Aug 20, 2015, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Oh, and mrcl, can you edit the title of the thread to indicate 1.2m span so people know which T-28 this is?
Done and done.

By the way, MSRP 279.99 USD. So eighty bucks more over the legacy Parkzone T-28 for installed retracts, flaps and an AS3X receiver. Seems fair.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2015, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Dave Eichstedt;32472707]While I still haven't flown the Carbon-Z T-28, I did manage to fly this one before leaving Horizon.

Dave, what do you mean, 'before leaving Horizon' ? You can't leave, who are we going to ask to find out what's happening if you're not there ?
Aug 20, 2015, 10:12 AM
Fly the Big Sky!
Looks like a beautiful plane. A while back I sold my legacy T-28 with Flight power 10 motor, was so much fun to fly and thought about getting another one.

Do you guys think this plane will come in a PNP version eventually?
Aug 20, 2015, 10:19 AM
I didn't know David left HH
Aug 20, 2015, 11:17 AM
The sky is my playground.
Anyone know if this will be offered as a plug and play?
Aug 20, 2015, 11:23 AM
They almost always do that with all the planes after a few months in the market
Aug 20, 2015, 11:42 AM
Didn't know that Dave left Horizon hobby either. Dave, are you still in the industry or moving on?
Aug 20, 2015, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry, but ANOTHER T-28? I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this, however, if they're going to do yet another re-hash of this airplane, could they have at least used some different markings other than the standard training white and orange? It's nice to see flaps and retracts as standard, but at the same time, it was cheaper to outfit the old Parkzone versions with these options for much cheaper if you knew where to look. This T-28 looks to have essentially the same guts as the Spitfire IX, but with added flap servos and retracts already installed, and a premium price tag because of the E-Flite name.

Also, I wish they'd bring back more of the PNP stuff, as I don't fly Spektrum gear except on micros, and I can't see spending so much extra for a receiver and stabilization I'll never use, and have to go through the trouble of selling for maybe half of what it's worth; that is if someone doesn't try to call me out as it being a clone since it won't have retail packaging.

Yes, before someone calls me out, I know, I'm bitching. But, I do like Horizon. I especially like the FPV Vapor I picked up when it was on sale, and I LOVED my Spitfire; flew it until it was just worn out. But, I just don't like some of what they do; like yet another T-28, but with an even higher price, or rebranding the Radian with a more upscale brand name, and jacking the price just because it says E-Flite. Seems a lot of money for a foam airplane within a balsa or even composite budget range. And let's face it. Even with care, these don't last very long cosmetically with actual real world use. If you fly every day like I'm blessed to be able to do, before you know it, you have a $300 dollar airplane that looks like a dinged up beer cooler, not easy to bring back to new, and no replacement parts to be found because they've discontinued the airplane within a year. This has happened to my much loved Spitfire. For a similar price point, if you don't do foam you can have an airplane that will last a generation if you treat it right.
And before people assume I must be a member of the other camp or hate foam, I'm not, as I've been less than thrilled with Hobbico's offering as of late as well; especially the lack of good sailplane choices. This is where I'm glad Horizon has an edge by having variety for a mainstream importer. And foam is great; as long as it's priced like foam.

I guess I just miss the time when these airplanes actually reflected the budget price point of their budget foam construction. THIS is what once made them such an attractive alternative to me as compared to traditional materials. I'm sorry for ranting.
Just that seeing another T-28 is like seeing another P-51. After 20 years in the game, it almost gets frustrating that something as diverse as aviation is narrowed down to the mainstream public at large to just a handful of types. Recently, I met a regular guy that thought the P-51 was the only fighter we had in Word War II. What's THAT say?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if a big company is going to expend its time and resources on a new aircraft, why not push ahead and do something a little different than before? It's kind of like AC/DC. They've essentially written and re-written the same riff for the last 40 years, and we all love them. But sometimes, we just need to listen to something different.
Last edited by Condor84; Aug 20, 2015 at 12:11 PM.
Aug 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
They almost always do that with all the planes after a few months in the market
The giant carbon z has a pnp version already.
Aug 20, 2015, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor84
...But, I just don't like some of what they do...
They know what sells and what doesn't. It is a business after all.
Aug 20, 2015, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Dave Eichstedt;32472707 . The thought was going to BNF Basic for the legacy bird would get it under $200 so there would be good price separation between that version and this one.[/QUOTE]

The old T28 for under $200 is attractive
And so is flaps/retracts AS3X for $280...
Aug 20, 2015, 12:12 PM
And don't forget it is larger and has a more powerful motor.
Aug 20, 2015, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor84
I'm sorry, but ANOTHER T-28? I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this, however, if they're going to do yet another re-hash of this airplane, could they have at least used some different markings other than the standard training white and orange? It's nice to see flaps and retracts as standard, but at the same time, it was cheaper to outfit the old Parkzone versions with these options for much cheaper if you knew where to look....
i agree...which is why I moved on to other brands like FMS and freewing long time ago. I bought 2 eflite planes when I was learning how to fly and that's it. more choices at the other side of the fence.
Aug 20, 2015, 12:25 PM
It all comes down to trying to please the most people they can. They don't have a buyer in you. They have a buyer in me as soon as it hits the shelve. Fms might be cheaper and bigger. But I know I've seen people hating the fms retracts. Servos and all that stuff. With HH Secound to none customer service. Nice planes flying perfectly out of the box makes me open my wallet all the time lol
Aug 20, 2015, 12:40 PM
AMA #937780
This is the one I have been waiting for. Been holding off for years and resisting the original PKZ bird.

Thanks HH.

G.

Quick Reply