FrSky X9E-- The budget friendly tray radio! - Page 51 - RC Groups
Sep 11, 2015, 10:14 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by marswolf
So now happened something not very nice. The fix of the harness broke. There was no much pressure, normal use and then it cracked.
The arms are no problem but the weakest part is this in the photo. This should be made of steel not of plastic. Bugger!
Steel, plastic, component, arm or whatever: here is the thingy.

Somewhere outside Detroit in a junkyard,a Pinto quietly smiled, and thought of the old days-it is but a small thing....
Last edited by c300; Sep 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c300
Who cares if the thingy is plastic , the cause or origin of the problem or how it is described? And, yes, mr. Wolf did a service.

Well, it won't work for me which is what I said. I don't care if it works for others but doubt it

Form is irrelevant once it fails.

Until then, I reckon how described, or metal or plastic is all just theoretic.

Hurry up Horus!
Sorry my mistake for trying to separate real problems and their limited impact from perceived or potential problems. The discussion and questions of Rotozuk were about the perceived or potential problem not the real known problem.
Sep 11, 2015, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
As I said, whether it is the arm, a component of the arm or a component is a matter of mere form or reasonable taxonomy, and changes nothing, either the outcome or the probable outcome. No need to be sorry, I just don't see the measure of, or purpose for a distinction.

Perhaps it turns on what is, is, for many. I say, substantively, there is an apparent, serious product defect in, or arising out of the arm assembly, or one or more components of the product no matter how described or parsed.

When or if it fails, most aren't likely to make these nice distinctions as consumers. It will likely be general and descriptive, like the arms don't work right anymore.... The whys, wherefores and specifics will be for the engineers to cypher, not me as a mere consumer concerned only with function or the lack of it.
Last edited by c300; Sep 11, 2015 at 10:48 AM.
Sep 11, 2015, 10:36 AM
Suspended Account
Dear Marswolf,

The common meaning of "bugger" is something beyond mere inconvenience.

In that light, when your non-arm thingy failed or broke, did or do you experience mere inconvenience in using the radio, or is it a "serious" functional limitation?

Put it any way you want, but having been in there it appears to me that having the entire thingy or assembly loose in the housing is not a mere inconvenience ....

Unlike the dread Spainman, I do still own the radio and have a continuing interest in the product's improvement or safe use. That I am or am not able to describe the problem or issue in a form personally satisfactory to anyone begs the question of its extence, nature or scope (in my subjective view) as a functional limitation.
Last edited by c300; Sep 11, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:29 PM
C300,
I made a mistake responding to a comment by the poster Reverse who made a sarcastic comment directed at Rotozuk about the way he received info from Frsky. I simply wanted to make it clear that the problem he and others have complained about, the "plastic" arms, is a perceived or potential problem, and at this point in time not a real problem.

I tried to draw a contrast to a real problem that has occured multiple times and a potential or perceived problem that has not occured.

As to the point you made that it does not matter what we call it, I respectfully disagree. If I ask for a cow and you give me an apple there might be a problem.

At this point I think I need to just stop.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:34 PM
Suspended Account
Substantively, the name used means nothing. The thingy is either a problem or it's not. I hope you will allow Mars to advise us.

Taxonomy is no ones friend in the real world.

You clearly understood the issue as I originally framed it as I suspect did everyone else.

As for the divination of another's state of mind, well I do not have that ability. It looked neutral to me.

As for Wayne, he has proven he can and should stand on his hind legs without any assistance.
Last edited by c300; Sep 11, 2015 at 02:39 PM.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c300

You clearly understood the issue as I originally framed it as I suspect did everyone else.
No I did not because of the label you put on it.
To actually correct things I ignored your post. I did read it.
I quoted Reverse and responded to reverse not to you.
Last edited by Huelster; Sep 11, 2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Clarify
Sep 11, 2015, 02:44 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Yawn.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Whatever. My bad. Now, Mars....what is the thingy in your photos and what does bugger mean in this context?

A substantive response would be helpful and appreciated.

Reverse, your mind has been probed, Dude.
Last edited by c300; Sep 11, 2015 at 03:06 PM.
Sep 11, 2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilrah
yawn.
+ 1
Sep 11, 2015, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandann
I've had the same problem, were you able to get a replacement?

So, if your thingy broke, what do you do?
Sep 11, 2015, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandann
+ 1
+1 again
Sep 11, 2015, 04:02 PM
Suspended Account
Ok, that makes 2. So, what did you do?
Sep 11, 2015, 04:08 PM
if thats all we got to be concerned with, life is good! and so is the x9e
Sep 11, 2015, 04:33 PM
Suspended Account
Ok, now that this issue is solved....

Meanwhile, anybody tried to reset operation time?