This thread is privately moderated by flightengr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 16, 2015, 07:43 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Transmitter Setups for Blade 350 QX Models

The posts in this blog entry contain transmitter setups for the Blade 350 QX for various versions of controller firmware on the quad and for various transmitters.

The setups are provided as SPM files, but each one is also accompanied by a PDF file that explains what the aircraft is looking for from the transmitter and how to set that up on the transmitter, step by step. I think it's important to understand how the transmitter works, and that understanding enables you to change the setup to your liking. You can't learn that simply by loading an SPM file!

Finally, there's also a post that explains all of the 350 QX flight modes - how each mode works, how it behaves, and how it changed in the various versions of firmware.
Last edited by flightengr; Aug 16, 2015 at 08:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2015, 07:46 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Thread OP

Gen2 Transmitters (DX6/7/9/18) for 350 QX3

These files are for a 350 QX3 or an earlier 350 QX model upgraded to firmware version 3.

The PDF document describes two approaches to setting up the flight modes. One lets you set up all 5 factory flight modes across two switches, and the other lets you pick your favorite three modes and use Digital Switch Setup to assign them to one switch.

Because "Stagility" isn't a true flight mode on the 350 QX3, I set it up as an additional mix on Switch H. As long as you're in Stability Mode, turning on Switch H to enable the mix will enable "Stagility Mode."

There are no settings for dual rate or expo in this file.

This file was created with a DX9 with the latest version of the firmware and sound file at the time (1.07, released in February 2015).
Last edited by flightengr; Aug 16, 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Aug 16, 2015, 07:47 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Thread OP

Gen2 Transmitters for 350 QX2

These files are for a 350 QX2 or an earlier 350 QX model upgraded to firmware version 2.

Because "Stagility" isn't a true flight mode on the 350 QX3, I set it up as an additional mix on Switch H. As long as you're in Stability Mode, turning on Switch H to enable the mix will enable "Stagility Mode."

This file was created with a DX9 with the latest version of the firmware and sound file at the time (1.07, released in February 2015).
Last edited by flightengr; Aug 16, 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Aug 16, 2015, 07:50 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Thread OP

DX8 for QX3

I finally got a setup working for the 350 QX3 and a DX8 that gives you all of the flight modes. However, due to some limitations in the DX8, I had to change the primary flight mode switch from F Mode to Flap. So the flight modes work as follows:

Flap Switch position 0, F Mode Switch position 0 = Smart Mode
Flap Switch position 1, F Mode Switch any position = AP Mode
Flap Switch position 2, F Mode Switch any position = Return to Home
Flap Switch position 0, F Mode Switch position 1 = Stability Mode
Flap Switch position 0, F Mode Switch position 2= Agility Mode

Similar to my other posts, the Stagility Mix is on the Mix switch and should only be used in Stability Mode.

I added low rates to this one on the AIL D/R Switch, position 1.

This file was created with the latest version of DX8 firmware at the time (3.01, released in February 2014).
Aug 16, 2015, 07:52 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Thread OP

DX8 for QX2

Here's a PDF and SPM file for the DX8 and the 350 QX2 or firmware version 2.

Summary of the controls:

Switches F Mode and Rud D/R - Flight Mode
...F Mode position 0, Rud D/R anything = Smart Mode
...F Mode position 1, Rud D/R anything = AP Mode
...F Mode position 2, Rud D/R position 0 = Stability Mode
...F Mode position 2, Rud D/R position 1 = Agility Mode
Flap Switch - Return to Home in position 2 only
Mix Switch - Enable Stagility Mix (should only be used in Stability Mode)
Trainer/Bind Button - Throttle Cut when pressed
Gear Switch - Gimbal Tilt Mode (for GB200 gimbal)
Knob - Tilt Gimbal (for GB200 gimbal)

This file was created with the latest version of DX8 firmware at the time (3.01, released in February 2014).
Aug 16, 2015, 08:48 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Thread OP

Flight Notes: 350 QX Flight Modes Explained

Here's a detailed description of each of the 350 QX flight modes.

Quick Reply