Aug 19, 2015, 07:19 PM
Discussion

Indoor Night at NEAT Downsville School Sept 18,19th

Cindy and I will be holding the Indoor Night at NEAT again this year at the Downsville high school gym on Friday September 18th from 6pm-10pm and Saturday September 19th from 2pm-10pm. http://www.neatfair.org/ The event will feature some of the "Best in Micro" with state of the art micro models.

The event is open to individuals with models built from kits, or models built from their own designs. (Sorry No RTF's) However, this year I will allow RTF planes to fly that have been repainted, or modified in a creative way!

The format will be the same as previous years. We will have time slots for ultra slow models, and open flying for all types.

We will also feature the popular 1/2 time show on Saturday that allows everyone around 5 minutes to showcase their latest creation for the crowd! (SKS Video should be on hand to film the event) You can purchase the wonderful video that SKS shot of last years event and see all of the beautiful models that were flown.

Models will not weigh more than two ounces, and will have a flight envelope that will allow them to fly safely in the high school gym.

AMA or Park Flyer insurance will be required!

Fee will be $20.00 payable at the registration table. All proceeds will go to the Downsville high school for their education programs.

Anyone interested in flying please e-mail me (Joe Malinchak) to register at joemal@echoes.net Include the models that you are planning on flying.

Directions to the Indoor Night at NEAT

From NEAT go North to Downsville on Rt 30. As you near the intersection with Rt 206 the high school will be on your right. Park in the last school parking lot on your right and make your way to the downstairs Gym, where the micro RC flying will be taking place.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Thanks, Joe.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2015, 07:22 PM
This year I will be flying my latest brushless version of my 1/72 scale corsair. I will also have my WW2 diorama on display and a few other surprises if I can get them ready in time!

Joe.
Sep 08, 2015, 07:44 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Hi Joe, I sent out the permit for the Indoor Night.... Bergen County Silent Fliers is proud to host AMA at the BCSF Main Tent at NEAT... This year we have been moved to better real estate being that AMA is with us... With these new perks come added responsibilities. Tom has asked us to revive the sport and micro chats that were conducted at the tent.... It would be a great addition to have a Micro Flier Round Up Discussion of the best of the Best in Micros from your guests.....
I asked the Metropolitan Squadron to contribute but just as other years, they haven't made an effort to do anything....
Sep 10, 2015, 02:26 PM
Many thanks for sending in the permit for us again this year! I will be happy to give a Micro Flier Round Up Discussion. However, my only problem is that it will have to be on Friday, preferably in the afternoon. Anytime from 12-4:30pm will be ok.I should be arriving around 1130am. Saturday I will be going directly to the school as we start around 2pm.

I will check with some of the other guys to see if they will speak as well.
Sep 11, 2015, 12:23 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
I'd be happy to help out as well. I could support something on Saturday, while Joe and Cindy are setting up.

-Adam
Latest blog entry: Giant Scale Lego Plane
Sep 14, 2015, 10:55 PM
Hi Adam,

It looks like we have the 130PM-230PM time slot on Friday. What we used to do is talk about our latest projects and any new techniques that we have developed. I will need about a 1/2hr. It would be great if you can talk about your models in the remaining time.

Thanks, Joe.
Sep 15, 2015, 04:35 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malinchak
Hi Adam,

It looks like we have the 130PM-230PM time slot on Friday. What we used to do is talk about our latest projects and any new techniques that we have developed. I will need about a 1/2hr. It would be great if you can talk about your models in the remaining time.

Thanks, Joe.
Sure Joe, anything I can do to help out. Looks like Gordon and his boys might not make it out this year

-A
Sep 16, 2015, 10:54 PM
I just completed this project today for NEAT. Its a 3ch 6.5 inch wingspan 1/72 scale T33!

It looks like Gordon and Sam will be coming on Friday.
Sep 17, 2015, 04:29 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Very nice Joe. Glad to hear they're making it out. We're on the road right now.

-A
Sep 17, 2015, 06:34 AM
MK
MK
That's amazing!
Sep 17, 2015, 11:00 AM
Quote:
I just completed this project today for NEAT. Its a 3ch 6.5 inch wingspan 1/72 scale T33!

It looks like Gordon and Sam will be coming on Friday.
Joe,

I have been meaning to email you from your articles in Model Aviation but hadn't gotten around to it. I would like to get involved with micro indoor building and flying. I will be at NEAT on Saturday. I would like to go to the school around 4:00 or 4:30 to see what you have and see what I need to get involved with micro planes (not the pre-fab like Horizon Hobby nice but not the same as building).

-Scott Lindsay
Sep 17, 2015, 11:57 PM
Hi Scott,

Looking forward to speaking with you at the event.

Joe.
Sep 21, 2015, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Hi Scott,

Looking forward to speaking with you at the event.

Joe.
Sorry Joe, I did not get a chance to stop by the school. My ride for the day was not interested with indoor flying so we left without going. I am interested in the planes you build and fly. Those little actuators you use are incredible. I kick myself for not driving myself to the show and stopping by. Hopefully next year or may be learn basic through Model Aviation Mag or here on RC Groups.

-Scott
Sep 21, 2015, 07:59 PM
How high will it go?
Had a great all but short time at the indoor event. Thanks for letting me fly my mini star wars speeder. I didn't get a good chance to see all the model, but one thing caught my eye was the 1/450 scale train set. Any more details on that?
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 21, 2015, 08:07 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
That was Joe's. He made a neat little briefcase layout for the T scale stuff. You guys should connect on making some printed custom rolling stock.

-A