This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 18, 2015, 10:24 PM
Admin Deluxe
Discussion

We lost another good one - Azarr

I just got some bad news for my RC friends. Our old RC friend Azarr has passed away. He and Mike Glass were running buddies. He was the first person in the hobby I met at a show after I started working with Hobby Lobby. I didn't know him but he knew me. As I walked on to the field he shouted "BILLY HELL!!" I walked over and shook his hand and we have been friends for the last 13 years or so. I always took his photo if I saw him at an event and usually interviewed him. The RC world has lost a friend today. Maybe he's hanging with Mike Glass and they are doing a little flying. God speed Azarr and thank you for your friendship all these years!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2015, 01:33 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
I just saw this on Facebook. I'm somewhere between disbelief and shock right now. That's all I can say.
Aug 19, 2015, 08:01 AM
Wakka Wakka

RIP Azarr

"Old age is not for sissies"
Aug 19, 2015, 11:42 AM
RIP My Friend and flying Buddy AZzarr

.. and give Mike a big hug for me

Jim - if you have an original hi rez of that photo, I'd appreciate a copy so I can remember my lost buddys
Last edited by Alan W; Aug 19, 2015 at 11:57 AM.
Aug 19, 2015, 12:01 PM
Admin Deluxe
Those are the largest I have. Click the image and then click again for the big one.
Aug 19, 2015, 01:04 PM
Head NEAT geek
god speed Azarr. We will miss you and yes, give Mike G a big wet one when you see him!
Aug 24, 2015, 07:53 PM
Professional farm-buyer
I learned to fly at the old SMAC field in Donnelsville, Ohio (Bob Laybourne's Hobby Hanger)near where I grew up. Azarr was always there flying and was a great help in those early years. During the AirFlair years, Azarr and Bob Coonts (sp?) always flew the most interesting models.

I saw Azarr last November at the annual SMAC swap meet the day after Thanksgiving. It was great to catch up with him again, and I always enjoyed hearing what he had to say and seeing the new things he was working on.

So sorry to hear the news of his passing.

RIP old friend.
Aug 26, 2015, 04:32 PM
Soar like an Eagle, buddy. You've earned it. Azarr was with us from the start when the "electric wave" hit almost 20 years ago. All the way from "will a Speed 400 fly that thing?" to today's very commonplace status of electrics at the field and industry. One heck of a guy. Indeed, you will be very missed....
Aug 26, 2015, 04:34 PM
Azarr's obituary, in case anyone hadn't seen it.

http://www.morris-sons.com/obituaries/Azarr/#!/Obituary

Quick Reply