Aug 20, 2015, 12:40 PM
Back to the drawing board!
subscribe
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2015, 12:54 PM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
It all comes down to trying to please the most people they can. They don't have a buyer in you. They have a buyer in me as soon as it hits the shelve. Fms might be cheaper and bigger. But I know I've seen people hating the fms retracts. Servos and all that stuff. With HH Secound to none customer service. Nice planes flying perfectly out of the box makes me open my wallet all the time lol
HH has excellent customer service from my experience
Aug 20, 2015, 01:00 PM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyji
This is the one I have been waiting for. Been holding off for years and resisting the original PKZ bird.

Thanks HH.

G.
The PZ T-28 was my first plane with ailerons. I went from a HZ Super Cub to the PZ T-28. The PZ bird was great for what it is. I soon upgraded it with an eFlight power 10 motor and it was a blast to fly, unlimited vertical and very fast. I will probably consider this bird once they release a PNP version. I like the Lemon Rx with AS3X better than Spektrum.
Aug 20, 2015, 01:04 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
While I still haven't flown the Carbon-Z T-28, I did manage to fly this one before leaving Horizon.

Where have you landed post-Horizon Dave?
Aug 20, 2015, 01:15 PM
PSALM 14:1
Is it just me, or does this plane look like something from FMS?
Aug 20, 2015, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2
They know what sells and what doesn't. It is a business after all.
You know, I don't disagree at all. As a musician, I'm just afraid they're going to end up in the same boat that Gibson and Fender did over the last decade and a half. Gibson kept marketing the same old guitars (namely the Les Paul) year after year while simultaneously but disproportionally increasing the price every year, while simultaneously purging the variety and availability of some of their other interesting models, so much so that eventually musicians went elsewhere for variety and price for comparable instruments.

Gibson was then forced to add bells and whistles to the Les Paul (like robotic automatic tuners, *egads* etc) to try and make it more appealing, yet kept increasing the price to the effect that they literally priced themselves out of the mainstream market. When that failed, only recently have they finally been forced again to re-add some of the previous models and bring down the prices to try and compete. Fender was in the same boat for awhile as well until they brought back affordable Jaguar and Jazzmaster models and changed the pricing structure on their very popular, but admittedly over advertised models. At one time, American made Strats and Teles were a good quality instrument most could afford if they saved a little. They then became almost the price of a Les Paul, while the Mexican made examples went up to the price that the USA models were only a few years previously, but with lesser build quality than before. All of this because they thought that just because the two were popular and sold like hotcakes once before, they could cut some corners AND jack the prices to near custom guitar levels. Your average amateur or even working musician could no longer even afford a Fender, which was always the cheaper alternative to Gibson. As well, anything other than the same rehashed Stratocasters or Telecasters just weren't available to the joe blow public unless you were willing to pay the custom shop and their huge prices for the privilege. Thankfully, that changed, but it took poor foresight and stagnation to do it.
Both companies have fantastic customer service, but it just wasn't enough. We didn't want to pay custom prices for stock instruments.

Horizon also has GREAT customer service, but I'd hate to see them both stagnate and then price themselves out of the mainstream game like Fender and Gibson almost did. It'd be a disservice to all of us average RC consumers. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's just something to think about considering the stiff competition and variety from other sources within the market. You'll always have the diehard fans that will buy from a company no matter what the price or variety, but die hard fans don't a consumer base make, so it should be kept in mind.

Sorry to diverge from the topic. Now back on, I wonder if the flight characteristics are going to be as forgiving and almost trainer-like as the earlier Parkzone versions, or are they going to be more in line with an actual scale warbird trainer? You know, a little snappy, will bite you in the ass if you abuse it, but one of those truly great platforms that prep you for any warbird you'll ever fly after the fact. You know, sort of like the AT-6. In reality, it's almost harder to fly than an actual P-51D. I'd be interested to find out.
Aug 20, 2015, 01:18 PM
I had the original. Flew it for more than 3 years. That was fun
Aug 20, 2015, 01:36 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
No and who cares.
Aug 20, 2015, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Looking closely at the pictures, the EPO does have the FMS look to it.
Aug 20, 2015, 03:01 PM
It is z foam. Best foam out there if you ask me. Very strong. And forgiving
Aug 20, 2015, 03:06 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
Quote:
Actually, it looks more like a Dynam than FMS to me
Aug 20, 2015, 03:49 PM
The sky is my playground.
Who cares? I do. I'm tempted to cancel my pre order of the carbon z t-28. Not because I don't like it or think it's a terrible plane. Nope, but I do think it would be a 100 or more bucks cheaper if it said FMS on the box.

I was expecting Horizon brand retracts, an E-Flite esc, and although I could be mistaken, Eflite servos. So really all we have their motor and RX which I don't want anyway because I don't care for AS3X.
Aug 20, 2015, 04:06 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Who cares? I do. I'm tempted to cancel my pre order of the carbon z t-28. Not because I don't like it or think it's a terrible plane. Nope, but I do think it would be a 100 or more bucks cheaper if it said FMS on the box.

I was expecting Horizon brand retracts, an E-Flite esc, and although I could be mistaken, Eflite servos. So really all we have their motor and RX which I don't want anyway because I don't care for AS3X.
Well good luck ordering it from them.
Aug 20, 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine

Man... lots of fms servos and retracts breaking down at my field. 100 bucks it's a lot. True. But you will save money and headaches in the long run with eflite quality
Aug 20, 2015, 04:27 PM
Smish-smash
Like the look of this quite a bit. It means perhaps more of the PZ planes we know and love shall return. I'm REALLY hoping to see the Bf109, as I missed the first one.

Quick Reply