Oct 01, 2015, 10:15 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I have one bought on impulse today at Hobbytown. Looks great and the assemly was effortless.
Hoping to maiden this weekend. I love the way my Dallas Doll P51 flew. And was very happy with it off grass. Retracts worked well and were plenty strong.
So I have high hopes for this plane. And THIS one I should be able to see. My Mustang at times would disapear if there were clouds at all.
Wes
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2015, 06:31 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
I got an email from Horizon saying that this T-28 was covered by the $20 off sale, and had free shipping. I had ordered one from my LHS, but I couldn't pass this up. $259 shipped, versus $279 + 7% tax = 298.53

I'd prefer to buy from the LHS, but this was almost $40 cheaper.

I have my original PZ T-28 with flaps, so it will be interesting to fly these back to back.
Oct 02, 2015, 06:43 AM
I wonder if the CG of 62mm is a misprint. With the recommended battery sitting halfway off the rear of the plywood tray the plane balances at 52mm. Extremely nose heavy if I try to use the 62mm the manual suggest. Anyone else having an issue?
Oct 02, 2015, 09:43 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
I just looked at the 1.2 m T-28 manual, and compared to the old PZ and the Carbon-Z versions. The PZ and CZ both have the CG a tad forward of the canopy bow, while the 1.2m has it just aft.

The PZ has the CG 63mm from the leading edge of the wing root right up against the fuselage, while the 1.2mm has it 62mm aft of the root measured from the fairing. It looks like if you moved it to measure from the root against the fuselage, it would put the CG just forward of the canopy bow like the other 2.

Of course, this is all useless info without knowing how all 3 aircraft actual compare aerodynamically.
Oct 02, 2015, 09:46 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
I just went thru this via on-line chat with a horizon rep, and he stated the CG listed in the manual is correct, and is based on the called for battery centered in the battery tray.

Good luck. Mine still hasn't shipped so it'll be next week before I get it.
Oct 02, 2015, 10:04 AM
Placing the battery in the center of the tray makes it extremely nose heavy. I've been building and flying planes since 1993 so I am experienced. Will wait and see what others experience before I go further. Thanks for the reply.
Oct 02, 2015, 11:36 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
Like I said - good luck!

My spitfire was nose heavy, and moving the battery back vastly helped how she flew. Nose heavy isn't awful, but it can be a bit of a handful and much less than pleasant.

Where is it balancing at? Is it close to the CG listed for the PZ T-28?

I'm really thinking they didn't do a good job of showing where you were supposed to measure it at, but I couldn't get the rep to agree. Where the manual shows is not the leading edge of the wing root.
Oct 02, 2015, 02:27 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I got one short test flight on mine this morning. I balanced it at the canopy bow. I only had time for a quick circuit of the field. But it took of easy from our less than perfect grass runway. No flaps were used. And the gear remained down. Very easy to fly. Glides forever with out the flaps. But still landed very slow and did not bounce.
Turns were positive and smooth. Looking forward to when I get to fly longer. But very happy so far.
Oct 02, 2015, 07:05 PM
I received my T-28 today with the as3x 636 installed. I connected it to my I Pad using the cable I bought from spektrum. I wanted to see how the programmer works. The receiver would not connect, kept flashing open receiver. After 3-4 minutes I tried the other cable that you use with a PC it connected right away but I believe all the factory setting were erased. Rate -Heading and Priority all read 0. Does anyone know if there is some where you can find the factory settings. Thanks Guys for any help you can give me.
Oct 03, 2015, 11:29 AM

T-28 Trojan 1.2m BNF Basic (EFL8350)

T-28 Trojan 1.2m BNF Basic (EFL8350)

Got mine yesterday, all assembled and trimmed up today.

Will maiden flight sometime this coming week.
Oct 03, 2015, 04:42 PM
Got mine and assembled it uesterday, now waiting on rain to clear for a maiden. She is definitely a beautiful bird though.

That's an armoire for a 42" tv btw.
Oct 03, 2015, 05:56 PM
The flying snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie conley
I received my T-28 today with the as3x 636 installed. I connected it to my I Pad using the cable I bought from spektrum. I wanted to see how the programmer works. The receiver would not connect, kept flashing open receiver. After 3-4 minutes I tried the other cable that you use with a PC it connected right away but I believe all the factory setting were erased. Rate -Heading and Priority all read 0. Does anyone know if there is some where you can find the factory settings. Thanks Guys for any help you can give me.
If you are using the new 9.0 iOS and higher there is a bug preventing the phone/tablet app from working. The engineers are currently working on it.
As far as the cg I had the same issue. My lipo has to be hanging off the wood tray to achieve minimal nose heavy situation. I will try to fly tomorrow and see how it goes.
Oct 03, 2015, 05:59 PM
The flying snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanhead
No, it's not "the" fms plane, all new plane made by fms for HH, fms plane is 1400mm, this one is 1200mm
Where do you get your confirmation info that fms makes this. HH has denied this to be the case when I spoke with then this past week.
Oct 03, 2015, 06:04 PM
Let's see some videos fellas! I picked one up at my LHS today but haven't gotten around to assembling it yet. This is my first park flyer so I'm pretty excited. ..sounds like there are CG issues--what batteries are you guys using? I'm thinking of the eflight 3s 2200's.
Oct 03, 2015, 06:08 PM
Jim at diamond hobbies (a fms dealer)has confirmed fms making planes for HH, do your homework, it's all over rc groups, I don't blame HH for denying it, bad for business

Quick Reply