• Excellent precision and 3D performance
  • Engineered around the E-flite Power 60B outrunner and 6S Li-Po power
  • Lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood construction
  • Carbon-fiber landing gear and wing tube
  • Large control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
  • Two piece, plug-in wings
  • UltraCoteŽ film matching, fiberglass cowl and wheel pants

• Large hatch with quick-release latch
  • Removable Side-Force Generators (included)
  • Ball-link connectors and fiberglass control horns
  • Complete, high-quality hardware pack (included)
  • Needed To Complete
  • 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
  • 2× mini- and 2× standard-size servos
  • 60-size brushless outrunner motor
  • Brushless speed control
  • 6S 22.2V Li-Po flight battery
  • Flight battery charger
  • Propeller
  • Spinner
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2015, 06:32 PM
Team E.F./Horizon/Castle/Pulse
Hangar 9 Extra 330SC 60e ARF (4 min 0 sec)
Aug 28, 2015, 01:20 PM
Wow...2 posts?? Bad sign. Is there another thread? I hope...can't find one???
Aug 28, 2015, 01:41 PM
Extremely Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
Wow...2 posts?? Bad sign. Is there another thread? I hope...can't find one???
Most people must be snubbing this because it's not Extreme Flight or 3D Hobby Shop.
Aug 28, 2015, 02:20 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro
Most people must be snubbing this because it's not Extreme Flight or 3D Hobby Shop.
Sometimes I feel so proud of myself for buying the cheap stuff
Aug 28, 2015, 03:15 PM
Extremely Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn
Sometimes I feel so proud of myself for buying the cheap stuff

This plane sure isn't cheap! $349.99! The EF 60" Extra is only 279.99.
Aug 28, 2015, 03:28 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Wow, I can buy 2 Skyline 60" ARF kits for $300 and spend the other $49.99 in beer
To the OP - sorry for deviating from the topic but I agree about the preference for EF/3DHS. I posted 2 build threads for the Skyline kits, very little participation too.
Last edited by ronaldopn; Aug 28, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
Aug 28, 2015, 04:08 PM
deleted
Last edited by stevelmaa; Aug 28, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:44 PM
Well I saw the plane at HH, checked to see if anybody posted anything about it and I thought I kickstart the thread. Honestly for 350 I would buy 3DHS/EF or skyline before this even if it's a great flyer. I bought my last 30cc for $300 and this is $50 more.
Aug 29, 2015, 10:32 PM
One more flight...
Looking at the elevator setup put me off this personally.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:39 PM
I have to ask what is putting you off with the elevator set up. Just curious for my own knowledge in case I'm missing something. Personally I'm intrigued with the plane. I however would like to see the weight somewhere around 6.5 lbs. to 7 lbs. Don't know if thats doable or not. My EF Extra is under 6 lbs and I'm pretty sure the 61" 3DH E xtra that I will currently be working on should be under 6 lbs also with the same lightweight 6s setup. At least that is what I'm shooting for. There is already one built at an auw of 5.25 lbs. Of course this is a tad larger at 65 inches so that ups the equipment a tad. Wish they would have kept it at 60 to 61" wingspan range. Would have seiously considered it instead of just wondering.
Last edited by stevelmaa; Aug 30, 2015 at 12:36 AM.
Aug 30, 2015, 05:40 AM
Ronaldo Nogueira
I guess he is talking about the single servo setup with a joiner between elevators. I prefer dual servo setups too as there is no flexing and you get some redundancy in case one servo fails.
Maybe there is a servo slot on the right side so you could just cut the joiner and install 2 servos. You would have to ask Hangar-9.
Aug 31, 2015, 09:08 AM
They Call him Dead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa
Personally I'm intrigued with the plane. I however would like to see the weight somewhere around 6.5 lbs. to 7 lbs. Don't know if thats doable or not. My EF Extra is under 6 lbs and I'm pretty sure the 61" 3DH E xtra that I will currently be working on should be under 6 lbs also with the same lightweight 6s setup. At least that is what I'm shooting for. There is already one built at an auw of 5.25 lbs. Of course this is a tad larger at 65 inches so that ups the equipment a tad. Wish they would have kept it at 60 to 61" wingspan range. Would have seiously considered it instead of just wondering.
Anybody know how much that Power 60 Brushless weighs?

I see the servos they suggest are quite large compared to the HS 7245s. I also notice that two of them are Low Profile. I assume that is for the ailerons. But they have a lot more torque than the other two suggested for the tail. I would have thought you need more torque for the tail, no?

Man is that expensive for what you get
Aug 31, 2015, 09:26 AM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacketsRC
Anybody know how much that Power 60 Brushless weighs?

I see the servos they suggest are quite large compared to the HS 7245s. I also notice that two of them are Low Profile. I assume that is for the ailerons. But they have a lot more torque than the other two suggested for the tail. I would have thought you need more torque for the tail, no?

Man is that expensive for what you get
motor is 380g and only has a collet style adapter.. but they are recommending the "b" version which is 470kv and has a better current rating than the standard power 60.

They are recommending their own servos for it, of course: Servos:
2 × Spektrum 5060s (aileron); 2 × Spektrum 6220 (elevator/rudder)

Expensive for what you get - a hallmark of horizon hobby... but you typically get the support of the LHS on some of this stuff when you need it which is definitely nice, or from horizon directly.
Aug 31, 2015, 10:56 AM
One more flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn
I guess he is talking about the single servo setup with a joiner between elevators. I prefer dual servo setups too as there is no flexing and you get some redundancy in case one servo fails.
Maybe there is a servo slot on the right side so you could just cut the joiner and install 2 servos. You would have to ask Hangar-9.
Yes, that is what I was talking about.

Quick Reply