FrSky X9E-- The budget friendly tray radio! - Page 101 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 19, 2015, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chester
Looks like a good deal at $299.

Hopefully they will carry spares for it too. I've been watching aloft's website for a centering gimbal but theyve been out of stock for a while now. I have asked here on this thread when they will get them back in stock and have never gotten an answer.

Anyone know where else I can get a replacement gimbal right now since Aloft is out?
It does look like a good deal however have not checked shipping from China in comparison to Aloft's and then there is the warranty issue.

Aloft will likely get the gimbals back in stock soon. Did yours break?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2015, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
Descriptions on Hobby King website are often wrong. I doubt it has Hall effect sensors.

Tom
Yes one of the huge complaints about Hobby King is accuracy of their information. i would trust Rotozuk's info over Hobby King. No Hall effect.
Nov 19, 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chester
Anyone know if this Jeti stick would work on the X9E? I could really use a stick like this for my Hexacopter.

http://shop.jetiusa.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37571#

Attachment 8439406
Yes, it fits. I have one mounted on my X9E. :-) You will need to order the standard sticks too, to get the bottom tapered part to lock the stick in place (http://shop.jetiusa.com/mobile/Produ...=JETIJMS-DC-SS) and you'll need to shorten them by a few mm, but overall it's a really easy upgrade.
Nov 19, 2015, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huelster
Yes one of the huge complaints about Hobby King is accuracy of their information. i would trust Rotozuk's info over Hobby King. No Hall effect.
When I looked last night I couldn't see any mention of hall effect in HKs product description. I must be going blind.
Nov 19, 2015, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendes
Yes, it fits. I have one mounted on my X9E. :-) You will need to order the standard sticks too, to get the bottom tapered part to lock the stick in place (http://shop.jetiusa.com/mobile/Produ...=JETIJMS-DC-SS) and you'll need to shorten them by a few mm, but overall it's a really easy upgrade.

Thanks zendes! Much appreciated.

Can you share a photo of yours with this done?

I think I will go ahead and buy the stick and base. Then when aloft gets there centering gimbals in stock again I will finally have my complete AP set up done the way I want it.
Nov 20, 2015, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
When I looked last night I couldn't see any mention of hall effect in HKs product description. I must be going blind.
Just checked and see they have removed "Hall Effect" from the description.

Tom
Nov 20, 2015, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
Just checked and see they have removed "Hall Effect" from the description.

Tom
They must have seen Mr Blobby's post 24 hrs ago, when I looked 2 hrs later there was no mention.
Nov 20, 2015, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
They must have seen Mr Blobby's post 24 hrs ago, when I looked 2 hrs later there was no mention.
It was there, when I looked, a couple of days ago.

Tom
Nov 20, 2015, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huelster
It does look like a good deal however have not checked shipping from China in comparison to Aloft's and then there is the warranty issue.

Aloft will likely get the gimbals back in stock soon. Did yours break?
I'm a big HK purchaser but they won't sell many here in the UK at that price or I doubt in the rest of Europe. That works out at about 10% cheaper than I can buy it here with the postage, but then add on the local tax and the charge for tax collection and it will be 10-15% more than it is from T9 Hobby AND you won't get any real service.
Nov 20, 2015, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Wait, is the implied proposition that HK provides service of any kind?
Nov 21, 2015, 10:35 AM
new on this thread.. Wonder how the sticks feel. compared to expensive radios that is
Nov 21, 2015, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
Ok, at best.
Nov 21, 2015, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c300
Ok, at best.
Typical taranis that is...
ok thanks guys.
Nov 21, 2015, 10:48 AM
Suspended Account
More or less: remember, it is a cheap product, great for what it is....
Nov 21, 2015, 11:52 AM
Yeah. It's not a high end radio. So don't expect a miracle but for the money, there isn't anything close to what you get. I would love to have a Jeti DC14 but they start at $795 then you have to buy the software unlocks to get all the features you get for free with Taranis. That's just silly stupid. But the craftsmanship and quality of the hardware is light years difference. The Jeti is a work of art. Unfortunately the price has to reflect the time and effort that takes I guess. Here's an example. The replacement gimbals are $15 vs $210. That's huge. But then again if you can't get parts because they're availability is always a mystery it doesn't matter if they are free.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448124708.343656.jpg
Views: 117
Size: 137.0 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448124725.775802.jpg
Views: 121
Size: 188.5 KB
Description: