Jun 25, 2016, 10:22 PM
I had a terrible crash today flying. I was turning around back towards myself and didn't realize how close I was to the one of the only two huge poles at the end of the parking lot. I guess I need to work on my depth perception. Needless to say I am very upset! Here is what's left of my baby! I almost sheded a tear.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2016, 05:39 PM
But Honey, It was on sale

This is a must have in the hanger

I consider myself an advanced flyer, I just bought one of these Trojans 2 weeks ago from my local hobby shop. I maidened with a Admiral 3s 2200 35C hanging over the a3sx, Take off was fine , flight was real nice, and landing with full flaps was really nice, perfect in fact. I fly off a grass field, Let's try that again, Again, the same thing,,,, WOW, In 2 weeks i have over 25 flights on this, It is now one of my favorite planes, And I have 25 planes , Everything from slow flyers to jets, and homebuilt radical planes. But I really love flying this one, It performs well,,, lands really nice, I now use along with the 2200 batts., Zippy 3s 2650 40C, and Turnigy 3300 3s 40C. BUT Please be aware, The heavier the batteries,,, the heavier Landing,And you need to know to place the battery for the CG, And as others have mentioned, DO NOT LAND ON THE NOSE GEAR, Land on the mains, Flair it out,, and this is one sweet plane! One of my favorite things to do is fly this at full throttle with a 3300 batt, about 12 in. across the field, then go total vertical, and spin it,,, everyone loves that.
Jun 28, 2016, 11:18 AM

FPV formation flying T-28

We had an absolute blast this weekend flying this in formation with another T-28. This is a great airplane. Hopefully it will catch on for Eflite. I'll have to say out of all the FPV warbirds I've done this has by far been the best flying one.

Eflite 1.2m T-28 Trojan FPV formation flight (2 min 7 sec)
Jun 28, 2016, 01:40 PM
All aboard Flight 666
One of the coolest rc plane videos I've seen
Jun 28, 2016, 07:58 PM
Taildragger Pilot
I'll second that! Gives an old pilot a chance to get back in the cockpit. Thanks Rooster!

WISH E FLITE WOULD SELL NOSE GEAR STRUTS SEPARATELY - WADDA YOU SAY E fLITE... That would help mucho.
Last edited by theoldALFER; Jun 28, 2016 at 08:05 PM.
Jun 28, 2016, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldALFER
I'll second that! Gives an old pilot a chance to get back in the cockpit. Thanks Rooster!

WISH E FLITE WOULD SELL NOSE GEAR STRUTS SEPARATELY - WADDA YOU SAY E fLITE... That would help mucho.
I agree - $46 for a set of all 3 plus doors etc... when we only bend the nose gear strut. Wonder who we can contact at Eflite?
Jun 28, 2016, 10:06 PM
Yvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzent
I had a terrible crash today flying. I was turning around back towards myself and didn't realize how close I was to the one of the only two huge poles at the end of the parking lot. I guess I need to work on my depth perception. Needless to say I am very upset! Here is what's left of my baby! I almost sheded a tear.
I sympathize with you.
I take a particular intention for my T28.
I like too much!
Jun 29, 2016, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
I sympathize with you.
I take a particular intention for my T28.
I like too much!
Thank you, I appreciate the sympathy! haha Luckily I have gotten good with gorilla glue, spackle and touch up paint. I will post some pics when I get her back looking good. Only thing I need to purchase is a motor mount and elevator servo.
Jun 30, 2016, 02:59 PM
Two of us out flying today and both had nose gear fail to extend. One landed on the main gear and had some damage, other belly landing, no damage. I am going to search this forum to see if this is happening to others.
Jul 01, 2016, 11:14 AM
I've had it happen a couple of times. Usually recycling the gear a couple of times works to get it down. The other thing to check is a small rock or dirt that may have been kicked up into the retract - they are easy to clean. Also if your nose wheel is not retracting straight into the wheel well it can get hung up and jam if it's turned sideways even a bit. I had to adjust the nose steering mechanism to fix this problem in mine.
Jul 01, 2016, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleShade
Two of us out flying today and both had nose gear fail to extend. One landed on the main gear and had some damage, other belly landing, no damage. I am going to search this forum to see if this is happening to others.
If the nose gear gets bent back a little, when it retracts it contacts the servo and causes tension. I have had two time where they would not deploy, both were on the ground and I had to wiggle it to loosen it up. After I realized that was the problem, I bent it forward and it did not happen again until it was bent back again. Hope that helps, not sure if its the same problem.
Jul 01, 2016, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
I agree - $46 for a set of all 3 plus doors etc... when we only bend the nose gear strut. Wonder who we can contact at Eflite?
Have you tried just bending it back? I have don't that several times when it starts to get bent back a little.
Jul 02, 2016, 07:32 AM
Steeleagle & mrzent:

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. It had the two of us scratching our heads with two planes showing the same symptoms. The grass field doesn't help either I suppose!
Jul 02, 2016, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzent
Have you tried just bending it back? I have don't that several times when it starts to get bent back a little.
Yes - I bent it back but after doing this several times it is going to weaken the strut and just keep doing it more. I was fine landing on our Geotex runway as it absorbs a little of the shock if I don't hold the nose up when landing but last weekend I was flying off of a concrete runway and bounced the landing and bent the nose gear.
Last edited by Flyindy; Jul 02, 2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: fix text
Jul 04, 2016, 04:44 PM
I also have had issues with the nose wheel bending and this week when bending it back the gear broke. I would like to buy only the nose wheel strut but it seems I must purchase the set. I did see that the there are two possible replacements. The FMS 1.4 m T28 V3 strut set (https://www.hobbytown.com/fms-landin...312sil/p427604) and a the V4 (https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...ng-gear-system) nose wheel available. Does any one know if they are compatible with the Eflite 1.2 m model T28?

Quick Reply