Thread Tools
Aug 21, 2015, 06:45 PM
Registered User
Ricomon's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Air Hogs Star Wars X-Wing Fighter EDF


I just spotted these at myTypo local Walmart. They look pretty cool, but they're a whopping $60. They're powered by twin EDFs in the lower nacelles - differential thrust. I fear a wide turning radius with the motors so close to the center line. I'm sorry, but as cool as they are, I just couldn't cough up the dough.

They've got the Millennium Falcon in heli and quadcopter, also.

Rick
Last edited by Ricomon; Aug 21, 2015 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2015, 06:54 PM
Registered User
the "hidden" front wings destroy the illusion for me
Aug 21, 2015, 08:15 PM
Registered User
Ricomon's Avatar
Thread OP
Ha! With my poor vision, I didn't even see them until you pointed them out. I guess that means they don't destroy the illusion for me.

Rick
Aug 21, 2015, 09:48 PM
Sure it'll hover!
omster's Avatar
That's sweet!
Aug 22, 2015, 04:20 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
Ha! With my poor vision, I didn't even see them until you pointed them out. I guess that means they don't destroy the illusion for me.

Rick
Sure .... when the sky is the same dark color as in the box photo
Aug 22, 2015, 08:31 PM
Registered User
...finally...
I don't really even care if this is up for upgrades, as long as it flies.
Aug 23, 2015, 01:13 PM
SlingWinger
Regarding the "hidden" front wings:

When an artist, as opposed to an engineer, designs a flying machine you've got to accept that it might not fly without some changes being made.

I like the Air Hogs stuff. I buy them, play with it and modify it until i can't make it any better.

Then I rip it apart and use the guts to make something of my own creation, which yields a more satisfying experience even if it doesn't fly any better.
Aug 23, 2015, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayhead
Regarding the "hidden" front wings:

When an artist, as opposed to an engineer, designs a flying machine you've got to accept that it might not fly without some changes being made.

I like the Air Hogs stuff. I buy them, play with it and modify it until i can't make it any better.

Then I rip it apart and use the guts to make something of my own creation, which yields a more satisfying experience even if it doesn't fly any better.
I like your attitude!!!......How about somebody buy one of these and install a couple of standard ESC's, an upgraded RX, and a couple of micro servos for elevons...You could even hinge the "hidden wing" with a servo for a forward canard elevator......

I've got too many irons in the fire or else I would try it...I do have the complete electronics from a UM Stryker that would work...

Kevin
Aug 23, 2015, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Ricomon's Avatar
Thread OP
How about a Hobbyzone duet or a Blade Scout for a radio?

Rick
Aug 28, 2015, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account

I found some Air Hogs Titan models and made a basic RC Trainer :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I like your attitude!!!......How about somebody buy one of these and install a couple of standard ESC's, an upgraded RX, and a couple of micro servos for elevons...You could even hinge the "hidden wing" with a servo for a forward canard elevator......

I've got too many irons in the fire or else I would try it...I do have the complete electronics from a UM Stryker that would work...

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I found some Air Hogs Titan models and made a basic RC Trainer.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=Air+Hogs

These are amazing models for conversion.

All the best.

Mal :-)
Aug 28, 2015, 09:47 AM
Registered User
Ricomon's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Bond
For some reason, your link takes me to the main menu.

Rick
Aug 28, 2015, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account

My Bad :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
For some reason, your link takes me to the main menu.

Rick
Hope this works :-)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post32536098
Aug 30, 2015, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Aug 31, 2015, 02:37 PM
Registered User
XRAYRON's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
Ha! With my poor vision, I didn't even see them until you pointed them out. I guess that means they don't destroy the illusion for me.

Rick
Haha I second that!!
Sep 02, 2015, 11:49 AM
Park Stormer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pile It
the "hidden" front wings destroy the illusion for me
If you think that's bad...



Semi Related note to this conversation:

THIS IS AWESOME:
http://www.airhogs.com/site/product/fury-jump-jet


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools