Jul 04, 2004, 11:36 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP

More Western Scenery, From Utah

Here are a few pictures from this morning, just before a much needed rain.
This forum has been an inspiration and a way to see some great places I probably wouldn't be able to see otherwise. Hope the cropping and compressing didn't kill them.

Spaz

Slowstick
Himax 2015 4100
1500 2S Lipo
Aiptek 1.3SD - crappy camera mount out of EPP and rubber bands.(working on a better one)

The first one is looking Northeast up Weber Canyon. 2nd is more or less east at Hoyts Peak(10,228'). (I have almost as much relief shown in the photo as fdisk has in all of Vermont!) 3rd is looking South at the town of Kamas, 6 miles distant. 4th is to the NNW of a resevoir(wont call it a lake).
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2004, 03:27 PM
Nice mountains. Our highest point is Mt. Mansfield at 4,395.3 ft. The lowest point is 95 ft at lake Champlain's edge but that is some distance away. Sounds like that could be a close one if I could find a low spot near MM. I have yet to try getting real close yet.

That resevoir looks a little dangerous to the houses below.
Last edited by fdisk; Jul 04, 2004 at 03:36 PM.
Jul 04, 2004, 07:18 PM
Nice high pictures, is it the camera mount or that you might need to adjust your focus, the pics seem a tad bit blurry, but still nice high pictures
Jul 05, 2004, 09:54 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
fdisk - actually the the resv. is down stream from us, but there are houses below the dam. Wouldn't be my first choice for a place to live. I was thinking that would be a good place to try some pictures but it is too windy today.

As for the focus, it was very hazy here yesterday(a rareity) AND the focus still isn't quite right. I might just have 'bumped' the focal ring when the camera was apart. It has taken a while to get it remotely clear. When I finally get it right I will CA it in place. Any suggestions other than small incriments of change?

SPaz

Quick Reply