Aug 20, 2015, 03:37 AM
Thread OP
New Product

E-Flite T-28 BNF Basic (1200mm wingspan)

Did I miss something?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...D=EFL8350#home

Looks like E-flite is progressing in assimilating the Parkzone stuff...

Damn and I just bought a Parkzone one.

E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.2m BNF Basic (2 min 10 sec)

T-28 1.2m BNF Basic

Key Features

•Easy to complete final assembly
•AS3X® technology for rock-solid flight stability
•6-channel control with servos, installed
•Operational dual-servo flaps, installed
•Retractable electric landing gear, installed
•Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX® receiver (installed)
•Powerful 15-size brushless motor (installed)
•E-flite 40-amp brushless ESC (installed)
•7× Spektrum Micro Servos (installed)
•Accepts 3S 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po battery packs (sold separately)
•Constructed with durable Z-Foam™ material
•Vivid U.S. Navy inspired trim scheme and trim
•Realistic 3-blade propeller and radial engine detail
•Painted canopy with a clear view of the pilot and cockpit

Overview

The versatile T-28 aircraft was built for training, but delivered so much more. Most student pilots who flew it for the first time had barely 40 hours logged, but quickly appreciated the magnificent view from the cockpit and the 1,400 HP smile-machine under the hood. Even better was how it could survive thousands of student carrier landings. So when the call came in for an attack aircraft that could operate on a shoestring, undisclosed numbers of T-28s went overseas with gun pods and rocket racks attached. Today, the “T” in T-28 must stand for treasure as examples found around the world and always gather a crowd.

The E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.2m is a full-house park flyer equipped with operational flaps and retracts that is perfect for intermediate pilots. Not only does it have the appeal of a warbird with a realistic radial engine up front and vivid military markings, its design gives it docile flying qualities. Z-Foam™ material keeps the overall weight low and allows scale detail like panel lines to highlight the outline, all while offering a level of airframe durability that’s ideal for everyday flying. But the feature that makes this special warbird something you’ll always want to have at the field is AS3X® technology. That’s because the compact Spektrum™AR636A DSMX® receiver included features an AS3X system that’s specially tuned to give you the kind of rock-solid flight performance of a model many more times its size and expertly tuned. If you’re one of the thousands who loved the original ParkZone® T-28, now is your chance to enjoy the upgrade you always wanted.

Exclusive AS3X® Technology
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give the E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.2m an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with specially tuned flight control software. As a result, a warbird like this T-28 is made even better because your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced.

Electric Retracts
The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts that enhance the scale appearance along with the outer gear doors.

Functional Flaps
Operational flaps give this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope with the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.

15-Size Brushless Power System
The power system features a 15-size outrunner with 850Kv and a 40-amp ESC that when combined with your 2200mAh 3S Li-Po battery delivers outstanding thrust.

Durable Z-Foam™ Material
Durable Z-Foam™ material provides the ability to replicate complex airframe detail with greater accuracy while delivering a very light flying weight.

Product Specifications

Wingspan: 1225mm (48.2 in)
Overall Length: 985mm (38.8 in)
Wing Area: 386 sq in (24.9 sq dm)
Motor Size: 15
Prop Size: 12 × 7 three blade
Recommended Battery: 2200mAh 3S LiPo
Flaps: Yes
Retracts: Yes
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Last edited by mrcl; Aug 20, 2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added specs, updated title
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2015, 04:57 AM
Just spotted this too, was about to post in the parkflyer forum!

Wonder when they'll remove the Parkzone brand altogether!?
Aug 20, 2015, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam4
Just spotted this too, was about to post in the parkflyer forum!

Wonder when they'll remove the Parkzone brand altogether!?
Could it be a case of semantics and HH wants to graduate away from the connotation of 'park' in their advertising? Seems like with each new refinement Eflite becomes the preferred tag.

Looks like a very nice job of it with this T-28.
Aug 20, 2015, 06:19 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
This might be of interest!!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2475963

LURCH
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Aug 20, 2015, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Ah, good find.

Several things pop into my mind about the brand drop. One is that they can't realistically keep new releases of this size under the supposed $200USD retail target they've had for so long.

The other is there is a slight suggestion in the name Parkzone of it having some legalistic authority to use in such a location which I can fully understand HH wanting to distance themselves from for their credibility and liability. Really is sad in some ways that the litigious movement in this country squeezes us to watch our backs for the lawyers who scan the territory for what they can turn into some dramatic run for $$ and ?prestige?... R.C. activity has come under attack for such things before going back to some instances in the '70s.
Aug 20, 2015, 08:00 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Well, this is a pleasant surprise.

RF
Aug 20, 2015, 08:49 AM
…..
Last edited by Turner2; Aug 20, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
Aug 20, 2015, 09:00 AM
Nope, different plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2
Aug 20, 2015, 09:08 AM
I may have to snag one of these. I like the size and the fact that it runs on 3s 2200 batteries.
Aug 20, 2015, 09:10 AM
Ah, so it is. Interesting.
Aug 20, 2015, 09:11 AM
Hawk Fanatic
How awesome!
Aug 20, 2015, 09:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2
To be honest I was confused at first, too. But the plane you linked us the giant Carbon-Z, while the one I wrote about is a smaller, non-Carbon-Z one.

Read the news on Facebook, the German Horizon Hobby page. Was written so casually that I didn't know if it was something new or they just posted random pictures.

Went on to RCG to see if there's already a thread on it, but there wasn't, so...
Aug 20, 2015, 09:28 AM
It's really great news, Thanks. I've always wanted the old ParkZone version but this is a big step forward.
Aug 20, 2015, 09:30 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
While I still haven't flown the Carbon-Z T-28, I did manage to fly this one before leaving Horizon. It flies awesome! The slightly larger size over the legacy fixed-gear T-28 allows it to carry the extra weight of flaps & retracts yet still retain good low-speed handling. The power system is great, providing a good blend of speed and vertical capability. Full-flaps landing is a breeze.

I don't know if plans have changed since I left, but the idea was to keep the legacy T-28 around for as long as demand continues. The thought was going to BNF Basic for the legacy bird would get it under $200 so there would be good price separation between that version and this one.
Aug 20, 2015, 09:32 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Oh, and mrcl, can you edit the title of the thread to indicate 1.2m span so people know which T-28 this is?

Quick Reply