP-59 to the "For Sale" list. I'm really serious about shrinking the fleet, so it's up for sale, too. It would've been the only plane using that size pack and that size servos in our fleet.

Requires 3S1800-2200 pack. Includes Turnigy 2200KV motor, 30 amp switch-mode E-Flite ESC, 4 HS-55 servos. It will need a receiver, as I'm putting that one back into Micki's Cub after NEAT. $100 FIRM -- not negotiable like the other planes -- The Belle has fewer than a dozen flights on it and is in excellent shape.

CD