Sep 01, 2015, 02:26 PM
Suspended Account
That isn't my beef.

I don't think his business practices have been cast in doubt by anybody unless the whole FCC thing sticks to him in some way.

So, I just use my original Taranis when flying motor gliders. I use the e for scale aircraft. I did just notice that my Rssi plummets when I grab the antenna. But I don't grab it while flying so I don't care.

I'll likely sell this one when Horus shows up. Who knows, maybe a software cure is just around the corner.
Last edited by c300; Sep 01, 2015 at 02:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2015, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helle
Hy,

X9D has a seriell port at Battery slot

Where is the seriell Port at X9E?

There a 2 empty sockets at the main PCB
Left of batterie socket, is this the seriell Port?
what is the other for, left under the Battterie
which is the pinning

How can I use it, same as for X9D at openTx V2.1.2?
According to something I read a while back, from Mike Blandford I think, the one next to the battery connector is the serial port and the one under the battery is the STLINK debug port for the MCU.

As for the bluetooth. It is BT4 and you can access the telemetry data using it but you may need to write a custom app as nothing exists at the moment. See these posts here and here for more info.
Last edited by ChrisParish; Sep 01, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
Sep 01, 2015, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
In the old thread it was asked if installing a new CR1220 battery to fix a clock issue would void the warranty, no it will not at Aloft Hobbies.

We are very open minded with our warranty. We expect our customers to play around inside the radios. If you modify a part, that part will no longer be under the warranty, but the rest of the radio is. (changing a stock part for another stock part is not a modification.)

Hope this helps.

-Wayne

p.s. I have asked FrSky for details on the new arms, etc. Should have something to report soon.
Great to hear.
BTW, is that the same battery as in the FrSky Taranis Plus?
I'd rather not open it unless I need to.
Thanks,
PD
Sep 01, 2015, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
It is a small round watch battery.
Sep 02, 2015, 03:17 AM
So today I applied the carbon fibre looking sticker to the X9E. I didn't wait for the delivery I just asked my fellow colleagues at my flying field. Best thing: they have it, they give it to you for free... Always ask your buddys :-)

So that's before. Aluminium is nice but I didn't like the patterns on it. I prefer carbon looking stuff so let's go!!!

My carbon sticker and the printed illustrator file. I measured everything before with my caliper.

If you glue it to the back of the sticker be sure to mirror the file before. Otherwise the holes are at the wrong spot!!!!!
Let it dry and disassemble the X9E in the meantime.

Disassembled X9E.

So here I tried the paper test before. Nice looking in plane white too.

The main cuts are made. If you don't like the upper display just let it covered by the sticker

Completely cut. For most times I used a very, very sharp scissor. For the small holes I used a very, very sharp knife.

Not "sticked" yet but looks awesome already.

DONE!!! It's unbelievable f****** great!!!! Love it!!!!

So later this day/ week new sticks with buttons and new antennas from Great Britain that have not the rubber issue. Then it should be all done.

I added the Illustrator file again because it has now the perfect rounded corners. Before it was a little bit "wobbly".

The aluminium is glued to the plastic housing. Maybe with a heat gun you can disassemble it but the aluminium will be destroyed...

Cheers,
Marcel
Last edited by marswolf; Sep 02, 2015 at 03:25 AM.
Sep 02, 2015, 04:48 AM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Very nice, marswolf!
Sep 02, 2015, 05:45 AM
Darn, that's nice!
Sep 02, 2015, 05:52 AM
Great work! Shame the ali faceplate isn't removable though.
Sep 02, 2015, 06:16 AM
Well that is amazing. Very nice and I like the Al face. That is nicer.
Last edited by Huelster; Sep 02, 2015 at 06:25 AM.
Sep 02, 2015, 08:44 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
That is a very awesome look!

Mike
Sep 02, 2015, 09:15 AM
Suspended Account
Note to FRSKY!

Please, please have valid FCC certification for Horus! I suspect the fear of that product may be driving much of the hissing from Jim Drew.

I'm hoping Santa has a Horus for me!
Sep 02, 2015, 09:34 AM
It's finished now.

Changes made:
- I exchanged the stock antennas with these
- I exchanged the sticks (used my old ones from the MPX Royal Pro, both with buttons that are working now) and you get them for 12 € each and the ones without buttons for about 4 € a pair
- carbon fibre look
- changed the clips from the harness with easy ones to connect (much faster than stock...)
- internal module is an ImmersionRC EzUHF (maybe I have to dremel a hole in the back to gain access for later head tracker and switch from low to high energy transmitter)

So far I can easily back assemble to "shop status".
Cheers, Marcel
Sep 02, 2015, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marswolf
It's finished now.

Changes made:
- I exchanged the stock antennas with these
- I exchanged the sticks (used my old ones from the MPX Royal Pro, both with buttons that are working now) and you get them for 12 € each and the ones without buttons for about 4 € a pair
- carbon fibre look
- changed the clips from the harness with easy ones to connect (much faster than stock...)
- internal module is an ImmersionRC EzUHF (maybe I have to dremel a hole in the back to gain access for later head tracker and switch from low to high energy transmitter)

So far I can easily back assemble to "shop status".
Cheers, Marcel
Now that's a nice looking radio. Great job.
Sep 02, 2015, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
Nice!
Sep 02, 2015, 11:02 AM
Excellent post Marcel. A great looking radio. [are you paying attention FrSky]

Aloft makes face plates for the X9D perhaps Wayne could look into similar items for the E.

Richard

Quick Reply