Aug 31, 2015, 09:18 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete
Tom,

This might not be the right thread for this question, but it's along the same topic.
Will there be any place for flying multirotor craft? (Not FPV, and not racing.) Just regular flying of (say) 250 or 450 sized quadcopter?

-Pete
Yes Pete, we have a two flight station rotorary wing aircraft flight line on the far LHS of the main field. (I call it the "heli" area in that satellite image). Must be 2.4ghz radios and NO FPV. Fly anytime except during the noon demos. Airspace is rather restricted though, no more than a major league baseball infield.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2015, 12:09 PM
Thanks, Tom! No problems! I saw the "heli" area listed and figured it might be the spot, but wanted to double check.
-Pete
Sep 21, 2015, 01:06 PM

well done

I thought it was great to see this FPV racing. Looks like a great addition to the hobby and its interest is sure to grow among today's youth.

And I thought having it in the quarry area of the campground was a great idea and place for it to be held. Thanks for accommodating it. I'm looking forward to seeing this aspect of the sport grow.
Sep 21, 2015, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the compliment, we had a good turnout of pilots and I'm sure it will be even bigger next year!
Ricky
Sep 21, 2015, 07:53 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC2009
Thanks for the compliment, we had a good turnout of pilots and I'm sure it will be even bigger next year!
Ricky
You did an AWESOME job running it. I learned a few things and had a blast flying around and under all the obstacles.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 21, 2015, 08:54 PM
Heli Addict
thanks guys hope to see everyone again next year
Latest blog entry: Easter tree hunting Coram NY
Sep 21, 2015, 10:24 PM
Neat Fair 2015 FPV Track
Sep 22, 2015, 09:35 AM
.. shot from the road in to Peaceful Valley
Sep 22, 2015, 10:19 AM
Heli Addict
Nice shot alan and thanks to everyone who wandered around the field loking for my mobius. Next year i will download all my footage before i hap hazardly tape it to a 100+ mph plane
Sep 22, 2015, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy115833
Nice shot alan and thanks to everyone who wandered around the field loking for my mobius. Next year i will download all my footage before i hap hazardly tape it to a 100+ mph plane
I heard about that. Was it eventually found, I hope?
Sep 22, 2015, 11:10 AM
Nice job with pics. Rick. It really is a perfect spot. Can't wait till next year.
Sep 22, 2015, 11:13 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
I am a seasonal at PV. Where do you think you lost your camera I will take a look this weekend.
Gino- (swap shop guy)
Sep 22, 2015, 11:23 AM
Heli Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY
I am a seasonal at PV. Where do you think you lost your camera I will take a look this weekend.
Gino- (swap shop guy)
It was strapped onto a rare bear during the rare bear run on saturday. It didnt make it back.
Sep 22, 2015, 12:05 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
It was strapped onto a rare bear during the rare bear run on saturday. It didnt make it back.
I will take a look with my GEM. It could be in the woods on the mountain.
Sep 22, 2015, 12:31 PM
Heli Addict
Quote:
Gino- (swap shop guy)
Quote:
I will take a look with my GEM. It could be in the woods on the mountain.
Thank you i would gladly pay a reward to get that footage back. I could really care less about the cam but that sd card has so much great footage on it. Also whats a GEM?