FrSky X9E-- The budget friendly tray radio! - Page 331 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 10, 2017, 08:08 AM
Pattern Mstr
Thank you pernstig. That is what I am looking for, and one that helps not like the above. Some people on here like to point fingers, and call names, but in the end what does it help ? nothing... Again, thank you for your help.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 09:26 AM
I you like this would do as an introduction to OpenTx:
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8724
Nov 10, 2017, 09:36 AM
mostly gliders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero12
Thank you pernstig. That is what I am looking for, and one that helps not like the above. Some people on here like to point fingers, and call names, but in the end what does it help ? nothing... Again, thank you for your help.
I tend to agree with you Aero12. Before you ask a question, you must of course prove that you have suffered all possible difficulties in your search on the forum. Then you can ask a question ... not before that!
Of course, one should strive to seek facts, but the attitude of others may be varied. But overall, most people here are very helpful.
I know Pernstig from forums in Sweden and he is a helpful and nice guy. We definitely need more people like him.

/Ville
Last edited by liukku; Nov 11, 2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: adding info!
Nov 10, 2017, 09:51 AM
Pattern Mstr
Does anyone know if there is a video that shows the basics of the first radio initiation to a computer, and how to make sure it is linked to the computer to make changes down the road, or etc. There are so many videos out there, I am having a hard time finding the right one. Thanks again for your help.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:45 AM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a video that shows the basics of the first radio initiation to a computer, and how to make sure it is linked to the computer to make changes down the road, or etc. There are so many videos out there, I am having a hard time finding the right one. Thanks again for your help.
Painless 360 and R. Scott Page I think have some good series ones.

Good luck.
Nov 11, 2017, 07:42 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. What do you mean by "first radio initiation to a computer"? Are you talking about an RC radio, an FM radio, a telemetry radio, a ham radio, an AM radio, a CB radio? What?
Nov 11, 2017, 08:17 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer
I have no idea what you are talking about. What do you mean by "first radio initiation to a computer"? Are you talking about an RC radio, an FM radio, a telemetry radio, a ham radio, an AM radio, a CB radio? What?
I think it's obvious. He has a new X9E. This is the X9E thread.
Nov 11, 2017, 10:15 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed
I think it's obvious. He has a new X9E. This is the X9E thread.
DUH... I know this is an X9E thread. I have one. I just don't understand his word choices or what his objective is.

"First radio initiation to a computer" is just too vague. That's like saying, "She gave her dog bones". Did she give bones to her dog, or did she give another female the skeletal remains of a dog, or did she give another female some bones that were meant for canine consumption?

Secondly "initiation" does not fit the context of this thread. One can be initiated into a club or a group, one can be initiated or introduced to a new activity or skill, or an action, a process, or a proceeding may be initiated, but how is a radio initiated TO a computer? Connected to maybe, but not initiated...
Nov 11, 2017, 10:24 AM
mostly gliders
Quote:
DUH...
bla bla blabla bla!

/Ville
Nov 11, 2017, 10:38 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by liukku
bla bla blabla bla!

/ville
gigo = on
Nov 11, 2017, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Secondly "initiation" does not fit the context of this thread.
Maybe not exactly the perfect choice of words but when you introduce a new disk to a computer (which is what the computer would see the TX as), you need to initiate it!
Nov 11, 2017, 10:58 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by myckey
Maybe not exactly the perfect choice of words but when you introduce a new disk to a computer (which is what the computer would see the TX as), you need to initiate it!
Sorry, wrong context again. A new disk is initialized, not initiated. And in the case of the "drives" on a Taranis, Windows Disk Management MOUNTS them and then assigns each "disk" a drive letter because the "disks" have already been initialized. If the "disks" were not initialized they would have no data stored on them.
Nov 11, 2017, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Sorry, wrong context again. A new disk is initialized, not initiated. And in the case of the "drives" on a Taranis, Windows Disk Management MOUNTS them and then assigns each "disk" a drive letter because the "disks" have already been initialized. If the "disks" were not initialized they would have no data stored on them.
I bow to your superior knowledge and have therefore immediately promoted you to my ignore list.
Nov 11, 2017, 12:41 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
When I got my first FrSky/OpenTx a few years ago, I asked some dumb questions. Hard to do otherwise when you don't know what you don't know. Fortunately there were guys that were willing to help and set me straight.
Nov 11, 2017, 01:15 PM
FA3PR9WM79
I just love it when someone gets mad because you told them the truth...