ZMR250 "Dragonfly" Tricopter - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 20, 2015, 07:48 PM
Registered User
Discussion

ZMR250 "Dragonfly" Tricopter


Just finished my ZMR tricopter, let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Many thanks to these designs on Thingiverse:
BluefishNZ - ZMR250 Tricopter tilt assembly
Chr1s - ZMR 250 Uni-Spacer with Air-Slots

1. ZMR frame from BG
2. 3D printed spacer from Chr1s
3. 3D printed yaw assembly from BluefishNZ
4. DYS 1806 2300KV
5. KK2 mini with RC911 firmware (awesome)
6. ZTW 12A opto ESC
7. 5V 3A step down converter
8. Gemfan 6030 pros
9. Hitec HS-65MG servo
10. Zippy 3S 1000mah lipo (getting about 7 minutes with these)











ZMR "Dragon Fly" Tricopter (3 min 1 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2015, 08:40 PM
I void warranties
So these are built out of standard ZMR250 quad frames and front arms and a conversion tail / yaw setup? Is there parts for the conversion sold somewhere?

I like how short between the plates the thing is, looks great. Good pictures too!
Aug 20, 2015, 09:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
So these are built out of standard ZMR250 quad frames and front arms and a conversion tail / yaw setup? Is there parts for the conversion sold somewhere?

I like how short between the plates the thing is, looks great. Good pictures too!
Yes sir, built from a ZMR frame set. 3 arms were use along with the bottom and middle plate. The yaw assembly and spacer were 3D printed. The parts are not sold anywhere that I am aware off. If there are interests I can do a complete build log...
Aug 20, 2015, 09:22 PM
I void warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluem6
If there are interests I can do a complete build log...
Yes please, this is only the second I've heard of this, I'd like to see it all done up! What do the 3D printed parts look like?

What size is it?
Aug 20, 2015, 09:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
Yes please, this is only the second I've heard of this, I'd like to see it all done up! What do the 3D printed parts look like?

What size is it?
Here are the direct link to the 3D printed part on Thingiverse:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:916537

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:889866

Anything that is green in the pics are 3D printed, except for the wiring sleeve that is.
Aug 20, 2015, 10:43 PM
Registered User
noir522's Avatar
Whats even better is that the zmr250 can be had with an integrated pdb
Aug 21, 2015, 05:38 PM
Registered User
Going to try printing this tonight.
Aug 21, 2015, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
Going to try printing this tonight.
That looks great, do you have the stl file I can try?
Aug 21, 2015, 07:46 PM
Registered User
Sure, here it is. I haven't fit tested it yet. It's derived from the 3mm arm version.

I plan on printing it out of PLA, 20% hexagonal infill.
Aug 21, 2015, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
Sure, here it is. I haven't fit tested it yet. It's derived from the 3mm arm version.
Awesome, going to print it right now and see the fitment.
Aug 22, 2015, 01:14 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Tram's Avatar
That's pretty sweet!
Aug 22, 2015, 08:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
That's pretty sweet!
Thanks.

Just an update, it has been flying so well that I'll like to make another one with jihlein middle 3D printed part that he modify. If I have all the parts then I'll update this thread with many pics as I go along....
Aug 23, 2015, 03:50 AM
says hello from Norway
helinor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
Going to try printing this tonight.
I was thinking of building one of these with a PTB board but looks like rear arm will interfere with the BAT solderings pads on it...?
Aug 23, 2015, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Given that you used an HS-65MG servo for the tail control, did you print the servo mount for the TGY-210 or the TGY-9018 servo?

Thanks!
Aug 23, 2015, 06:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
Given that you used an HS-65MG servo for the tail control, did you print the servo mount for the TGY-210 or the TGY-9018 servo?

Thanks!
I use the TGY-210, that mount has a cut in the middle to clear the servo wires.


Thread Tools